Lost and Found - Fix?

I've read everything I could find about products ending up in the Lost and Found in the DAZ3D library.  I've tried every "tip" so far in an attempt to get them where they belong and out of Lost and Found.  Here's a list of what I've tried...

• Deleting everything and re-installing everything (as in purchased products)
  • Uninstalling DAZ3d and re-installing DAZ3d
  • Updating Meta Data
  • Editing the Meta Data and telling it to Sync Product and Local Database
  • Removing a specific product (example:  The Girl 4) and then having DAZ Installer re-install it.
  • Etc.

None of those have made any difference.

Now, I do have my assets installed on a removable drive.  In my case, B:\poseruser\documents\My DAZ Library\ (that is where Content Directory Manager -> DAZ Studio Formats points, and it is also where Install Manager -> Settings ->Installation points under Install to Selected Path)

I'm open to trying other things.  It's not like I can't access the stuff via Lost and Found, but I'd rather have it where it belongs.

If you have a suggestion for a fix, I'm open to hearing and trying it.

Comments

• Lost and Found isn't a sign of anything being broken, it's a catch-all for items that are not otherwise categorised - the only "fix" is to categorise them, for example by right-clicking on the thumbnails (or folder) in the Content Library

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248
    So, if I manually categorize will the DAZ installer reconize it and not try to re-install the same packages?
  • Categorisation is done to the files, not the product, so you need to have it installed before you can categorise - but with DS 4.9+ you will not wipe your own categorisation if you replace the supplied categories with your own..

• Db3dDb3d Posts: 248

I'll have to play with categorizing my files.

• Here is the issue I am having, and hopefully someone can answer and/or help me. I will sort a product into its proper folders, locations, etc. I will use the Content Package Assist to make it into an install format the DAZ installer will install. I install the product, and it shows up in products and works fine. I make a few other tweaks, but everything is working. I then take the time to categorize everything and use the CB Editor to link everything. It shows up in Smart Content, works beautifully. I then export the metadata file, and replace it in the duplicate zip file under support so I can reinstall and have all my categories done, and have the smart content show up with no more work. However, it doesn't work. When I then try to fresh install that product, with all the categories in the support file, it is re-installed into lost and found, and the DAZ installer does not have a check marks showing there is a metadata file. When I open the text file in notepad, it is showing all the categories there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,983

Here is the issue I am having, and hopefully someone can answer and/or help me. I will sort a product into its proper folders, locations, etc. I will use the Content Package Assist to make it into an install format the DAZ installer will install. I install the product, and it shows up in products and works fine. I make a few other tweaks, but everything is working. I then take the time to categorize everything and use the CB Editor to link everything. It shows up in Smart Content, works beautifully. I then export the metadata file, and replace it in the duplicate zip file under support so I can reinstall and have all my categories done, and have the smart content show up with no more work. However, it doesn't work. When I then try to fresh install that product, with all the categories in the support file, it is re-installed into lost and found, and the DAZ installer does not have a check marks showing there is a metadata file. When I open the text file in notepad, it is showing all the categories there. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

My best guess you need to edit the Manifest.dsx file that CPA generates and add lines to install the support files. Here is a sample:

<File TARGET="Content" ACTION="Install" VALUE="Content/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_126346_Galactic_Tyrant.dsa"/>
    <File TARGET="Content" ACTION="Install" VALUE="Content/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_126346_Galactic_Tyrant.dsx"/>
    <File TARGET="Content" ACTION="Install" VALUE="Content/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_126346_Galactic_Tyrant.jpg"/>

Normally the lines are listed alphabetical and show up before the Runtime/Texture entries.

I am using the original release version v1.0.0.25 because it includes the runtime/support files in the installer.  I recall subsequent versions ignored the runtime support folder so I went back to the original release version.  Using this older version allows me to mount the Build001/content folder in the Daz Studio Formats library, categorize, create the product, generate the support files.  I then add the support files plus a product icon to the Build001 folder's Runtime/Support and then generate the DIM installer. 

Last steps before installing with DIM:  1. Delete the product from the Products library, 2. Unmount the Build001 library (Leave CPA open in case you need to remount and tweek the files due to an install failure) and finally 3. Exit Daz Studio.

Install with DIM, Launch Daz Studio and you should see the product, with icon and all of the files categorized just like a DAZ product DIM installer.

• I find this super annoying to try and deal with I bought Stephanie 3 base and instead of putting in in character it was set to lost and found which I feel is a misteak on daz3d part. I am trying to catorgize some stuff for victoria 4 and it refuses to get rid of the defult catogery to be lost of and found. I dont want anything in the lost and found folder I feel like if the person who is selling items on the store should catogrize this stuff better. I could send support tickets but pretty much daz support doesnt care as I have submitted this kind of stuff in the past. 

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Close Smart Content pane and problem is solved.