Glamorous - a 1940's Hollywood beauty style head morph for G8.1F. No textures.

AOBBAOBB Posts: 957
edited April 2022 in Freebies

Edit: Please download this morph from here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/562301/aobb-s-hollywood-glamour-and-other-older-head-morphs-with-teeth-fixed#latest

The link above (first post in the thread) contains zip files to my updated characters with some fixed issues - in this case the teeth and inner mouth that were misshapen and I also softened the jawline a bit.

Glamorous is the first of three head morphs based loosly on the Hollywood actresses of the 1940's. I named the series "Hollywood Glamour". I'm not sure but maybe I will sculpt three male head morphs to round out this set. I'm not making any promises though. I rendered some stylish images with an older version of Glamorous. The morph you are getting hasn't changed much compared to the one in the gallery renders. Here is the link to the gallery with the images of Glamorous "in action":

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1187928

The gallery also contains links to products used in all images of Glamorous (the ones below included).

Commercial and noncommercial use. If you want to use this morph in a commercial project, please give me credit. Thank you! smiley 

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Enjoy and have fun!

AOBB

Post edited by AOBB on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Looks very good, thanks.

• AOBBAOBB Posts: 957

You are very welcome, nonesuch00. I'm glad you like her. smiley

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Seriously... you are really good at this!

Good enough to get paid for your work... I'd love to see what you could do with the HD toolset for PAs

@Chumly - Thank you! It's so good to have my work so appreciated. smiley However I don't think I would want to be a PA. I feel like I might lose my freedom somehow if I started working for DAZ. Maybe I'm just being too lazy and I don't want to commit. I always treated head sculpting as a hobby and I guess want to keep it that way. 

Maybe I am reading the PA thing wrong, but I believe it is more of a freelance kind of gig.  You create something, submit it to DAZ, if they thinks it a go, they sell it and give you a percentage.

If they really like it, they buy it outright from you.

I am guessing you could "go at your own pace".  

@Chumly - you may be right. That would work for me. However I guess I would have to do the whole package. Not just head morphs but also all the textures to go with it and that simply isn't appealing to me. I also lack talent for making nice textures. Mine are totally amateurish. I would probably have to team up with someone who likes and is good at making the materials. That would be a possibility.

Maybe there is someone out there who hates sculpting but loves texturing and wouldn't mind teaming up with me to make full character products?...

Thank you for looking out for my best interest, Chumly. That is very sweet of you. smiley

AOBB

• AOBB, you may find a particular merchant resource item useful if you've not seen it before: https://www.daz3d.com/skin-builder-8-for-genesis-8-females

@richardandtracy - Thank you for the tip! I somehow never paid attention to this resource. I've read its description now and decided to purchase it. I have to dig into it and find out what it can do. Hmmm... this will be new territory for me.

I wish they had the same resource for G8M. I think men in general are getting a bit shortchanged on the DAZ website. The dForce men's suits just make me cringe. 

I am now working on the male head sculpts for the "Hollywood Glamour" series. I have just started yesterday. I must say that the head morphs I have for men are better than for women. That is one area in which the gents get the upper hand. smiley

• I must admit I have been tempted on many an occasion to get the skin builder, but while I do freebies, I have never felt I'm good enough to do anything for sale - and it is a wee bit pricy if you're not going to be able recoup the investment a little. And the license precludes including skins made with it being given as freebies.

Blokes are woefully under represented at DAZ, but I can understand why. Look around at advertising photography for almost any retail product - men are almost invisible. Far, far less useful in making a saleable product. It even applies to my freebie poses, Stretching poses 01-05 for G8F: 2510 downloads at Renderosity, the male one has identical poses, called G8M Stretching Poses 01 to 10 - 1259 downloads. That is a 2:1 ratio for free downloads, I suspect it'll be even more of a difference when people have to lay down money.

Regards,

Richard

edited December 2021

Fidlesticks...!

Richardandtracy... I have downloaded just about every one of your freebie poses... and to be honest, I use them just as much if not more than the thousands of ones I have from other PA's.  And that is becasue most of yours are natural, everyday kind of poses...   we need more realistic walking, talking, and doing dishes kind of stuff, which you excell at.

My guess is that if you did a "She is Constantly on Her Phone" set of poses.... and include "Texting while driving" to "Texting while Watching TV on the couch" it would sell.

AOBB
    You've got real talent.  Your head skulpts are awesome.  While you say you struggle with Textures, RichardandTracy's suggestion of using the Skin Builder Merchant Resource is an excellent idea.  I would think you could also find somebody to colaborate with if you aren't into body skuplting... so colaborating with a seasoned PA might be a great idea.
    The rest is just marketing.

You both are already DOING the hard part...   the rest is just packaging and letting DAZ do the selling for you (or one of those other companies)

Post edited by Chumly on
  • Chumly said:

Fidlesticks...!

