UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Already bought :P

• metasidemetaside Posts: 175
    edited March 2022

Obviously haven't tested it much yet, but wow, this is so FAST with regard to both generation and rendering, I can't believe it. Really nice work! :D Only downside is that it's not animated (compared to doing something like this in UE, for instance), but for that scale it doesn't matter as much as for the normal UltraScenery - and for images, absolutely top! yes

Post edited by metaside on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Can't see the trees in iray Preview, only in render. Is this planed?

• Sooo... I seem to be missing something. Purchased, and installed via DIM, the directory shows up right next to Ultrascenery but there are only supporting folders, Materials, Plants, etc. but nothing to actually run like Ultrascenery has in its root. I tried loading a preset, thinking it might trigger USXT to pop up - nothing. I even ran Ultrascenery and looked for XT elements in that but nothing. What am I missing?  I uninstalled USXT, shut down DAZ and reinstalled USXT then restarted DAZ - still nothing. 

USXT shows up in 'Installed Plugins' with a green plug.

DAZ Studio v4.20.0.6 Pro Edition and my computer hardware is well within spec. The original Ultrascenery runs fine.

Any ideas?

• HowieFarkesHowieFarkes Posts: 582

Lothar Weber said:

Can't see the trees in iray Preview, only in render. Is this planed?

Yes, the instances are generated when you start a render. 100,000 trees in preview mode would kill Studio dead.
    edited March 2022

Gogger said:

Sooo... I seem to be missing something. Purchased, and installed via DIM, the directory shows up right next to Ultrascenery but there are only supporting folders, Materials, Plants, etc. but nothing to actually run like Ultrascenery has in its root. I tried loading a preset, thinking it might trigger USXT to pop up - nothing. I even ran Ultrascenery and looked for XT elements in that but nothing. What am I missing?  I uninstalled USXT, shut down DAZ and reinstalled USXT then restarted DAZ - still nothing. 

DAZ Studio v4.20.0.6 Pro Edition and my computer hardware is well within spec. The original Ultrascenery runs fine.

Any ideas?

Just add the new USC Pane with Window/Panes... There you could a new Eco System. 

Post edited by Lothar Weber on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

I wasn't planning to buy it, because I've already spent so much in March Madness, mainly on grab bag items, so I was really hesitant to buy a single item this expensive (not saying that the price isn't more than justified).

Then I thought "eh", and bought it.

edited March 2022

Gogger said:

Sooo... I seem to be missing something. Purchased, and installed via DIM, the directory shows up right next to Ultrascenery but there are only supporting folders, Materials, Plants, etc. but nothing to actually run like Ultrascenery has in its root. I tried loading a preset, thinking it might trigger USXT to pop up - nothing. I even ran Ultrascenery and looked for XT elements in that but nothing. What am I missing?  I uninstalled USXT, shut down DAZ and reinstalled USXT then restarted DAZ - still nothing. 

Any ideas?

Go to Window -> Panes (Tabs) -> UltraSceneryXT from the Studio menu bar to open the UI

Post edited by HowieFarkes on
  • HowieFarkes said:

Gogger said:

Any ideas?

Go to Window -> Panes (Tabs) -> UltraSceneryXT from the Studio menu bar to open the UI

Excellent - thanks, that's got it. So, uh, I normally can figure stuff out, or at least not get helplessly lost. Was how to launch USXT super obvious to everyone else but me? Did I miss some documentation some where? Regardless, I am happily rendering my little heart out right now!
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

Gogger said:

HowieFarkes said:

Gogger said:

Any ideas?

Was how to launch USXT super obvious to everyone else but me? Did I miss some documentation some where?

I'll let you know when it's finished installing. 

Now we need to figure out how to combine this with USC...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited March 2022

Gogger said:

HowieFarkes said:

Gogger said:

Any ideas?

Excellent - thanks, that's got it. So, uh, I normally can figure stuff out, or at least not get helplessly lost. Was how to launch USXT super obvious to everyone else but me? Did I miss some documentation some where? Regardless, I am happily rendering my little heart out right now!

