[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

Comments

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871

Just read product PDF. Very helpful!
    Modifying constants to *U worked instant.  Nice.

Ran the initial scan on my G8F and had 11.7k morphs for main figure.  
    So nice that G8F Pose directory scanned too!

Have morphs across 5 different directories including different drives and all there! Awesome!
    So when I get this all sorted it will help alot!  And will post results. May be a bit for me.

Note: my CG8 morphs show as normal or known, and i use DIM too. (see screenshot)
    So fyi, no corruption here and this was with a content move (not fresh install) from Win7 to current Win10.

That said have to be a pain again.

Do have a question about geografts attached (parented/fitted children) to G8F (or even clothes).  
    Wasn't optimistic but did run script again (inspect) on parented Geograft figure itself.  Just shows morphs for base figure.

Would it be possible for me to add geograft node names to constants file?  Code as female, somehow, so dse(encrypted) still functions?  
    Just want the geograft morphs scanned too.  Tall order maybe?

Still very happy about base figure being done this way.  
    But would love to add geografts for one solution (vs different solutions).  
    Realize geografts are still less utilized ATM, so probably out of scope for this product.
    But if there is an easy way to modify and me test, am happy to do and see.

show CJ8 and Star- U for Unknown.JPG
    969 x 778 - 162K
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

G8F before TL: 2 min 56 sec

G8F after TL: 28 sec   (All morphs off)

14008 Morphs found by TL

450 Characters

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Xornfl said:

pctech4ny said:

Minimum DAZ Studio scripting version required?

For those of us who are leery of recent DS updates, what is the minimum version of DAZ Studio this script will work with?

(Basically what version did you create it with.)

Thank you.

Bought and tested on daz 4.16 pure gold

Thanks for sharing @Xornfl!

edited March 2022

Saxa -- SD said:

Just read product PDF. Very helpful!

Glad you like the manual!  I work hard on them, but they are not a visible feature. (and based on some forum questions, too many people do not read the manual! laugh

Modifying constants to *U worked instant.  Nice.

Great! smiley

Ran the initial scan on my G8F and had 11.7k morphs for main figure.  
    So nice that G8F Pose directory scanned too!

Have morphs across 5 different directories including different drives and all there! Awesome!
    So when I get this all sorted it will help alot!  And will post results. May be a bit for me.

Note: my CG8 morphs show as normal or known, and i use DIM too. (see screenshot)
    So fyi, no corruption here and this was with a content move (not fresh install) from Win7 to current Win10.

That said have to be a pain again.

Do have a question about geografts attached (parented/fitted children) to G8F (or even clothes).  
    Wasn't optimistic but did run script again (inspect) on parented Geograft figure itself.  Just shows morphs for base figure.

Would it be possible for me to add geograft node names to constants file?  Code as female, somehow, so dse(encrypted) still functions?  
    Just want the geograft morphs scanned too.  Tall order maybe?

I don't think this is going to work.  I would have to figure out even how DS reports geografts.  

Still very happy about base figure being done this way.  
    But would love to add geografts for one solution (vs different solutions).  
    Realize geografts are still less utilized ATM, so probably out of scope for this product.
    But if there is an easy way to modify and me test, am happy to do and see.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Daventaki said:

G8F before TL: 2 min 56 sec

G8F after TL: 28 sec   (All morphs off)

14008 Morphs found by TL

450 Characters

Sweet!  Thank you for sharing your results!  So 6.28x faster. 

edited March 2022

I have just posted the announcement of Turbo Loader for G3: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/559156/coming-soon-turbo-loader-for-genesis-3-commercial

General Question: Does anyone have so many morphs for G2 or Genesis that this type of product will help them?  I started using DS late so it doesn't help me much.  I will probably make products for both of those versions just in case, but I was curious about who might want it.  (BTW, G2 and Genesis versions will be delayed some.  I am rewriting some of Turbo Loader to support a planned feature for Turbo Loader Booster Utilities (a planned product that has some cool features, which I cannot tell you about yet cheeky)

• Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 871
    edited March 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

I don't think this is going to work.  I would have to figure out even how DS reports geografts. 

