DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK Production Release (4.5.0.114)

rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
edited December 2020 in Daz SDK Developer Discussion

The DAZ Studio 4.5+ SDK* is now available to the general public.

This IS the Production Release of the DAZ Studio 4.5+ SDK. Plugins can be built against this version and submitted for serial number prefix assignment, building of installers, smoke testing, public beta and final versions. Any plugins built against this Production Release CAN be published in the store for purchase. Plugins developed using this SDK require a binary compatible version of DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro. Earlier versions of DAZ Studio 4.x are NOT binary compatible with this SDK. All plugins will need to be compiled against the Production Release of DAZ Studio 4.5, using this release of the DAZ Studio 4.5+ SDK.

*The SDK is required for building compiled plugins for DAZ Studio. It is NOT required to author DAZ Script files. For more information on DAZ Script please see this post.

-Rob

Post edited by rbtwhiz on

Comments

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

I would like to know what the requirements are for the machine this is to be installed on. Also a question I have is whether the production release of DAZ Studio 4.7 Pro is a binary compatible version?

I have been looking at the DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK in the store and have read the included text in the promo several times. I am thinking about getting it and seeing if I can do something with it. As the promo indicates that basic instructional documentation is included, it sounds like it might be something I can use.

I await your reply.

• dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

I would like to know what the requirements are for the machine this is to be installed on. Also a question I have is whether the production release of DAZ Studio 4.7 Pro is a binary compatible version?

I have been looking at the DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK in the store and have read the included text in the promo several times. I am thinking about getting it and seeing if I can do something with it. As the promo indicates that basic instructional documentation is included, it sounds like it might be something I can use.

I await your reply.

You can install it on any Windows or Mac machine. To use it on Windows you will need Visual Studio 2010. On Mac, XCode3 is recommended but some people are using XCode4 or 5. The requirements to run DAZ Studio are also relevant.

edited December 1969

dtamm said:

I await your reply.

You can install it on any Windows or Mac machine. To use it on Windows you will need Visual Studio 2010. On Mac, XCode3 is recommended but some people are using XCode4 or 5. The requirements to run DAZ Studio are also relevant.

OK, I looked into Visual Studio 2010 and have found that it costs far more than I can afford. For that reason, I must decide against getting the DAZ Studio 4.5 SDK .
    Thank you for your reply and the info you have provided. You have given me the means to make a wise choice, though it is not what I was hoping for.

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

Visual Studio Express

Visual C++ 2010 Express (limited to 32-bit compiler)

-Rob

• Takeo.KenseiTakeo.Kensei Posts: 1,303
    edited December 1969

I have a question regarding the SDK : is there a possibility to get the SDK documentation as qch file for intergration inside QTCreator?

• SnugginsSnuggins Posts: 52

I notice in the release notes for new versions of DAZ Studio (for insance <http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_9_2_70>; but any recent update will do) they mention updating the SDK, including some fixes I think I would benefit from. Is this an internal SDK that is not released? I don't see the changes in the SDK I have installed, which as far as I know is the most recent publicly available one (4.5.0.114, as per this thread).

• samurlesamurle Posts: 94
    edited June 2016
    bdsinger said:

I notice in the release notes for new versions of DAZ Studio (for insance <http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log_4_9_2_70>; but any recent update will do) they mention updating the SDK, including some fixes I think I would benefit from. Is this an internal SDK that is not released? I don't see the changes in the SDK I have installed, which as far as I know is the most recent publicly available one (4.5.0.114, as per this thread).

I'm sure they have an internal one.

They haven't posted a new C/C++ SDK, since 2012, four years ago.  It still works, but the docs are outdated, lots of undocumented  class types (DzUberIrayMaterial??), and the newest C/C++ compilers don't compile the SDK out of the box anymore.  Need several fixes just to get it working.  I don't know why they have left it in such an abandoned state.

Apple does their very best to break their OS every year, so I think we should at least get an updated SDK at least once a year, just to stay current.  And after 4 years, I'm sure the Qt version is outdated too.

Post edited by samurle on
  • SnugginsSnuggins Posts: 52

Thanks. I guess we're lucky to have any sort of plugin api exposed at all, DAZ doesn't have to do that (Apple has retired plugins for some apps like Mail). I guess in the rendering space it does seem pretty common to have a vibrant plugin community (maya, blender etc) but I'll take what I can get!

• Where can we request that an updated SDK be released?  One that will work with Visual 2015.

edited November 2016
    KM2016 said:

Where can we request that an updated SDK be released?  One that will work with Visual 2015.

That's the burning question, for sure. Just like Bryce has not had an upgrade for more than 5 years, and niether has Hexagon. DAZ seems to just be focusing on one main application these days, and that is DAZ Studio. I'd like to see a new version of Bryce made for 64 bit computers. I couldn't care less about Hexagon.

This SDK was suppposed to be a tool for content creation, but if you don't keep it current with the latest version of DAZ Studio, it becomes more and more limited as DAZ Studio advances. Soon we will be seeing DAZ Studio 5, and still no SDK is even close to what we have now. The new formats and the Iray render engine begs for a new version of the tool.

Post edited by Mage 13X13 on
  • hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335
    KM2016 said:

Where can we request that an updated SDK be released?  One that will work with Visual 2015.

Um, the SDK works fine with VS 2015.  I use it currently to do my development with the SDK.  Yes, you have to modify a few things, the projects and samples will NOT build without doing some modifications.

• hphoenix said:
    KM2016 said:

Um, the SDK works fine with VS 2015.  I use it currently to do my development with the SDK.  Yes, you have to modify a few things, the projects and samples will NOT build without doing some modifications.

Truthfully, they would probably be constantly modifying the SDK to keep it current with the changes in both Visual Studio and XCode, as those change at least quarterly in my experience. Not to mention that they have to test that platform neutral changes don't end up breaking one or the other environment somehow.

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 442
    edited November 2020

Visual 2019 work...?

The below link doesnt work

https://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-4-5-sdk

Post edited by foleypro on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Does the Daz Studio 4.5 sdk work with the latest version of Daz Studio?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

Yes, 4.5 is currently the public version of the SDK (and is expected to remain so until the release of Daz Studio 5.x, at which point e xistign plug-ins will break for that version). The new version is used by Daz, which is why the plug-in version has to match the application for the daz plug-ins but not for third-party plug-ins.

The updated samples mentioned in the change log are not yet available, but it is hoped they soon will be.