There's documentation in PDF form. UltraSceneryXT Reference Guide.pdf in the ReadMe's folder.

Post edited by barbult on
  • goggerfett@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 2,291
    edited March 2022

Thanks, @barbult I'll have to dig that out.

Meanwhile, here's a first render - mostly like a monkey at a keyboard, pressing buttons until something happens. <LOL>

005a_USXT_DS.jpg
    3440 x 1440 - 2M
    Post edited by [email protected] on
  • 3DMinh3DMinh Posts: 218

Hi,

I have all the Ultrascenery products, and this new one is tempting. However I do own Terragen, which I use to make HDRI of the background. How is this product compared to Terragen?

Thank you very much, 

Minh

• hi Howie...this was an instbuy when I saw 3delight material presets but now it's installed I see none. Was it just a mistake on Daz's side? Or are there 3dl mats I haven't found?

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,309

The fastest entry into the shopping cart ever!  This solves my current major existential problem: how to keep myself entertained tomorrow. 

Cheers,

Alex.

lorraineopua said:

hi Howie...this was an instbuy when I saw 3delight material presets but now it's installed I see none. Was it just a mistake on Daz's side? Or are there 3dl mats I haven't found?

Must be a Daz error as there are no 3dl mats in this product.
  • lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 589
    edited March 2022

HowieFarkes said:

lorraineopua said:

hi Howie...this was an instbuy when I saw 3delight material presets but now it's installed I see none. Was it just a mistake on Daz's side? Or are there 3dl mats I haven't found?

Must be a Daz error as there are no 3dl mats in this product.

Saddest of sad faces, quickest purchase and quickest return in my Daz history crying  This is the product page.

ultrascenery.PNG
    1450 x 815 - 40K
    Post edited by lorraineopua on
  • AnEye4ArtAnEye4Art Posts: 702
    edited March 2022

This new product is great because I can now use world creator and daz together effectively; I can import the heightmap from WC as seen in the picture, but I want to apply the color map from WC to the terrain in daz. Is there a way to do this in UltraSceneryXT or should I try it with L.I.E? It will be awesome once I get this to work.

Daz.JPG
    2034 x 919 - 133K
    WC.JPG
    2546 x 1012 - 219K
    Colormap_0.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 6M
    Heightmap_4096x4096.jpg
    4096 x 4096 - 1M
    Post edited by AnEye4Art on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
    edited March 2022

I wonder if I can ask for some advice. There are 5 files on the download page. I'm running Win7 and can only do manual download due to the machine being internet expired and Install Manager doesn't work on an Android Tablet (my internet machine). Three of the files are available for manual download:

1. 4924_UltraSceneryXTforDAZStudio45Mac64bit_1.0.0.16_ds.zip
    2. 84924_UltraSceneryXTforDAZStudio45Win64bit_1.0.0.16_ds.exe
    3. IM00084924-01_UltraSceneryXTExpansiveLandscapeSystem.zip

Item 1 is Mac only, so, can I ask are 2 & 3 the complete installation, or will I need to ask customer support help to download the file below like I did with the US accelerator?

• IM00084924-02_UltraSceneryXTforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip 

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards,

Richard 

Post edited by richardandtracy on

richardandtracy said:

I wonder if I can ask for some advice. There are 5 files on the download page. I'm running Win7 and can only do manual download due to the machine being internet expired and Install Manager doesn't work on an Android Tablet (my internet machine). Three of the files are available for manual download:

1. 4924_UltraSceneryXTforDAZStudio45Mac64bit_1.0.0.16_ds.zip
    2. 84924_UltraSceneryXTforDAZStudio45Win64bit_1.0.0.16_ds.exe
    3. IM00084924-01_UltraSceneryXTExpansiveLandscapeSystem.zip

Item 1 is Mac only, so, can I ask are 2 & 3 the complete installation, or will I need to ask customer support help to download the file below like I did with the US accelerator?