Richardandtracy... I have downloaded just about every one of your freebie poses... and to be honest, I use them just as much if not more than the thousands of ones I have from other PA's.  And that is becasue most of yours are natural, everyday kind of poses...   we need more realistic walking, talking, and doing dishes kind of stuff, which you excell at.

My guess is that if you did a "She is Constantly on Her Phone" set of poses.... and include "Texting while driving" to "Texting while Watching TV on the couch" it would sell.

laugh

Oh dear. Maybe I ought to try a  "She is Constantly on Her Phone" set.. That'd be a hoot.

Thanks for the kind comments about my poses. I do try, but never really sure I get them 'just right'. Maybe if I could convince myself, I'd sell them... No, probably wouldn't even then, I do feel the need to pay back for all the goodies and help I've recieved over the years, and offering things as freebies helps me feel I'm doing a small bit towards the payback I really ought to do more to give.

Regards,

Richard.

edited December 2021

I hear you Richard....

But a slightly different take might be...

If you could make a little money off of some of your work, you could then, possibly, plow the proceeds back in to a AMD Ryzen 9 5900x with 128 GB of memory and an RTX 3090 24GB...

Which would then enable you to create more good works for the community.
    * And Buy other DAZ assets from other PAs (like the Skin Builder mentioned aove)  to help make more assets!

So, if you can get your "hobby" to pay for itself... EVERYBODY wins!

Post edited by Chumly on
    edited December 2021

@Chumly - It is very heartwarming to see that someone I don't even really know has my best interests at heart. Thank you for your kindness. It is a rare commodity these days it seems. 

I will have to give the idea of becoming a pro with DAZ some real thought. I like sculpting nice heads and giving them away for free. I know not everyone has the money to buy a lot of G8.1 characters and I gladly provide. Besides, it is easier for me this way because I can do only the part I like doing and not bother with texturing or sculpting bodies. I don't need to team up with anyone. I'm my own boss and I do what I want the way I want it. For me these are serious considerations. I am lucky enough to have a husband who can support me and my hobbies, so I don't have to worry about money. I can learn to sculpt bodies at my own pace and do texturing also when I feel like it. No pressure.

I am leaving for another country for two months in about two weeks , so I will take a break from sculpting for that time. I'll try to figure out during that period what I want to do. Am I good enough at character creation to stand out from the crowd of other PAs? What is the point otherwise? What vacant niche could I fill that would find popularity? 

My personal feeling now is that I am not really interested in becoming a PA... but that might change. I certainly will finish what I started as freebies - three male characters for the Hollywood Glamour series, "Blade Runner's" Leon Kowalski to round out the CyberNoir collection and update it to version 1.1. I see room for improvement there. Then I'll upload the whole bunch as a bundle. That will occupy me for quite a while and give me plenty of time to decide what I want to do.

Cheers,

AOBB

Post edited by AOBB on

You obviously have to walk your own path... and best of luck! 

I hope your travels a safe and re-invigorating!  Happy holidays, and check in from time to time if you can.  On my list are to make some characters/reneders with your skulpts, I'll post what I come up with here.

Cheers!

Thank you, Chumly! I will be looking forward to seeing your artwork with "my" sculpts. I'm always thrilled to see someone use them in their images.

I also wish you and everyone on this forum wonderful Holidays! smiley Yes, I'll be checking out what is going on here and I'll definitely be on the lookout for your images, Chumly.

Merry Christmas and other Holidays to you all!

AOBB

• Felt compelled to do a quick render of Glamorous today, looking... glamorous of course! : )

AOBB Glamorous BW.jpg
    1100 x 1222 - 529K
  • Oh my. Stunning.
  • riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128

whoa, beatifull picture.

Wow! Awesome! I love it! smiley I don't know but there is something in Glamorous here that reminds me of Marlene Dietrich.

You have a great sense of style, SapphireBlue. Congratulations!

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 831
    edited December 2021

richardandtracy and riuken1 Thank you both so much! AOBB's morph so fits the time that this came together readily. smiley

Thanks heaps AOBBheart Yes, I can see what you mean about Marlene Dietrich. The dreamy BW photo style from back then is always so stylish, and your morphs capture the time really well so these renders have been a pleasure to do.

I updated Alluring's render (since I went overboard trying new things out with her render originally) and have put them all together in a panel. I'm putting it up in the 'new user contests and events' forum page for December because we were encouraged to showcase a free item as we worked on our rendering skills, so I'll be linking back to your morphs. Thanks again! They were wonderful to work with. : )

AOBB Alluring Glamorous Charming.jpg
    3348 x 1020 - 1M
    Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128

SapphireBlue said:

richardandtracy and riuken1 Thank you both so much! AOBB's morph so fits the time that this came together readily. smiley

Thanks heaps AOBBheart Yes, I can see what you mean about Marlene Dietrich. The dreamy BW photo style from back then is always so stylish, and your morphs capture the time really well so these renders have been a pleasure to do.

