Llola Lane’s RENDER A MONTH Challenge 2022 (CLOSED)

Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009
edited January 2023 in Art Studio

2022's challenge I'm calling... "The year of CELEBRATIONS!!!"

The past 2 years have been distressing to say the least.  I for one am tired of all the doom and gloom.  Let's look on the bright side in 2022 and capture some good times in our artworks!

ALL are welcome to join.  This challenge is for fun and to keep the creative juices flowing.

ENJOY!

(to view the 2013 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/27391/ )
(to view the 2014 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33447/ )
(to view the 2015 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/50455/ )
(to view the 2016 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/68350/ )
(to view the 2017 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/137066/ )
(to view the 2018 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/221616/ )
(to view the 2019 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/299501/ )
(to view the 2020 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/375341/ )
(to view the 2021 renders please visit... https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/462446/ )

There are only 2 rules…
ONLY 1 RENDER ALLOWED per PER PERSON per month (NOTE:  If you would like to do 2 renders per month... you can also post your second one on the PFDLives Thread in my corner.... Here is the linky... http://www.pfdlives.com/pfd/index.php?topic=8509.msg143126
and...
(this is only a suggestion) IT MUST BE A COMPLETELY “NEW” RENDER specifically for this challenge!!!

p.s… to keep the thread from getting too long... no WIPs please… THANK YOU!

ANY 3D program can be used!  ALL are welcome to join the challenge!

Here’s the list.. To be a little more challenging I've mixed up the holidays.... (evil laugh) HAVE FUN!!!

JANUARY = Wedding
FEBRUARY = Graduation
MARCH = New Baby
APRIL = Thanksgiving
MAY = Halloween
JUNE = Retirement
JULY = Valentines
AUGUST = Christmas
SEPTEMBER = Birthday
OCTOBER = New Years
NOVEMBER = 4th of July/Independence Day
DECEMBER = Easter

Post edited by Llola Lane on

Comments

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

Ooo... this is exciting smileyyes 

Thank you Lola Lane, great subject ideas and I love the way you've mixed them all up smiley

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

Well, yesterday I loaded all my hispanic characters into a scene for reasons that are lost to the mists of time, so I guess they're a wedding now.

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009

Gordig said:

Well, yesterday I loaded all my hispanic characters into a scene for reasons that are lost to the mists of time, so I guess they're a wedding now.

haaaaaaaaaaaaa... glad to help out Gordig... LOL  Can't wait to see it ;)

Mollytabby said:

Ooo... this is exciting smileyyes 

Thank you Lola Lane, great subject ideas and I love the way you've mixed them all up smiley

whoo hoot... glad you like the themes Molly ;)  I thought mixing them up would make it more challenging... muuu haaa haaa

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Eh, sorry for using a render I made a couple of days ago and posted in the 3DL thread, I didn't know then that it was meant for this thread LOL (I'm not a wedding type of guy so I don't think I can match my own work)...sigh...will be a tough year:)))

Sven Dullah said:

Eh, sorry for using a render I made a couple of days ago and posted in the 3DL thread, I didn't know then that it was meant for this thread LOL (I'm not a wedding type of guy so I don't think I can match my own work)...sigh...will be a tough year:)))

Thank you for starting our year/month off with such a wonderful piece of artwork Sven Dullah  I definately get a wedding vibe from it ;)  Thanks for joining the challenge!

• deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited January 2022

And for the honeymoon they are off to slay the dragon. I feel bad for the dragon. Nicely done Sven Dullah.

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
  • Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,403

Hello!  I'm hoping to do more of these challenges this year, and I love celebrations, so hopefully I'll be able to join every month ^_^

Happily Ever After

Just a couple of lovebirds who have just taken their vows ^_^

Rendered in Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator.

Happily Ever After.jpg
    3000 x 1854 - 7M
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,158

That is beautiful @Fae3D

I love the pose and the reflections on the floor.

I hope they are still fit enough reenact that moment on their 25th aniversery. Very well done.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,403

Thanks so much, Mollytabby and Deeleelas57, I'm glad ya'll like it!  

edited January 2022

Fae3D said:

Hello!  I'm hoping to do more of these challenges this year, and I love celebrations, so hopefully I'll be able to join every month ^_^

Happily Ever After

Just a couple of lovebirds who have just taken their vows ^_^

Rendered in Iray.

Postwork in Pixelmator.

