UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• In my cart... as soon as... well you know ;-)

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

JAW DROP... Hello!

Amazing work.

• 1) This is absolutely gorgeous, I love it, and my wallet is crying.

2) If you ever release presets for cultivated land, like a vineyard or fields of wheat (especially green wheat--it's gorgeous), you'll have at the very least one ecstatically happy costumer.

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732
    edited February 2022

This will definately come in handy with Howie's new terrain. Check out mcjDroneCam video 

USC0.jpg
    600 x 337 - 229K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • Indeed. Looks interesting. Where can one find mcjDroneCam?

• Tugpsx said:

This will definately come in handy with Howie's new terrain. Check out mcjDroneCam video 

Log-in to watch.. ER, Nope. Not doing that.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

I didn't have to log in to watch it.

• I do, screen shot attached.

Screenshot_2022-02-14-21-39-41-823.jpeg
    800 x 1280 - 206K
  • richardandtracy said:

I do, screen shot attached.

Yes, I get the same.

edited February 2022

Ok try this one on Ytube 

USC0.jpg
    600 x 337 - 229K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
    edited February 2022

More mcjDronecam Footage. Better frame rate with extra footage.

USG0.jpg
    600 x 337 - 220K
    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Tugpsx said:

More mcjDronecam Footage. Better frame rate with extra footage.

This isn't footage of UltraSceneyXT, which hasn't even been released yet. This should be in the UltraScenery commercial thread to avoid confusion.

Noted. Thanks will post follow up there in the future. 

Tugpsx said:

Noted. Thanks will post follow up there in the future. 

I think more people will see it there, because the thread has a lot of followers and active UltraScenery users.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,363

well, after my HD crashola, I need to reinstall all my US stuff ...again. maybe the XT will be out by then

daveso said:

well, after my HD crashola, I need to reinstall all my US stuff ...again. maybe the XT will be out by then

Be sure to install with DIM only.

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582
    edited March 2022

UltraScenryXt is working its way through Daz testing and marketing now so... soon?

Until then here is another scene I put together with UltraSceneryXT also using some of Stonemason's clouds, a castle set by LaurieS, and some 4.20 Atmospheric Ground Fog.

lakeside clouds castle.png
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

HowieFarkes said:

UltraScenryXt is working its way through Daz testing and marketing now so... soon?

Until then here is another scene I put together with UltraSceneryXT also using some of Stonemason's clouds, a castle set by LaurieS, and some 4.20 Atmospheric Ground Fog.

surpriseheart 

Wow that is fabulous!

• That is utterly fabulous. A completely genius idea and spectacular implementation.
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

@HowieFarkes,

Awesome stuff. I particularly like the mixture of colours and textures in the trees. 

My credit card is now on full combat alert.

Cheers,

Alex.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

barbult said:

daveso said:

Be sure to install with DIM only.

With one exception, manual install will also work. The exception is the accelerator, which must be installed using DIM.  The manual installer for the accelerator includes the content directory files but leaves out the program itself!

Cheers,

Alex. 

• AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702

Awesome. I am currently importing terrain meshes from WorldCreator 3 into daz and so far it is great. It'll be interesting to see what is possible when WC3 in used with this product.

I am so looking to fly the dronecam through one of these scenes. Wonder what the polygon count is on these and how well Daz handles them.

Guess we will find out soon.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,018

@Howie: I don't think I ever saw an answer to the question about resource intensiveness of this plug-in. What kind of rig is necessary for this to run without the computer freezing up or choking?

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582

mcorr said:

@Howie: I don't think I ever saw an answer to the question about resource intensiveness of this plug-in. What kind of rig is necessary for this to run without the computer freezing up or choking?

I'll say what I always say - I develop and render on an iMac so haven't ever used GPU rendering. A simple scene with no plants will be very fast, a complex scene with a dense forest and very wide view will take more resources. Where anyone's computer reaches its limit I cannot tell.
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Credit card out and ready...

Looking forward to the UltraSceneryXT launch in April. I say that based on Daz love for tying in with April showers for May flowers (Spring) theme.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

This may have already been answered already, but can this product be used for making islands and coastlines? I have been looking for something that can do this for scenes based on the ocean

• Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

It's out and in my cart...