Parameters Zero Animation Changes Fig

DekeDeke Posts: 1,609
edited November 2021 in New Users

I want to simply clear the animation...return the figure to a starting pose...but every time I "Clear Animation" in the Parameters tab it erases all my morphs and resets the fig to the original figure appearance. Any better ways of erasing all animation from a figure?

Post edited by Deke on

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

You need to memorize the shaping first. Edit -> Figure -> Memorize -> Memorize Figure Shape.

• DekeDeke Posts: 1,609

Is there a good resource in understanding these options?  Zero figure, Clear Animation, Restore Pose....all these terms imply very similiar things. For example, I'd like to be able to keep a characters shape and morphs, but zero the entire figure so it's back to a standing T pose (essentially erasing any posses or animation keyframes).

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Edit - Figure - zero figure pose

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 748
    edited December 2021

What I always do when I want to zero a figures pose but not the entire figure (so: it should not mess with its position and all that) is to use the option "Zero Selected Items" (I also assigned a shortcut for this). Now, the trick here is not to select the full figure but only its limbs, to do that you're also going to need the scene option "Select children" (which you should also assign a keycombo to for easier usage).

Then:

• Select the figure you want to 'zero', expand it and then click on "Hip".
    • Use the "Select children" option (I'm using control-shift-c as an easy shortcut) and look for the extra checkboxes in your viewport.
    • Then use "Zero selected items" (I'm using control-shift-z for this).

Low and behold: the figure assumes the default zero-t pose yet without moving to its default position within your scene. IMO this is the best procedure for all this.

Post edited by ShelLuser on