Morphing Swimming Pool

I wanted to ask Poser users if they know of a morphing pool or inverted space creator. I am designing structures & pools and need to create unique and irregular shapes. Since I am doing custom work I need it to run in Poser not DAZ because I have an extensive library of outdoor props to inocrporate into the builds. I'm looking to make rounded edge and angular pools.

Thanks in advance!  

Comments

• I don't know of a product like that, although it would be relatively simple to create something that offers a choice of preset shapes. I'm not clear if you need more felxibility than that, though? Morphing props are no substitute for a modelling application in that case.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

displacement map?

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

English Bob said:

I don't know of a product like that, although it would be relatively simple to create something that offers a choice of preset shapes. I'm not clear if you need more felxibility than that, though? Morphing props are no substitute for a modelling application in that case.

For a pool it would probably work better to have modular pieces to assemble into the the desired shape.

• mickster13mickster13 Posts: 7
    edited February 2022

thanks, yeah modern pool designs are angular and no longer rounded, but there's the occassional kidney shape or similar, once I get the cavity created I can dress it up with objects and other elements, I'm looking for something quick and easy to use because this business has a quick turnaround

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • KainjyKainjy Posts: 740

If you make a morph you have a texture issue: the morph stretch the texture (bacause shape is changed while UV no) so you should not use textures. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited February 2022

Kainjy said:

If you make a morph you have a texture issue: the morph stretch the texture (bacause shape is changed while UV no) so you should not use textures. 

Not to mention if you were to add a morph to change the shape then what happens to the outer structures like the surrounding dry areas.   

I think Ascania idea is a really good one! 

Post edited by RAMWolff on