I updated Alluring's render (since I went overboard trying new things out with her render originally) and have put them all together in a panel. I'm putting it up in the 'new user contests and events' forum page for December because we were encouraged to showcase a free item as we worked on our rendering skills, so I'll be linking back to your morphs. Thanks again! They were wonderful to work with. : )

This look realy nice for a prop of a small frame picture like the ones use in desk. Maybe  in a detective office in the 1920s.

edited December 2021

@SapphireBlue - It gives me this warm, fuzzy feeling around my heart to hear that you are having such a blast with "my" head morphs. I hope you will win the contest as your renderings are sublime and thank you for posting the links to the morphs too. I like the idea of all the images put together as a triptych. Works great. Riuken1 is right that each of those images could be used as photos in a detective's office. There is that Private Eye bundle with the office and props. I imagine one of the ladies' "photos" could stand in a frame on the PE's desk. All we need now is that detective...hmm... wink

Post edited by AOBB on

@SapphireBlue - I've checked out your contest entry. Looks great. I would only change one thing - my head morphs are G8.1F not G8F as you have written. It's not a big deal, especially that the titles of the links clarify that but just to be completely accurate... smiley

Cheers,

AOBB

edited December 2021

Oops, sorry AOBB, I corrected it to G8.1F ! I always have fun doing challenges with any creative activity when there's time, as it's such a nice way to push my skills further. Thank you for your lovely words!

riuken1 and AOBB Great idea to do a PI scene. I love the retro BW PI stuff and have the PI bundle. I actually have a character set up as an old-fashioned PI, but created a custom songbird femme fatale for him and the 3D sparks were definitely there, so I can't split them up, hahaha. But I'm pretty sure AOBB that your male morphs are going to be more than up for the task, so when they come in, I'm ready to do a scene!

I'm a hopeless romantic at heart, so was definitely going to pair up one of your female morphs with one of your male morphs when they came in and do a dramatic render, so this works great! laugh

Thank you for your vote of confidence, SapphireBlue. yes It will be wonderful to see what you will come up with for the Private Eye scene.

I'm beginning to understand how difficult it will be to create those male faces - starting with deciding on what type of characters I want to do. These morphs have to have a certain history and personality sculpted into their features. How do I do that? I know I have to analyze the faces of the male stars from the 40's to decide what makes them so pitch perfect for the roles they were cast in. I guess that is called character design. I don't think I'll be able to create the next Cary Grant or Bogie but I might come up with some servicable and hopefully memorable faces. I will have now two months of time to really think this through. I cannot just jump into sculpting. That would lead nowhere. I've tried that now - it doesn't work. I need to focus and approach this very carefully. 

I'm kind of scared...frown

• Thank you very much for the 3 female morphs! I decided to use all 3 in the same render.

edited December 2021

@AOBB "How do I do that?" Just do your style of magic! We all take some logical steps with any creative endeavor that help us progress from nothing to something, but the rest is just us channelling some magic I think. We can't predict the end result, so best to not worry about it. I'm reminding myself of this as much as I'm reminding you! : )

You were surprisingly brave just to come out and say "I'm kind of scared", which I daresay everyone being creative will be feeling often, so thank you for saying out loud what so many of us feel.

After reading your post, I told myself "See, it's part and parcel of this creative process to feel scared, so many feel the same way. So (I should) just stop worrying and put one foot in front of the other." And I went off to work on some projects that I was procrastinating on badly and actually got somewhere. So thank you! ; ) 

So just take your time and I think you'll have some results to be proud of. And if it isn't quite right, well, we all get to just try again. Which is of course so much easier with digital work, thank goodness! Good luck! : )

• Very cool and detailed render DoctorJellybean! Great expressions! It's so amazing to see how the same morphs can look wildly different with different skin/eyebrows/hair. I can't even guess which one is which. 
    Och, I have to get that jazz corner at some point - it's been on my wishlist forever, and I'm pretty sure I need to do a jazz club render soon...

• SapphireBlue said:

Very cool and detailed render DoctorJellybean! Great expressions! It's so amazing to see how the same morphs can look wildly different with different skin/eyebrows/hair. I can't even guess which one is which. 
    Och, I have to get that jazz corner at some point - it's been on my wishlist forever, and I'm pretty sure I need to do a jazz club render soon...

Thank you. Jazz Corner is a very set indeed.

@SapphireBlue - thank you for your kindness and understanding. I guess I should be a little more lighthearted in approaching my work. Getting scared, while understandable when presented with a problem, isn't helpful in the long run. I'm glad though that my sincerity gave you the impetus to push through your procrastination phase! smiley I'm writing from another country now, so I'll have to see if I can download all my morphs onto the computer I have at my disposal now. I'll catch a breath after 14 hours of flight and see if I can install all my DAZ morphs here.

@Doctor Jellybean - fantastic work. Both the idea and execution are great and I always love seeing my head morphs getting a workout. smiley Kuddos!