How to see the furniture from the outside of the house?

I've recently noticed some products that have some really cool features. For example, under the operation interface, the outer wall of the house is transparent, and the furniture inside the house can be seen from the outside. That's very interesting. How do you do that?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

DAZ products?

I know an Xray feature in other software but not seen this myself in DAZ store

• kyoreonakyoreona Posts: 146

DAZ products?

I know an Xray feature in other software but not seen this myself in DAZ store

yeah,daz product!
  • Adjust the opacity of the surface and/or apply a transparency image to the cutout dial.

Adjust the opacity of the surface and/or apply a transparency image to the cutout dial.

Does this affect the final render result?
  • Of course.

Of course.

No, it's only transparent in the interface, but it's still opaque after rendering.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

can you maybe link the DAZ products showing what you are talking about

(what I meant to ask as not seen any)

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,989
    edited January 2022

kyoreona said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Of course.

No, it's only transparent in the interface, but it's still opaque after rendering.

Did you put a solid Black/White transparency image on the concerned surface of the target model?

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • If it is a separate bone or prop, select it and go to the Parameters pane where you can turn off Visible In Viewport (under Display)

VisInViewport.jpg
    1402 x 1034 - 151K

If it is a separate bone or prop, select it and go to the Parameters pane where you can turn off Visible In Viewport (under Display)

Thank you for your answer, but I know that. I'm talking about situations like the following. There is a person in the room, drag the view outside the room, the wall blocking that person will automatically become transparent. The other three walls are opaque. It's a dynamic process. Maybe I have to find that product before I can explain it to you.
  • You do realize that many a "room" in television land does not consist of 4 walls. One hides, removes from the scene, uses transparencies, etc. to make things invisible in the scene.

• kyoreona said:

Richard Haseltine said:

If it is a separate bone or prop, select it and go to the Parameters pane where you can turn off Visible In Viewport (under Display)

Thank you for your answer, but I know that. I'm talking about situations like the following. There is a person in the room, drag the view outside the room, the wall blocking that person will automatically become transparent. The other three walls are opaque. It's a dynamic process. Maybe I have to find that product before I can explain it to you.

I'm not aware that anything in Daz Studio will do that, except posibly using a rendered-preview with a custom sahder that treats the two sides differently.

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

You could parent an iray section plane to the camera, and that could sort of get the effect you're looking for.