Can't install assets in Daz Central or Install manager

My installations fail with both Daz Central and Install manager. Is it a general problem, as it happened recently, or is it just me? 

Comments

• Does it give any kind of error message? Have you checked the log?

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited December 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Does it give any kind of error message? Have you checked the log?

The issue obviously went away since, but the log?  Which log? There's a log on DAZ central or install manager?  

Post edited by odastein on
  • Yes, under the settings menu (they take ages to launch as my archive is on an external drive so I can't easily check the exact location - in DIM it used to be a button at the bottom of the settings dialogue).

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited December 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Yes, under the settings menu (they take ages to launch as my archive is on an external drive so I can't easily check the exact location - in DIM it used to be a button at the bottom of the settings dialogue).

Indeed, I found it. Thanks for the tip. 

Post edited by odastein on
  • I'm not a new user but I feel like one. I'm using Daz for the first time since 2019, and my files location has changed since then. I can't find how to put in the new path where all my files are. My computer has an F drive, and although the program itself is on C drive, all the product files are on F. The actual path is F: DAZ3D>Studio>My Library. Where can I put this information in and how does the apparently newDaz Central affect the installation path?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,574

rose_78372 said:

I'm not a new user but I feel like one. I'm using Daz for the first time since 2019, and my files location has changed since then. I can't find how to put in the new path where all my files are. My computer has an F drive, and although the program itself is on C drive, all the product files are on F. The actual path is F: DAZ3D>Studio>My Library. Where can I put this information in and how does the apparently newDaz Central affect the installation path?

If you're used to DIM, I will recommend to stick to that. Daz Central is supposed to be a simplified version of DIM targetted new users.

And I have no clue how to change anything in Daz Cabtral.

If your content is on F, you need to point both the installer (DIM or Daz Central) and Daz Studio to that.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,293

Adding the content folder to DS is done with 'Content Directory Manager', see the attachments.

In Content directory Manager, you select the heading "DAZ Studio Formats" and click at "New"

If you also have Poser content in there, do the same for "Poser Formats"

PathToContDirMan.JPG
    564 x 532 - 60K
    ContentDirMan.JPG
    384 x 240 - 19K