Geometry editor doesn't allow right click

I recently found out that you can hide polygons of a model with the help of the geometry editor. I thought: "Neat now I can remove clipping of body parts". So apparently you should be able to select indiviual polygons and then right click in the viewport to get a 2nd menu with some options, one of those being the function to hide these polygons. For some reason when I select my polygons and then rightclick nothing shows up. I'm on Daz 4.15

Comments

• What operating system?

• Richard Haseltine said:

What operating system?

Windows 10

• Can you get a right-click menu with any tools, or is this a general failure?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

I think this has happened to me a few times. I can't remember if the solution was switching to a different tool and back to geometry editor, or selecting a different item in the scene pane and going back to the original item. 

Can you get a right-click menu with any tools, or is this a general failure?

Sorry for such a late reply. Right-clicking still doesn't work on geometry editor. I switched to over to the rest of the tools, selected something in the scene and tried to right-click. Nothing happened (maybe not all of the tools allow for right-clicking?). The only tools were I can see the right mouse button doing something is with the "movement tools" (universal, rotate, translate). I'm on Daz3D 4.15 with Windows 10. If you need more information please feel free to ask!

• Go to Window>Workspace>Customise. At the bottom of the dialogue there is a section labelled Viewport Shortcuts, with tabs for several tools. Have a look through that to see if right-click alone is assigned to anything.

Go to Window>Workspace>Customise. At the bottom of the dialogue there is a section labelled Viewport Shortcuts, with tabs for several tools. Have a look through that to see if right-click alone is assigned to anything.

The shortcuts seems normal. I even checked a lot of other panels and they also seemed untouched. Any other ideas?

• No, at the bottom of the dialogue running across the full width.

No, at the bottom of the dialogue running across the full width.

Sorry for the missunderstaning. Are you referring to this?

• Yes, for any of the tabs.

Yes, for any of the tabs.

All the tabs only used "Alt", "Shift" or "Ctrl". I even defaulted the settings just in case and nothing changed. Any other ideas my friend? 

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited October 2022

Right clicking in the viewport should bring up the options to delete if you have the tool settings tab open and geometry editor selected. 

Do you have an object selected in the scene tab? Try selecting an object and trying it. 

I was using this function this morning I'm using the current version of ds so it shouldn't be ds unless as previously suggested you've customised a setting. 

And it does work on the viewport with any tab open as long as the geometry editor is selected I specifically checked that this morning as i was putting together a tutorial on it. 

Post edited by Pendraia on