• IM00084924-02_UltraSceneryXTforDAZStudio45Win64bit.zip 

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards,

Richard 

My guess would be that 1 and 3 are for Mac users and 2 and 3 are for Windows.

Cheers,

Alex. 

edited March 2022

My guess would be that 1 and 2 are the plugin for their respective OS and 3 is the Content Library files which would be the same for both Mac and Windows. So I agree with Alex.

Edit: It looks like some of the leading letters/numbers are missing from your description of 1 and 2, though.

Post edited by barbult on
  • There are no missing initial letters or numbers, that's how it is in the download page.

But thanks, you have confirmed that it should work when I get it on my Win7 machine. Thankyou.

Regards,

Richard

Screenshot.png
    575 x 294 - 39K

There are no missing initial letters or numbers, that's how it is in the download page.

But thanks, you have confirmed that it should work when I get it on my Win7 machine. Thankyou.

Regards,

Richard

I guess your description dropped only the leading 8 from the Mac filename.
    edited March 2022

I decided I couldn't wait until tomorrow so I have just installed USXT on my Windows 10 set up box, running DS 4.15. The only problem I had was that both Windows 10 and my Trend Micro antivirus decided that the installer was malware and took some persuading otherwise!

As you would expect from Howie, the USXT tab is well laid out and takes you gently through the various stages of the scene creation process.

The manual  is very good with one qualification.  The screen shots are done using the darkside style which makes them somewhat difficult to read for those of us with elderly eyes. The highway style has much more contrast and is much easier to read. 

Cheers,

Alex.

Post edited by alexhcowley on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

I have the product in my cart, but I have a question about what system requirements is needed. I tried to open the original UltraScenery on my new MacBook Pro M1 and it crashed. It is a 16gb memory. But I have found I can't run it on my 32gb Win 10 laptop either. Only my 64gb Win 10 desktop has been able to run the program without issues. 

I noticed that there is no specific Apple/Mac version of the original UltraScenery, so does it work on a regular Mac that is not using a interface to fake being a Windows computer?

Should both of these programs work on 16gb, 32gb computers?

I will still purchase, just want to know before I attempt to download something on a computer that can't use it.

Thanks

memcneil70 said:

I have the product in my cart, but I have a question about what system requirements is needed. I tried to open the original UltraScenery on my new MacBook Pro M1 and it crashed. It is a 16gb memory. But I have found I can't run it on my 32gb Win 10 laptop either. Only my 64gb Win 10 desktop has been able to run the program without issues. 

I noticed that there is no specific Apple/Mac version of the original UltraScenery, so does it work on a regular Mac that is not using a interface to fake being a Windows computer?

I will still purchase, just want to know before I attempt to download something on a computer that can't use it.

Thanks

Mary,

Are you sure memory is an issue here?  My set up box has 32GB of memory and runs Windows 10. It seemed to handle USXT without any problems. Did you have any other memory hogs running at the same time?

Cheers,

Alex. 

Other than Windows? Nope, generally shut everything off. And I am not sure if it was before accelarator was released or not. It doesn't crash anything, just doesn't do anything.

On the Mac, I 'may' have had DIM open, it had had an issue and I was testing something, fixed that, have to leave my firewall open for it to download anything, or it crashes. But, the minuie I clicked on the icon for UltraScenery D|S crashes and gave me a report. I sent it to Tech Support. They first asked about the settings memory, Iray preview... all things I go for my normal default that plays nice with UltraScenery. They also mentioned the instances. With 16gb, that might be an issue, but I can't see it causing it to crash just on opening.

But with a Mac version of this program, I was hoping it my work. But the instances may be too much. 

• JackReasonJackReason Posts: 144

memcneil70 said:

Thanks

My computer...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2013)

Processor 3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I can run the original Ultrascenery just fine. I just purchased the UltrasceneryXT, and it works too.

Thanks, so something is up. I just downloaded the new Beta, and will open it and see if it can open US.