Just real quick, as don't want to detract from your awesome product debut >> 4.16.1.43Beta DS-Log shows geografts as followers like eye-lashes, or any outfit.

Helpful with syntax?

Same 6 lines for each parented item, including geografts, just a different name as expected:

2022-03-26 17:00:05.904 [INFO] :: Start following: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-03-26 17:00:05.905 [INFO] :: Following started: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-03-26 17:00:05.905 [INFO] :: Connect base morphs: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-03-26 17:00:05.912 [INFO] :: Creating morph projection map: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-03-26 17:00:05.959 [INFO] :: Base morphs connected: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-03-26 17:00:05.959 [INFO] :: Creating morph projection map: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes

Will check in on this thread from time to time to see if any "Eureeka - it's easy" moment pops for you. Might get lucky lol?

Will report back when I get this more organized.  Again, happy to have this. smiley

Edit: And yes manual pdf was critical. So thanks too for this great addition!

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on

Saxa -- SD said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Just real quick, as don't want to detract from your awesome product debut >> 4.16.1.43Beta DS-Log shows geografts as followers like eye-lashes, or any outfit.

Helpful with syntax?

Same 6 lines for each parented item, including geografts, just a different name as expected:

2022-03-26 17:00:05.904 [INFO] :: Start following: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-03-26 17:00:05.905 [INFO] :: Following started: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-03-26 17:00:05.905 [INFO] :: Connect base morphs: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-03-26 17:00:05.912 [INFO] :: Creating morph projection map: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-03-26 17:00:05.959 [INFO] :: Base morphs connected: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-03-26 17:00:05.959 [INFO] :: Creating morph projection map: G8F-Placeholder << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes

Will check in on this thread from time to time to see if any "Eureeka - it's easy" moment pops for you. Might get lucky lol?

Thanks for the information.

Will report back when I get this more organized.  Again, happy to have this. smiley

Edit: And yes manual pdf was critical. So thanks too for this great addition!

laugh  I am happy you like the product AND the manual!

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Anyone try it with 4.12?

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

RiverSoftArt said:

General Question: Does anyone have so many morphs for G2 or Genesis that this type of product will help them?

In one of my original projects, I use plenty of G2 characters and I had to put that project on hold because due to load times, it was simply impossible to continue creating the amount of graphics that was needed. With that said, I haven't tried this product yet. To be frank, I'm afraid to even start Daz Studio these days because I know I'm in for a huge wait time, and that takes the fun out of everything. So if Turbo Loader works as it's said to work, then it could be a huge life saver. And yeah, previous generations are an issue as well for me. (G2 and G3—I joined during the G2 times, have little from before then.)

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 740

RiverSoftArt said:

Glad you like the manual!  I work hard on them, but they are not a visible feature. (and based on some forum questions, too many people do not read the manual! laugh

I'm just working through it, however I had to add a custom action myself to the "Turbo Loader" sub-menu that the install script adds to  "Scripts"; if you want to people to read it (and it is essential) then put a custom action into the sub-menu along with the otherwise undocumented script entries.

• firewardenfirewarden Posts: 1,454

Cool. Sounds like it will let me leave everything installed and play nice with MetaMixer also, if I decide to work with it more. And an awesome way to speed up regular loading for sure. Thank you!

RiverSoftArt said:

firewarden said:

I was experimenting with MetaMixer and couldn't get it to load because I had so many products. I ended up deinstalling over 800 Gen8 characters and morph sets so that I could work with MetaMixer a bit. If I reinstall all my Genesis 8 content and use Turbo Loader to deactivate the morphs, will that affect MetaMixer if I decide to use it?

ETA: My questions are:

Will MetaMixer still load quickly or will it grab all morphs and become unusable?
    Can I tell MetaMixer somehow with Turbo Loader not to load all morphs?

