UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• Who needs Terragen? No need to look at it and wonder any more.
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,309

Wow, I can't believe DS can actually DO this! It's so freaking amazing!

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582
    edited January 2022

Have put a lot of work into how different plants are distributed amongst each other - but of course that's all behind the scenes stuff in JSON files. Just pick a preset and go.

mountain foliage.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • Wow. Just... wow. 

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,955
    edited January 2022

This is me seeing all the promo images teasing us, all the while waiting for the product to be released.. laughsmiley

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • MarcCCTxMarcCCTx Posts: 909
    edited January 2022

So, could you put a realistic humanoid figure next to the trees or should they be across the lake / valley? 

Or would you put a standard UltraScenery in the middle?

Post edited by MarcCCTx on
  • MarcCCTx said:

So, could you put a realistic humanoid figure next to the trees or should they be across the lake / valley? 

This product is certainly more suited to backgrounds than foregrounds. For high detailed stuff that you can place a figure next to you would be better off with UltraScenery
  • GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,453

TAKE MY MONEY! TAKE IT!

• GranvilleGranville Posts: 679

Tantalizing!

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

Amazing work. Looking forward to playing in this sandbox. Howie thanks again for your years of service and producing these awesome projects. 
    Looking forward to the Carrara scene conversation project.
    Your work in that space has been exceptionally great and would love to leverage the resources that are already there. I know it's great making the terrains in Carrara and porting to Studio with custom biomes can be a challenge. 
    Awesome job. 

• DogzDogz Posts: 896

Looks fantastic :) I could use this right now actually :)

edited February 2022

So while UltraSceneryXT is absolutely capable of creating standalone landscapes, it's original purpose was to make real 3d backdrops for UltraScenery... a job that it is still pretty good at ;)

aussie road.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
  • Fantastic! Hopefully it'll be in the store before Easter.

• Yeah, that really finishes off open US scenes. Just looks perfect.

Regards,

Richard

• It definitely solves the "end of the world" problem. Now I wonder how hard it would be to have castles, towns, or paths in those background mountains to give characters something to aim for...

*drooling in anticipation*

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

HowieFarkes said:

So while UltraSceneryXT is absolutely capable of creating standalone landscapes, it's original purpose was to make real 3d backdrops for UltraScenery... a job that it is still pretty good at ;)

Holy cow..that is just sooooo hard to believe that is DS. LOL 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

HowieFarkes said:

MarcCCTx said:

This product is certainly more suited to backgrounds than foregrounds. For high detailed stuff that you can place a figure next to you would be better off with UltraScenery

That being said, how resource intensive is it. my 2080ti struggles with ultrascenery,  a clothed figure and a prop or two so there isn't much resource room left for more to be added.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

FSMCDesigns said:

HowieFarkes said:

MarcCCTx said:

That being said, how resource intensive is it. my 2080ti struggles with ultrascenery,  a clothed figure and a prop or two so there isn't much resource room left for more to be added.

Are you remembering to set the optimisation to memory? Despite the mind boggling number of instances (ie hundreds of thousands) of an Ultra Scenery scene I have not found it to be a massive resource hog, and perhaps eats up 20-25% or so of the memory on my 1080Ti. I have rendered Ultra Scenery scenes with around 10 Genesis 8 figures, plus props. Note that the figures were optimised, ie only Sub-D 2 and textures reduced to 2K.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

oh geez wiz .. i just wet my pants. No more Vue. Speaking of Terradome, is it my imagination but was it more effective in Poser? The material resolution just doesn;t look right in DS to me. 

edited February 2022

In the thick of putting together a lot of presets at the moment, getting ready for imminent uploading.

USX Preset 18 Redrock.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    USX Preset 12 Lightning Ridge.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
    USX Preset 17 Lakeland.png
    1024 x 1024 - 2M
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

Howie, you're ruining the carpet in my den. Every time you post another set of examples I start drooling again . . .

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited February 2022

I'm filing a complaint against this guy for refusing to stop the torture that he's causing on me and on my wallet!!

Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

HowieFarkes said:

In the thick of putting together a lot of presets at the moment, getting ready for imminent uploading.

Just gorgeous :)

• HowieFarkes said:

I love this render!

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,309

DoctorJellybean said:

HowieFarkes said:

I love this render!

Absolutely agreed, this looks so real and so, so beautiful! 

• Howie, it looks like you keep posting your vacation pictures on this thread? Is that intentional? :P

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

tsroemi said:

DoctorJellybean said:

HowieFarkes said:

I love this render!

My personal favourite is the third one. Lots of trees, some rocks, some snow and a lovely big lake. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

tsroemi said:

DoctorJellybean said:

HowieFarkes said:

I love this render!

My personal favourite is the third one. Lots of trees, some rocks, some snow and a lovely big lake. 

Cheers,

Alex. 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

alexhcowley said:

tsroemi said:

DoctorJellybean said:

HowieFarkes said:

I love this render!

Cheers,

Alex. 

you can say that again. 

• This is a must buy