custom morph question

I created a morph in blender for the g8 male anatomical element. Using morph loader pro I add the morph and change the reverse deformations to true. It works great If everything is exactly the same as when I exported the original element to create the morph. but if the new figure is on a different scale or location the element moves/translates to the original location.

How do I not save the xyz cordinates?

Comments

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

I think you may want to start with just the anatomical element loaded, not attatched to a figure, export that, sculpt it how you want, import with morph loader, NOT USING REVRSE DEFORMATIONS, at this point it can be attatche to the figure.  This should solve your problem.

• I tested as you suggested. Leaving REVRSE DEFORMATIONS off.

the anatomy doesn't move any more, but the morph is messed up now

• I watched sickleyeilds video  But I must be missing something, because the clothes do the same thing

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010
    edited November 2021

heinzerbrew_f94794efff said:

I created a morph in blender for the g8 male anatomical element. Using morph loader pro I add the morph and change the reverse deformations to true. It works great If everything is exactly the same as when I exported the original element to create the morph. but if the new figure is on a different scale or location the element moves/translates to the original location.

Hi. Rule 1. Do not move the figures around. Default load positions. I do not use Blender so will just say to send it over to Blender and create the morph. Then export out that morphed geograft as .obj. In D/S using morph loader pro bring in the morphed geograft and make the morph. Dial in the morph to be sure it took. Zero the morph and save the morph. Then attach it to the figure it was made for and pose the figure where you want it. 

Reverse deformations: yes.

If you have the figure posed elsewhere in the scene it is more complicated ... involves other options concerning poses found on the Morph Loader Pro, not something I've memorized because it's much less hair pulling to make morphs on default loads ;-)

Rule 2: Always make morphs using Base Mesh resolutions.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Catherine3678ab said:

heinzerbrew_f94794efff said:

Hi. Rule 1. Do not move the figures around. Default load positions. I do not use Blender so will just say to send it over to Blender and create the morph. Then export out that morphed geograft as .obj. In D/S using morph loader pro bring in the morphed geograft and make the morph. Dial in the morph to be sure it took. Zero the morph and save the morph. Then attach it to the figure it was made for and pose the figure where you want it. 

Reverse deformations: yes.

If you have the figure posed elsewhere in the scene it is more complicated ... involves other options concerning poses found on the Morph Loader Pro, not something I've memorized because it's much less hair pulling to make morphs on default loads ;-)

Rule 2: Always make morphs using Base Mesh resolutions.

Thanks, I believe I am doing all that. I have watched several morph tutorials and all though there are a lot of steps and settings to make sure you have set correctly it seems pretty simple. It should just work based on the videos I watched. The only problem is that none of the videos tested the morphs they made on a different character or in a different location other than zero. So they never actually showed what would happen in the situation I am having trouble with.

Since I am having problems with all morphs (not just the anatomical elements) I think i will post a detailed question with pictures and the steps I did to create the morph. Maybe more people will be willing to help if the question is about clothes.

• Actually, It is working now... I have no idea what is different. While going step by step and taking screenshots, the end result worked.