Just curious. I didn't have much luck with MetaMixer working correctly, and I'm not sure I'll try to use it again. But if I decide to, I would like to know if Turbo Loader will circumvent the problem of MetaMixer grabbing every morph in the known universe and trying to load it.

Sorry. I have never even tried MetaMixer.  However, if it is trying to grab morph files then Turbo Loader will definitely hide them from it.

Ati said:

RiverSoftArt said:

General Question: Does anyone have so many morphs for G2 or Genesis that this type of product will help them?

In one of my original projects, I use plenty of G2 characters and I had to put that project on hold because due to load times, it was simply impossible to continue creating the amount of graphics that was needed. With that said, I haven't tried this product yet. To be frank, I'm afraid to even start Daz Studio these days because I know I'm in for a huge wait time, and that takes the fun out of everything. So if Turbo Loader works as it's said to work, then it could be a huge life saver. And yeah, previous generations are an issue as well for me. (G2 and G3—I joined during the G2 times, have little from before then.)

Thanks for the input!

jbowler said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I'm just working through it, however I had to add a custom action myself to the "Turbo Loader" sub-menu that the install script adds to  "Scripts"; if you want to people to read it (and it is essential) then put a custom action into the sub-menu along with the otherwise undocumented script entries.

I have always deliberately left it off to not clutter up the menus, but maybe I should give you all the option smiley

firewarden said:

Cool. Sounds like it will let me leave everything installed and play nice with MetaMixer also, if I decide to work with it more. And an awesome way to speed up regular loading for sure. Thank you!

You're welcome!  Please report back if you try it to share with others.

RiverSoftArt said:

firewarden said:

I was experimenting with MetaMixer and couldn't get it to load because I had so many products. I ended up deinstalling over 800 Gen8 characters and morph sets so that I could work with MetaMixer a bit. If I reinstall all my Genesis 8 content and use Turbo Loader to deactivate the morphs, will that affect MetaMixer if I decide to use it?

ETA: My questions are:

Will MetaMixer still load quickly or will it grab all morphs and become unusable?
    Can I tell MetaMixer somehow with Turbo Loader not to load all morphs?

Just curious. I didn't have much luck with MetaMixer working correctly, and I'm not sure I'll try to use it again. But if I decide to, I would like to know if Turbo Loader will circumvent the problem of MetaMixer grabbing every morph in the known universe and trying to load it.

Sorry. I have never even tried MetaMixer.  However, if it is trying to grab morph files then Turbo Loader will definitely hide them from it.

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Does Turbo Loader install / deinstall properly? As in can I safely bring everything back to what it was?

I am thinking of buying it, seems like a neat tool.

• edited March 2022

Someething I thought about: how does Turbo handle geografts? Say I load a g8f and give her a geograft with morphs in it and run the TL process on this. Will it include these morphs in the big list?

Scratch that... I hadn't seen the post above.

Post edited by second_technician_rimmer_9571136c47 on
  • evacynevacyn Posts: 950

Is there any chance that the morph filter on the 'Turbo Loader Manager' window would allow us to search by artist or even the folder name in the path? 

I'm finding it easy to filter when there's an artist like SASE (who includes the name in the character filename) or anything with pose/expression, but I also have A LOT of characters by specific artists that don't have a unique identifier besides the path (which includes the artist name).

Paintbox said:

Does Turbo Loader install / deinstall properly? As in can I safely bring everything back to what it was?

I am thinking of buying it, seems like a neat tool.

If you want to UNINSTALL Turbo Loader, you need to ENABLE all morphs beforehand.  There is also a button in the options menu which will reset any morph filenames in a directory and its subdirectories to the proper .dsf extension (so it is unaffected with whether you changed your morph list or not).  So it is completely safe (unless your HD fills up so much you cannot even update the file directory table (i.e., you cannot rename files), in which case you have other problems.

evacyn said:

Is there any chance that the morph filter on the 'Turbo Loader Manager' window would allow us to search by artist or even the folder name in the path? 

