[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

Comments

• Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

StarLabz said:

I rechecked my main directory and searched for the .tlOFF files and i have 1300+ morphs that are still off.  thats not including the ones in other directories.

Why doesn't the G8 Script load all morphs from the directory(s) as i thought it did when watching you video.  I think clearing the cache did this or am i mistaken?

It sounds like you hit the Clear button at one point (and then Saved the Settings).  See explanation later in post.

@Riversoft, I hit Clear by accident as I was working on running through G8F. This resulted in all G8F disappearing from the main list of morphs in the G8F Turbo Loader dialogue box. The only thing left in there is this Genesis Essentials and Babina.

I've been trying to troubleshoot for the last 24 hours, as I've got a client waiting me to fix this so I can create her character. ;) But I haven't had any success. Thus far, I've tried:

• Clearing the cache
    • Reseting the morph directory (though I don't actually know how to do that and it didn't work because I have no idea where the directories are--you can see that in my second screenshot).
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling Turbo Loader
    • Re-scanning the Starter G8F
    • Etc.
    • Deleting the Disabled All and Enabled All configurations.

I'm clearly really stuck. I kept looking for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to use Reset Morph Directory in the PDF instructions and your video, but I'm not seeing anything there.

On a positive note, G8 males are working great for me in Turbo Loader. So that's something, right? ;)

Honestly, if anyone could point me in the right direction on the reset morph directory front, I'm all ears.

Did you hit Scan for Morphs... in the Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female? 

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

StarLabz said:

I rechecked my main directory and searched for the .tlOFF files and i have 1300+ morphs that are still off.  thats not including the ones in other directories.

Why doesn't the G8 Script load all morphs from the directory(s) as i thought it did when watching you video.  I think clearing the cache did this or am i mistaken?

It sounds like you hit the Clear button at one point (and then Saved the Settings).  See explanation later in post.

@Riversoft, I hit Clear by accident as I was working on running through G8F. This resulted in all G8F disappearing from the main list of morphs in the G8F Turbo Loader dialogue box. The only thing left in there is this Genesis Essentials and Babina.

I've been trying to troubleshoot for the last 24 hours, as I've got a client waiting me to fix this so I can create her character. ;) But I haven't had any success. Thus far, I've tried:

• Clearing the cache
    • Reseting the morph directory (though I don't actually know how to do that and it didn't work because I have no idea where the directories are--you can see that in my second screenshot).
    • Uninstalling and reinstalling Turbo Loader
    • Re-scanning the Starter G8F
    • Etc.
    • Deleting the Disabled All and Enabled All configurations.

I'm clearly really stuck. I kept looking for detailed step-by-step instructions on how to use Reset Morph Directory in the PDF instructions and your video, but I'm not seeing anything there.

On a positive note, G8 males are working great for me in Turbo Loader. So that's something, right? ;)

Honestly, if anyone could point me in the right direction on the reset morph directory front, I'm all ears.

First of all, go to the Options page and click the "Reset" in the "Filtered Products" area.

Second, to restore your system.  How do you install your products?  If you install only via DIM, you just need to find the "My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/" folder on your system and point the Reset Morph Directory at it.  It will fix that directory and all subdirectories.  Similarly, if you install via Daz Connect, find the My Daz Connect Library and point at that directory.  You can find out where Daz thinks those folders are by F2 (Preferences), going to "Content" tab, clicking the "Content Directory Manager" button and expanding the directories choices.

• Seeker Stock ArtSeeker Stock Art Posts: 74
    edited April 2022

First of all, go to the Options page and click the "Reset" in the "Filtered Products" area.

Second, to restore your system.  How do you install your products?  If you install only via DIM, you just need to find the "My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/" folder on your system and point the Reset Morph Directory at it.  It will fix that directory and all subdirectories.  Similarly, if you install via Daz Connect, find the My Daz Connect Library and point at that directory.  You can find out where Daz thinks those folders are by F2 (Preferences), going to "Content" tab, clicking the "Content Directory Manager" button and expanding the directories choices.

Hi Riversoft, Found the reset button on the options page and clicked it. I also navigated to the folder you mentioned in Reset Morph Directory. While it said it enabled something like 1700 morphs, I'm still not seeing anything but Babina 8 morphs on the G8Female side of Turbo Loader, even after closing the scene and restarting Daz. Any idea why the Reset Morph Directory wouldn't work? Do I need to go into the indivdual folders inside Genesis 8 and reset those?

It may be useful to know that I exclusively use DIM/Smart Content and have no third party content. But some of my Daz related files resides on my external drive (see attached screenshot).

