Create morphs for Daz with Forger or Nomad Sculpt (IOS) is it possible?

menghienricomenghienrico Posts: 85
edited January 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi! I wish I could create morphs for Daz using my iPad pro. The apps currently available are Nomad Sculpt and Forger.
Before buying one, I would like to know if these apps are right for me and above all, which of the two is the best.
I know that the main problem in creating Daz morphs is maintaining the order of vertices
and I don't know if these apps meet this criterion. Thank you!

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• gerster said:

https://forum.nomadsculpt.com/t/keep-vertex-order-on-obj-import-export/1004

thank you!  I'd seen that post and in fact I would be more inclined to Nomad Sculpt. I would be interested to know if anyone here uses it routinely, to get an opinion

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

I bought it a few days ago, but I'm a newbee in sculpting and it may take some time until I invest time into Nomad. But it feels much better then Blender sculpting.

• gerster said:

I bought it a few days ago, but I'm a newbee in sculpting and it may take some time until I invest time into Nomad. But it feels much better then Blender sculpting.

Thanks! 

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

I'll have to check, but generally, so long ass the tools move the mesh and don't add more mesh, it should work.

So I checked with one of my sculpting groups on FB. The main sculpting tools should only be moving verts; not adding. Multi res, voxel remesh and topology tools will change vert order. Also don't trim or split or merge meshes.

• Cris Palomino said:

So I checked with one of my sculpting groups on FB. The main sculpting tools should only be moving verts; not adding. Multi res, voxel remesh and topology tools will change vert order. Also don't trim or split or merge meshes.

thank you!! 

• Cris Palomino said:

I've bought Nomad Sculpt but I have some problems.. I exported a base G8M obj with resolution base and without eyelashes (as I usually do with Blender). I imported the obj in Nomad (I've previously checked keep topology at import in settings), I made some simple morphs on head and exported as obj. Imported back in Daz Studio with morph Loader pro (reverse Deformation yes - as I usually do with Blender) but geometry did not match and morph loading fails Could you help me please?

menghienrico said:

Cris Palomino said:

I've bought Nomad Sculpt but I have some problems.. I exported a base G8M obj with resolution base and without eyelashes (as I usually do with Blender). I imported the obj in Nomad (I've previously checked keep topology at import in settings), I made some simple morphs on head and exported as obj. Imported back in Daz Studio with morph Loader pro (reverse Deformation yes - as I usually do with Blender) but geometry did not match and morph loading fails Could you help me please?

I will try to get a chance to try this and report. 

Cris Palomino said:

menghienrico said:

Cris Palomino said:

Ok, so I just tried two tests. I used the move brush only. Would be the safest to try. Vert order wrong. Then I decided I should import and export the model without modification. Wrong order. So I'm baffled and will inquire with some people more knowledgeable than me. 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

Cris Palomino said:

Cris Palomino said:

menghienrico said:

Cris Palomino said:

Ok, so I just tried two tests. I used the move brush only. Would be the safest to try. Vert order wrong. Then I decided I should import and export the model without modification. Wrong order. So I'm baffled and will inquire with some people more knowledgeable than me. 

Thanks for trying to find out! I'm also interested in using NomadSculpt for morphs, so will eagely await your findings. 

• Cris Palomino said:

Cris Palomino said:

menghienrico said:

Cris Palomino said:

Thanks! I've also written in Nomad Sculpt's forum 

menghienrico said:

Cris Palomino said:

Cris Palomino said:

menghienrico said:

Cris Palomino said:

Thanks! I've also written in Nomad Sculpt's forum 

Was that your thread to which I responded? 

Ok, so there definitely are vert order issues. Nomad's aware of it, but don't know when it will be resolved at this time. I'll try to post here if and when I hear back on it.

• Cris Palomino said:

Ok, so there definitely are vert order issues. Nomad's aware of it, but don't know when it will be resolved at this time. I'll try to post here if and when I hear back on it.

Thanks Cris. I hope they fix it. Here's the post  https://forum.nomadsculpt.com/t/create-morph-for-daz3d/5439

• Cris Palomino said:

hi! The problem seems to be solved.  
    https://forum.nomadsculpt.com/t/create-morph-for-daz3d/5439

menghienrico said:

Cris Palomino said:

hi! The problem seems to be solved.  
    https://forum.nomadsculpt.com/t/create-morph-for-daz3d/5439

Thanks for letting me know. I'll check my settings and give it a go. 

That worked. Tweaked the settings as suggested and success. Yay!

• Has anyone done this in Nomad successfully lately? I tried following the directions in the forum link shared, and I'm getting a Geometry does not match error. I'm using the latest version of DS and I tried both G8 and G9. I exported both figures at the base resolutions and deleted the eyelashes for G8. I imported into Nomad with Keep Topology checked, made no changes, and then exported it as an obj. I just get errors when I brought it back into Daz.

I have no issues doing the same in Blender. I was able to successfully import both figures into Blender, make a small change, and export back into DS with no errors and made my morph. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong in Nomad. Would like to know if anyone has successfully made any morphs inside Nomad and brought them back into DS.