• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Will this be released soon?

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

Deserts! Thank you Howie, so much!

Looking forward to this.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited January 2022

heartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheartheart

The next to the last one looks like some places on Mars! I love scifi so that would be extra sweet!! yes

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

I have a weakness for the first two myself. They would both make excellent hunting grounds for Archmage Athena's dragon, the indefatigable Cecil. 

Cheers,

Alex.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Excellent!  I will be watching for this!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,873
    edited January 2022

HowieFarkes said:

Well it has been a while since I popped in here... UltraSceneryXT is still in production. I hit a few unexpected hurdles (grumble, grumble, memory leaks, grumble) but seem to overcome most of the issues now. Mostly now creating a library of preset materials and biomes for the initial release and writing the manual. Here's a desert mountain for your eyes.

Hey Howie, 

How large will it allow you to go for the landscape?

Will it accept custom height maps ?

will it allow to keep all vegitation as low poly incase we only want to use it for background shots ?

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582
    edited January 2022

Mattymanx said:

HowieFarkes said:

Well it has been a while since I popped in here... UltraSceneryXT is still in production. I hit a few unexpected hurdles (grumble, grumble, memory leaks, grumble) but seem to overcome most of the issues now. Mostly now creating a library of preset materials and biomes for the initial release and writing the manual. Here's a desert mountain for your eyes.

Hey Howie, 

How large will it allow you to go for the landscape?

Will it accept custom height maps ?

will it allow to keep all vegitation as low poly incase we only want to use it for background shots ?

The maximum terrain resolution is 1024x1024 polygons. You can scale it to whatever size you want but the default is 1000x1000meters.

It will accept custom height maps, initially only 8bit grayscale but later on I will try to figure out 16bit or better.

The vegetation that will be included is all low poly - the conifer trees you see in the renders are about 250 polygons each and Studio seems to pretty easily render 100,000s of them at once. This product is specifically designed for creating backgrounds and doesn't really work as a foreground landscape creator - that's what UltraScenery is for.

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • Sounds like the absolutely perfect complement to US. Just love the thought of being able to create an entire wide vista environment in it. US, with its 64m square core, and DS generally, can feel so myopic when trying to hide the fact it's not a complete world. It'll be like a short sighted person putting glasses on, suddenly the world is bigger and more interesting than ever before. Looking forward to it immensely.

Can I ask is it going to be a plug-in, a script or some combination of the two (eg script & optional accelerator)?

Regards,

Richard.

• richardandtracy said:

Sounds like the absolutely perfect complement to US. Just love the thought of being able to create an entire wide vista environment in it. US, with its 64m square core, and DS generally, can feel so myopic when trying to hide the fact it's not a complete world. It'll be like a short sighted person putting glasses on, suddenly the world is bigger and more interesting than ever before. Looking forward to it immensely.

Can I ask is it going to be a plug-in, a script or some combination of the two (eg script & optional accelerator)?

Regards,

Richard.

This is 100% a plug-in (plus the content which is a combination of DUF and JSON)

edited January 2022

Not sure how many trees are in this scene (many 10s of thousands). Studio was using 5GB during the render.

big mountain done.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Looking better and better - I can barely wait!

• Howie, that 5Gb, was it DS taking 5Gb of system RAM to generate the scene, or the render/iRay taking 5Gb of VRAM? If the former, fantastic that it takes such a small amount of resources. If the latter... I'll probably need a new graphics card or have accept such a fantastic scene will take ages to render in CPU. The results are definitely worth either source of pain. Regards, Richard.
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

richardandtracy said:

Howie, that 5Gb, was it DS taking 5Gb of system RAM to generate the scene, or the render/iRay taking 5Gb of VRAM? If the former, fantastic that it takes such a small amount of resources. If the latter... I'll probably need a new graphics card or have accept such a fantastic scene will take ages to render in CPU. The results are definitely worth either source of pain. Regards, Richard.

Howie uses a Mac I believe, and renders everything on CPU. As such I doubt he was refering to VRAM.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

HowieFarkes said:

Not sure how many trees are in this scene (many 10s of thousands). Studio was using 5GB during the render.

That looks fantastic. Given the scale of it, it is hard to believe that it fitted into one square kilometre..

Okay. Cool. But when?

• Havos said:

HowieFarkes said:

That looks fantastic. Given the scale of it, it is hard to believe that it fitted into one square kilometre..

Well I did a couple of things here. There are 2 terrains in the scene, 1 is 1x1km and the the other is 1.6x1.6km, and also I didn’t use true scale either. The trees have been scaled down to give the impression of greater scale to the scene.

edited January 2022

I’m working towards a late February or early March release date.

And yes I work on a Mac so any time I quote RAM figures it’s entirely how much system RAM Studio is using during a CPU iRay render.

HowieFarkes said:

And yes I work on a Mac so any time I quote RAM figures it’s entirely how much system RAM Studio is using during a CPU iRay render.

Awesome. My yearly bonus is in March so I will be sure to put a Daz budget aside to include your product. 

• HowieFarkes said:

My credit card is waiting in anticipation laughyes 

edited January 2022

Adding more variations to the plants in the biomes now.

autumn mountains preview.png
    1600 x 511 - 1M
    edited January 2022

You need to stop posting this stuff, Howie. I can't handle it!!

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

AnEye4Art said:

You need to stop posting this stuff, Howie. I can't handle it!!

I think that is his intent wink

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

HowieFarkes said:

Adding more variations to the plants in the biomes now.

• The first screenshot made this look like a great addition to Ultra Scenery. Then it quickly ramped up to look like a spectacular tool by itself, with great-looking images that stood by themselves. Then came the sheer variety. But this? This is beauty. Congrats, I don't even know how you will top this, just know that you will.

• There are not many DAZ asset where I think "I absolutely MUST HAVE that one". THIS is one of those assets. Credit card is already on stand-by

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

that is one spectacular looking scenery. WOWZA !!   What is strange, I can see using this to populate small cities and towns too .. Lower hills or vallets with little tiny buildings, etc. 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

Howie will be getting phone calls from James Cameron and Peter Jackson, next!

Cheers,

Alex.