UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• TimotheusTimotheus Posts: 236

I honestly cannot remember the last time I looked forward to a product release with such anticipation. Possibly Ultra Scenery itself.... This looks amazing!

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

OMG. Beautiful!!!

• Just stunning! So looking forward to this.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    It looks really nice. I had a trip to the US northwest planned for this week, but we had to cancel. This image makes me feel like we are there!
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

barbult said:

It looks really nice. I had a trip to the US northwest planned for this week, but we had to cancel. This image makes me feel like we are there!

If you do eventually make it up to the Pacific North West, make sure you stay several tens of miles away from Mount St. Helens.  It threw a temper tantrum a few year's back and there was a very large bang!

Cheers,

Alex. 

• Howie, you are in danger of making DAZ Studio into a complete landscape generator that can generate breathtaking vistas and do the impossible of including realistic and posable people in them.

It's the sort of hope I had for Flowscape, but the writer of that software had a different destination in mind and rather ignored the DS side of his customers. Shame that, but your software looks like it will go further in the journey started with Ultrascenery. I do look forward to seeing the final results.

Just one query: When is 'Ultraskies' going to be started? You know, the script where suns, planets, moons, asteroids, skies and clouds can all be defined through one simple to use script? wink Then who'll need Bryce or Flowscape?

Regards,

Richard.

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

That is some next-level *bleep* right there!! I'm going *bleeping* crazy looking at the test renders. My *bleeping* mind is blown!!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

alexhcowley said:

barbult said:

If you do eventually make it up to the Pacific North West, make sure you stay several tens of miles away from Mount St. Helens.  It threw a temper tantrum a few year's back and there was a very large bang!

Cheers,

Alex. 

Mount. St. Helens was our first scheduled stop. My husband wanted to see the east side this time. We've been to Johnson Ridge, etc. several times.A conversation with a park ranger let us know that the roads were closed due to snow already this year. That caused havoc with our itinerary and hotel reservations along the planned route. Rain and cold temps were forecast for all the areas we planned to visit in Washington. We had originally planned to go in September, but got scared off by the COVID-19 surge with the Delta variant, even though we are vaccinated. Talk of need for a booster, etc. caused us to delay until October. We still don't have a booster, because we are waiting for approval of a Moderna booster. All the factors led us to cancel this trip. My husband had carefully reserved everything, even the flights, so that things were cancellable without penalty even at the last minute. I had actually already  checked in for the flights and luggage was packed, when we made the decision to give up on it. I'm happy to be at home rendering in lovely Florida fall weather, though. I can visit UltraScenery Pacific Northwest and look at XT previews instead. laugh We'll do the real trip another time, maybe in the spring.

• HowieFarkes said:

Time for another progress render. Have been working more on the vegetation (sunk a week of time just into the tree-line lol)

Need plane airbus there  .

Enjoy the beautiful scenery .

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596

I'm very much looking forward to the large terrain generator coming out. Beautiful! :-D

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited October 2021

Oso3D said:

Did Terragen start on the Amiga? Whoa.

(I never owned an Amiga, but I owned a Commodore and looked upon friends' Amiga longingly)

But I DID use Terragen a bunch like 20 years ago when it was strictly a free thing.

My Amiga was my first introduction into computer graphics.  I was SO impressed with its (pixelated) images.  laugh  We've come a LONG, LONG way.  Howie, my credit card is ready and waiting...

Post edited by sandmanmax on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,805

I'm really looking forward to this. This will open up the world of grand mountain scenery.

• goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited October 2021

alexhcowley said:

barbult said:

Cheers,

Alex. 

Funny you should mention that - I was in my late teens riding my motorcycle from Post Falls, Idaho to Spokane, Washington to do some yard work for my brother's landlord. (Remember, kids, this is PRE-INTERNET and PRE-CELL PHONES!) As I rode west there was an incredible, dark, storm front moving in and I considered turning back home because I wouldn't be able to do any work in a storm, but being stubborn, I pressed on.  I got stuck in Spokane for almost a week as the volcanic ash was so slippery driving/riding on it was nearly impossible. After about a week of going stir crazy (remember - PRE-everything), I couldn't stand it any more and struck out on my motorcycle, at about 10 miles an hour, and slower, and it was as if I was riding on slippery ice but I made it home eventually. I will never forget the smell of volcanic ash - not a bad smell, but distinct.

Hey Howie, any chance of an add-on pack with things like Mt St. Helens (before, or after, blowing her top at the world)?   

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

Now I don;t buy a lot lately, but THIS? Oh yeah!

And Howie - ever consider DEM import??

• hacsart said:

I have no direct experience using DEM data but the plugin will be able to use (initially only 8bit grayscale but later 16bit) height-maps. So if you can convert your DEM into a PNG or JPEG you should be good to go.
  • @HowieFarkes This is looking so very cool and will be a deffinit buy. Say I would love it if you would consider doing a New Zealand coastla ecosystem for UtraScene too at some point. Please?

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Now I'm thinking about the use of MOLA DEM files for green Mars renders...

• Oso3D said:

Now I'm thinking about the use of MOLA DEM files for green Mars renders...

My first thoughts were of Mars as well!

• hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024

Thanks - that should do just fine!

HowieFarkes said:

hacsart said:

I have no direct experience using DEM data but the plugin will be able to use (initially only 8bit grayscale but later 16bit) height-maps. So if you can convert your DEM into a PNG or JPEG you should be good to go.
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

ALLIEKATBLUE said:

Is this going to be system intensive

Probably.

Previews look great. Look forward to trying it out.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,018

HowieFarkes said:

And yes all the renders so far have been of piney mountains - but I need to get all the systems in place before starting on new biomes and ecosystems. It will definitely NOT be only piney mountains.

please pretty please do a tropical sky line that can be used for islands, whether small, or something larger like on Oahu ...

• edited November 2021

Love this and it made me pull the trigger on purchasing nearly every ultrascenery item in the store.  Altready had a few and tried them out even using it in a few scenes.  My biggest problem was it was too small for large view scenes and you just solved that.

Post edited by hot88stang_21e963c5c7 on
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582
    edited January 2022

Well it has been a while since I popped in here... UltraSceneryXT is still in production. I hit a few unexpected hurdles (grumble, grumble, memory leaks, grumble) but seem to overcome most of the issues now. Mostly now creating a library of preset materials and biomes for the initial release and writing the manual. Here's a desert mountain for your eyes.

Desert.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Cheers,

Alex.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

alexhcowley said:

I can't wait to get my hands on this!

Cheers,

Alex.