Oh Fae3D This is wonderful... Looks like a photograph of one of my RL wedding poses... When... the groom could lift the bride that is... lol  Thanks for joining the fun this year ;)

• sueyasueya Posts: 824
    edited January 2022

Here is my wedding picture. I turned the Morphing Fantasy dress into a wedding dress with the help of the Pd Iray Shader Kit.

Post edited by sueya on

sueya said:

Here is my wedding picture. I turned the Morphing Fantasy dress into a wedding dress with the help of the Pd Iray Shader Kit.

Oh sueya This is wonderful!  I didn't know/have those shaders... They are now on my wish list.  ;)  Thanks for the heads up and I'm glad you are joining the challenge this year.  (thumbz up!)

edited January 2022

No explaination needed.... oops... lol

"Shotgun Wedding"

JAN 2022 shotgun WEDDING DONE SIGN.jpg
    1074 x 1074 - 213K

Well done sueya, hard to tell from the expressions if it is a before shot and he is thinking "I got you now my lovely" or an after shot and she is thinking "I got you now my love and your roaming days are over".

Another great one Llola Lane, will the honeymoon be a trip to the big city for dining and dancing or the maturnity ward.

deeleelaw57 said:

Another great one Llola Lane, will the honeymoon be a trip to the big city for dining and dancing or the maturnity ward.

I think if Papa has any say about it... Maturnity Ward it is!  lol

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

I'm starting to doubt that I'll have my render finished in time. It's an incredibly heavy scene, so it's taxing to even work on it. I'm also struggling with the lesson that I will apparently never learn, where I'm having a hard time framing the scene to include everything I want it to.

Gordig said:

I'm starting to doubt that I'll have my render finished in time. It's an incredibly heavy scene, so it's taxing to even work on it. I'm also struggling with the lesson that I will apparently never learn, where I'm having a hard time framing the scene to include everything I want it to.

There is plenty of time Gordig... (breathe)... Can you break the scene up into pieces and then put them back together with postwork?  I find that helps when I have a complicated scene.... Also... I'm sure you know this but... When I put my courthouse scene together I deleted everything that the camera wasn't looking at... I deleted all the seats... flags... emblems.. even the walls behind the camera... I'm hoping you can do something similar.  I'd really love to see what you come up with... Now ya got me curious...lol  I'm rootin' for ya ;)

edited January 2022

For Now

By the power of all that is evil I declare you toghether, for now and always until the second coming. You may now advantage of each other.

For Now.jpg
    1024 x 896 - 239K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

At least it is not a white wedding @deeleelaw57!!

Amazing render!!

Thank you Saphirewild, I try to make things a bit differnet and see if I can make someone out there smile.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063

Saphirewild said:

At least it is not a white wedding @deeleelaw57!!

Amazing render!!

It seems it's also not a match made in heaven!  laugh

Dana 

deeleelaw57 said:

For Now

By the power of all that is evil I declare you toghether, for now and always until the second coming. You may now advantage of each other.

Well done Dee.. awesome take on the theme... I'm lovin' all the different weddings we are getting ;)  Thanks for joining the fun!

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 518

Great renders so far everyone!

Tieing The Knot

(3Delight & Gimp)

Soooo cool nattaruk... I never thought of alien weddings.  The colors are great!  Gotta love our aliens... ;)  Thanks for joining the challenge!

edited January 2022

In a gallaxy far far away. Thanks for making me homesick nattaruk with your colorful and very well done art work.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Interesting theme this year with holidays. Being a non-american I struggle with ideas for thanksgiving, since pretty much all I know about it is that you eat turkey. But that's a problem for when that comes. Good idea to switch the themes around. It's great having an excuse to do a x-mas render in August!

As for the starting theme, I have to share my favourite quote on the topic:  "Marriage - The sacred institution that lets two people together solve problems they otherwise wouldn't have."

Great variety in the wedding renders here. Good job everyone! 

isidorn said:

Interesting theme this year with holidays. Being a non-american I struggle with ideas for thanksgiving, since pretty much all I know about it is that you eat turkey. But that's a problem for when that comes. Good idea to switch the themes around. It's great having an excuse to do a x-mas render in August!

As for the starting theme, I have to share my favourite quote on the topic:  "Marriage - The sacred institution that lets two people together solve problems they otherwise wouldn't have."

Great variety in the wedding renders here. Good job everyone! 

Thanks isidorn ... It's all about happiness this year.  I am tired of all the doom and gloom in the world.  Hope you (and duckie) can join us!

Love your marriage quote and... I love turkey!  lol