I'm finding it easy to filter when there's an artist like SASE (who includes the name in the character filename) or anything with pose/expression, but I also have A LOT of characters by specific artists that don't have a unique identifier besides the path (which includes the artist name).

Not right now obviously, but I will think how I might add that.

• evacynevacyn Posts: 950

RiverSoftArt said:

evacyn said:

Awesome - thank you :) I have almost 30K morphs (!) so it's been a bit of a slog to get through them all, but it's definitely eye-opening to see what's been slowing my G8 down. I'll post some speed tests once I get through them all - I'm only on the "K" morphs now (!).

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

Hello,

Can you clarify the process around opening previously saved scenes and scene subsets? If I run Turbo Loader and disable all of the morphs, when I open a previously saved scene or scene subset, is this the process I would need to follow?

1. An error message will show me what morphs are missing and I would then need to re-enable those morphs and re-open the scene.

2. At that point I can save a configuration file which can be run the next time I want to open the scene.

3. The next time I want to open that scene I run the configuration file first and then open the scene.

Is this all correct?

Thanks.

nabob21

• Hey @RiverSoftArt guess I know the answer already but just to make sure:

I currently manage load times manually by having two runtimes/folder structures.
    1) Regular
    2) With just the data/DAZ 3D/genesis...

I manually move all stuff I do not currently need back and forth to keep things fluid. Guess I need to copy everything back and start with Turbo Loader from there, right?

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

pctech4ny said:

Minimum DAZ Studio scripting version required?

For those of us who are leery of recent DS updates, what is the minimum version of DAZ Studio this script will work with?

(Basically what version did you create it with.)

Thank you.

I have tested it on DS 4.15.0.30, 4.16.0.3 and 4.16.0.20, Win10, macOS 12, 11, and 10.15 (Monterey, BigSur, Catalina) and the scripts behave identical in all versions, on all systems

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Hey @RiverSoftArt guess I know the answer already but just to make sure:

I currently manage load times manually by having two runtimes/folder structures.
    1) Regular

I manually move all stuff I do not currently need back and forth to keep things fluid. Guess I need to copy everything back and start with Turbo Loader from there, right?

Actually, you do not. I have tested TurboLoader with various content directories simultaniously. For testing, I had 10 Daz characters installed, each one in a seperate directory. I have then added the directories to the CMS paths. TurboLoader did find all the characters without any issues. 

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 740
    edited March 2022

There's an error in the manual; the extension used is .tlOff, with a capital O, not .tloff with a lower case o.

I don't understand the stuff about "Genesis 8 Essentials"; the first time I tried to run the script using just a G8F Basic I couldn't see such a product, indeed almost everything was marked "PRODUCT UNKNOWN":

I disabled everything, then I get stuck with a missing files:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesLengthLower.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf

The files exist:

jbowler@Jule:/mnt/g/DAZ 3D/Studio> ls *'/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesCurl.'*
    Core/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesCurl.tlOff

But "expand all" in the dialog then filtering for, e.g. PHMEyelashesCurl shows nothing; it sort-of looks like the filter is only running on the "name" column, but "missing files" is giving me the link name and I can find no way of getting back from that to the item in the list which contains that .dsf - I'm sure it is there somewhere (I verified that the tlOff gets renamed if I enable everything) but it's a window with 18000+ entries and they can't be searched or sorted (clicking on the "File" column seems to sort on the "Name" column...)

I reran the script and found that even though I'd disabled everything there were lots of morphs still enabled and, after a while, I discovered that I had to run the script on the eyelashes (which load with G8F basic) as well as the base actor; disabling all the morphs for the eyelashes removed the remaining morphs for the base figure.  So it looks like the script is only going one way, somehow (i.e. eyelashes can force morphs back onto the figure, something like that?)

