Missing Iray Default HDR

I recently loaded a new product scene and got a missing file error, for DTHDR-RuinsB-500.hdr. From other threads I've gleaned that it should be here: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4 Public Build\shaders\iray\resources but on my PC it's not. Closest I could come is to find a folder of that name at C:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\resources\PBR with similarly-named "ktx" files in it.

I found a "default resources" installable for DS 4.15+ (I'm running 4.15.0.030) in DIM. I un-installed it and re-installed but it made no difference I could tell.

Anyone know how I can get this back?

Comments

• Try uninstaling and reinstalling DS - it's certainly there for me.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Try uninstaling and reinstalling DS - it's certainly there for me.

Thanks - I kinda thought the nuclear option would be necessary.

• mikethe3dguymikethe3dguy Posts: 515
    edited November 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Try uninstaling and reinstalling DS - it's certainly there for me.

Honestly: what's the best way to do that? There's a "Download Studio" link on the Daz3D homepage but when you click it it tries to download Daz Central. I use DIM for content installation. Do I need to use Daz Central to re-install Daz Studio? "Daz Studio" doesn't even appear in Windows Add or Remove Programs list for some reason. When I try to open Daz Central it forces me to "Install Selected Applications" (which is Daz Studio) before it goes even a step further... and of course I already have Daz Studio installed. Pretty confusing.

Post edited by mikethe3dguy on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,209

Assuming Studio was installed with DIM, you should have an entry called "DAZ Studio 4.(something) ..." in the Installed tab.

Close Studio and re-install the package from the pop-up menu on the little arrow button on the far right side of the line in DIM.

Otherwise, look in your Product Library (on site) and filter for "DAZ Studio 4.x Pro". There will be several download options, including DIM, which should open it and present you with the options. Mind you, it only has the latest released version, so if you have an older one that you want to keep, save it somewhere safe.

• NorthOf45 said:

Assuming Studio was installed with DIM, you should have an entry called "DAZ Studio 4.(something) ..." in the Installed tab.

Close Studio and re-install the package from the pop-up menu on the little arrow button on the far right side of the line in DIM.

Otherwise, look in your Product Library (on site) and filter for "DAZ Studio 4.x Pro". There will be several download options, including DIM, which should open it and present you with the options. Mind you, it only has the latest released version, so if you have an older one that you want to keep, save it somewhere safe.

Thanks. I guess DS wasn't originally installed with DIM because it (no version of it) doesn't appear in the DIM Installed tab. Though DS V4.16 was in the Ready to Download tab. I didn't see a reason not to upgrade from 4.15 so I just ran that. It successfully fixed my missing HDR default. Now, if I need to uninstall DS in the future I can do it from DIM. Creepy though, that DS no longer shows in Windows Add/Remove Programs list.

• Add/Remove Programs doesn't necessarily show items installed through separate installers, like DIM - it wouldn't know how to clean up the installer (in this case the DIM manifest would need to be removed) and it would also be odd if it excluded cotnent installed the same way, but overwhelming if it didn't.