HDRI scene

I'm trying to do a series of renders of three figures in the HDRI apocolyptic plant indoor set, and I am about to conclude that there is no way to render the scene from different camera angles and still preserve the characters' positions relative to the "floor".  Am I wrong?

Comments

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325

Can you throw a few screenshots up, explaining the problem?  I think if you have "draw ground" on, it ought to work.  I have the set and can check for you, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I think I know what you mean.  The HDRI changes when you move the camera to a different angle.  I that what you mean?

• tomasballtomasball Posts: 78

I'm sorry for not explaining well.  By experimenting, I have had a little success in solving my own problem, though not much.  In the first image you see three objects rendered into the "apocalypse plant" hdri scene with "draw floor" turned on.  The second image is after I moved the camera to a different angle.  The background and floor changed as I moved the camera, and so did my view of the three primitives, but the changes did not in the least agree.  In this case before rendering the pic, I parented two objects to the third, and moved them as a group (along the x and z axis, no rotation) to position the parent (cylindar) in the HDRI image as close as I could to its previous position.  That put the orange box very close to it's correct position as well.  So, not bad, but a little hard, and doesn't seem to work if you make a more exaggerated move of the camera.

relationships1.jpg
    600 x 450 - 387K
    relationships2.jpg
    600 x 450 - 387K
  • Is this the only solution?

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,744

Indoor HDRIs are a nightmare.

I only ever use HDRIs for skies, distant scenery, abstract backgrounds, or just for the light.

• Maybe you can use a HDRI for lighting and a picture for backgroynd.

• charlescharles Posts: 775

I'm actually currently working on a program right now called Unpanorama. Which unwraps a 360 panorama image into 4 walls, a ceiling and floor image to solve this very issue. There's similar programs out there but none that let you fully adjust the image alignments, which this will. I want it to also keep HDR info so am researching the encoding for it, but it maybe you will need to us an Xray camera to put the HDRI lighting back into the scene.

• Leonides02Leonides02 Posts: 1,370

charles said:

I'm actually currently working on a program right now called Unpanorama. Which unwraps a 360 panorama image into 4 walls, a ceiling and floor image to solve this very issue. There's similar programs out there but none that let you fully adjust the image alignments, which this will. I want it to also keep HDR info so am researching the encoding for it, but it maybe you will need to us an Xray camera to put the HDRI lighting back into the scene.

I hope you're still working on this!!!