I do have "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" in Smart Content/Products and Anatomy/External contains Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes.  Indeed, so far as I am aware I have a completely working CMS installation (done from DIM, Content Wizard and some rendero manual).

squareish.png
    1167 x 943 - 145K
    Post edited by jbowler on

evacyn said:

RiverSoftArt said:

evacyn said:

Awesome - thank you :) I have almost 30K morphs (!) so it's been a bit of a slog to get through them all, but it's definitely eye-opening to see what's been slowing my G8 down. I'll post some speed tests once I get through them all - I'm only on the "K" morphs now (!).

Wow!  30K?!?  I had a lot with 20K.  I will be interested in your speed comparisons

nabob21 said:

Hello,

Can you clarify the process around opening previously saved scenes and scene subsets? If I run Turbo Loader and disable all of the morphs, when I open a previously saved scene or scene subset, is this the process I would need to follow?

1. An error message will show me what morphs are missing and I would then need to re-enable those morphs and re-open the scene.

2. At that point I can save a configuration file which can be run the next time I want to open the scene.

3. The next time I want to open that scene I run the configuration file first and then open the scene.

Is this all correct?

Thanks.

nabob21

Yes, that would be correct.

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Hey @RiverSoftArt guess I know the answer already but just to make sure:

1) Regular

Actually, you do not. I have tested TurboLoader with various content directories simultaniously. For testing, I had 10 Daz characters installed, each one in a seperate directory. I have then added the directories to the CMS paths. TurboLoader did find all the characters without any issues. 

I am not sure.  The statement that you "move all stuff I do not currently need back and forth to keep things fluid" indicates that DS cannot see stuff when you put them in the other directory?  If DS cannot see the morphs, TL won't either.   

edited March 2022

jbowler said:

There's an error in the manual; the extension used is .tlOff, with a capital O, not .tloff with a lower case o.

Sorry about the error.

I don't understand the stuff about "Genesis 8 Essentials"; the first time I tried to run the script using just a G8F Basic I couldn't see such a product, indeed almost everything was marked "PRODUCT UNKNOWN":

I disabled everything, then I get stuck with a missing files:

/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesLengthLower.dsf
    /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf

The files exist:

jbowler@Jule:/mnt/g/DAZ 3D/Studio> ls *'/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesCurl.'*
    Core/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesCurl.tlOff

The script queries the DS database for products associated with a file.  It looks like for your installation, that DS is not reporting things correctly.  It happens with some people's installations and I don't know why; it is outside the script's control.

But "expand all" in the dialog then filtering for, e.g. PHMEyelashesCurl shows nothing; it sort-of looks like the filter is only running on the "name" column, but "missing files" is giving me the link name and I can find no way of getting back from that to the item in the list which contains that .dsf - I'm sure it is there somewhere (I verified that the tlOff gets renamed if I enable everything) but it's a window with 18000+ entries and they can't be searched or sorted (clicking on the "File" column seems to sort on the "Name" column...)

Yes, the filter is on the name column.  You could type the whole name in the filter and then only those morphs exactly named "Eyelashes Curl" (or whatever it is) will show up.  Then enable those morphs.

I reran the script and found that even though I'd disabled everything there were lots of morphs still enabled and, after a while, I discovered that I had to run the script on the eyelashes (which load with G8F basic) as well as the base actor; disabling all the morphs for the eyelashes removed the remaining morphs for the base figure.  So it looks like the script is only going one way, somehow (i.e. eyelashes can force morphs back onto the figure, something like that?)

One thing that trips me up is that G8 and G8.1 have a few morphs that are NOT the same, i.e., G8 has some morphs that G8.1 doesn't (and vice versa).  That might be tripping you up too.  So you need to inspect BOTH a G8 and a G8.1 together to get all the morphs.

I do not know what you mean by the statement " the script is only going one way, somehow (i.e. eyelashes can force morphs back onto the figure, something like that?)"  Maybe just leave those enabled?

I do have "Genesis 8 Starter Essentials" in Smart Content/Products and Anatomy/External contains Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes.  Indeed, so far as I am aware I have a completely working CMS installation (done from DIM, Content Wizard and some rendero manual).

CW products do not show up as products, BTW.