How to make 1 morph slider with multiple transformations?

You know 3DU's Toon Generations? How have they got that slider bar with so many morphs on it?
It's the 'toon generations age' slider. The morph turns the baby into a kid, the kid into an adult, and the adult into an old lady.
How do we replicate this with our custom characters?

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

You need to use an Extended Remote Control to drive the properties. You can use a Keyed ERC to dial a morph in and out in a certain range.

So 0.25 becomes 0.0, 0.5 becomes 1.0, and 0.75 becomes 0.0 again. The morph value is remapped to a certain section of the controlling property's slider value.

• margrave said:

You need to use an Extended Remote Control to drive the properties. You can use a Keyed ERC to dial a morph in and out in a certain range.

So 0.25 becomes 0.0, 0.5 becomes 1.0, and 0.75 becomes 0.0 again. The morph value is remapped to a certain section of the controlling property's slider value.

I am pretty adept at writing instructions incorrectly. Would you be willing to write out a tutorial or make a video?
    I'm serious, I really need this since I am an artist on other sites, I would like to sell fully morphing characters like this.

If you did help me, I would totally return the favor.

• Leana said:

This post should help: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6739076/#Comment_6739076

Hi, 

I specifically needed a tiered bar.
    Like 3DU's toon generations.

How would I take the above link and do that?

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

After you load the morphs you want to control, right-click the Properties pane and select Edit Mode. Right-click it again and choose to create a new property. This will be the master control, so name it appropriately. I also find it helpful to change the minimum from -1.0 to 0.0 and disable Show as Percent.

Open the Property Hierarchy pane. You can drag the icon next to a property over to this pane to create an ERC. Right-click the master control and choose Show in Property Hierarchy. Drag all the morphs you want to control over to the master control's Sub-Component list. Put them under 1st Stage (Add/Subtract).

A Sub-Component is a child relationship. That property's value will be driven by whatever the master control's value is. A Controller is the opposite, a parent relationship. When you add one property as a Sub-Component, that property will automatically have a corresponding Controller ERC created. You can chain many different properties this way.

Go to the properties you just added and expand them. For all lf them, change the type to ERC Keyed and the interpolation to Linear. Click the plus icon to add keys. The keys define when the morph will be dialed in.

Values go from 0.0 to 1.0, which is why I said to disable percentages when creating the property.

If you have two morphs you want to mix, then for the first one create keys "0.0 : 1.0" and "1.0 : 0.0". The morph will start at 1.0 and then get smaller as the master control slider approaches 1.0. Then create an inverted ERC Keyed for the second property, so it starts at 0.0 and gets larger as the master control approaches 1.0. Now, when the master control is at 50%, both morphs will be half-applied.

Finally, create a character control (Like the Christian 8 slider, Charlotte 8, etc.) and drag that to 2nd Stage (Multiply/Divide) list for all of your morphs/properties. Set it as an ERC Multiply. Since anything times 0 is 0, this will cancel out all of them unless the character itself is dialed in.

• Thanks, I will try this out soon.
    Please check your inbox for messages.