Content on external drive.jpg
    259 x 311 - 20K
    259 x 311 - 20K
    Post edited by Seeker Stock Art on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

If I might jump in... You need to do the reset on each mapped folder (library) with G8F morphs, typically "data/DAZ3D/Genesis 8/", wherever they are. (Some users say it will find "everything", but I only use one content library folder, so I can't comment on that part). When they are all done, there should be no ".tlOff" files for G8F morphs (some will still exist for other figures, if you have processed them, like G8M). Now, you need to load a new G8F and scan it for morphs. The previous actions cleared the stored list, so you need to repopulate it. This should reload all G8F morphs into TL, then you can make your selections of which to enable or not, just don't clear the list.

To be clear about your "exclusive" use of DIM/Smart Content: Does that mean that you are installing from within DAZ Studio (aka Connect) when you say Smart Content? Connect and DIM are considered mutually exclusive, as in: don't install with both methods. DIM uses a traditional folder structure, Connect has a completely different one (which doubles the disk space used and takes precedence if also installed with DIM).

• NorthOf45 said:

If I might jump in... You need to do the reset on each mapped folder (library) with G8F morphs, typically "data/DAZ3D/Genesis 8/", wherever they are. (Some users say it will find "everything", but I only use one content library folder, so I can't comment on that part). When they are all done, there should be no ".tlOff" files for G8F morphs (some will still exist for other figures, if you have processed them, like G8M). Now, you need to load a new G8F and scan it for morphs. The previous actions cleared the stored list, so you need to repopulate it. This should reload all G8F morphs into TL, then you can make your selections of which to enable or not, just don't clear the list.

To be clear about your "exclusive" use of DIM/Smart Content: Does that mean that you are installing from within DAZ Studio (aka Connect) when you say Smart Content? Connect and DIM are considered mutually exclusive, as in: don't install with both methods. DIM uses a traditional folder structure, Connect has a completely different one (which doubles the disk space used and takes precedence if also installed with DIM).

Thanks NorthOf45, thought I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "each mapped folder (library) with G8F morphs.

I'm wondering if you mean I need to go into all of the subdirectory folders within data/DAZ3D/Genesis 8, such as Female Eyelashes, Babina 8 Eyebrows, Female | Morphs, etc.

Or am I supposed to be doing a search for .tloff files anywhere on my external drive and my hard drive, navigating to those folders and resetting those as well?

Or am I completely misunderstanding you?

Oh, to answer your question: I haven't ever used Daz Central or Daz Connect. I always use just the DIM to download/update assets.

Cheri Lasota said:

NorthOf45 said:

Thanks NorthOf45, thought I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by "each mapped folder (library) with G8F morphs.

You mentioned that some of your content was on an external drive, so if some of the morphs are there, you need to reset those also. Studio will hunt for all morphs when it loads the figure, in all mapped folders (libraries). The reset does it by folder, since it does not know which, unless it can also search all libraries. Since the morphs are currently disabled, Studio won't find them, and a TL figure scan won't be able to track them back since they are not loaded.

I'm wondering if you mean I need to go into all of the subdirectory folders within data/DAZ3D/Genesis 8, such as Female Eyelashes, Babina 8 Eyebrows, Female | Morphs, etc.

You shouldn't have to go into each subfolder, the top one shold take care of it.

Or am I supposed to be doing a search for .tloff files anywhere on my external drive and my hard drive, navigating to those folders and resetting those as well?

I don't exactly know how your system is set up, or how thorough the reset is, so, just to make sure, you can look for those .tlOff files. If there are none where they shouldn't be (i.e., no G8F morphs with .tlOff extension) then you should be clear. There might be some for G8M, but you will see that the folders are different. Worst that happens is that you miss some, and repeat the reset process on another folder.

Oh, to answer your question: I haven't ever used Daz Central or Daz Connect. I always use just the DIM to download/update assets.

Okay. Many users interchange Connect and Smart Content, but they are not the same thing.

OK, it sounds like all of your morphs should be in "My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs" and "My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female 8_1/Morphs".  Using FILE EXPLORER and going to  "My DAZ 3D Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs", if you search for "*.tloff", do any files show up?  Using FILE EXPLORER, if you search for "*.dsf", do any files show up?  The Reset Morph Directory is a button to rename all *.tloff files to *.dsf in the directory and subdirectories you point it at.

You mention "...enabled something like 1700 morphs, I'm still not seeing anything but Babina 8 morphs on the G8Female side of Turbo Loader".  That sounds like you are expecting morphs in Turbo Loader without inspecting. If you just load a G8F into your scene, do you have morphs in your Parameters and Shaping panes?  If everything is back to normal, start Turbo Loader Manager for G8Female, click "Clear" to clear the list (if you want to be safe, you could click "Save..." to save the list beforehand), click "Save Settings" and Cancel.  Select your G8F and start the Turbo Loader Manager for G8Female script again, let it inspect and populate the morph list.

NorthOf45 said:

Cheri Lasota said:

NorthOf45 said:

You mentioned that some of your content was on an external drive, so if some of the morphs are there, you need to reset those also. Studio will hunt for all morphs when it loads the figure, in all mapped folders (libraries). The reset does it by folder, since it does not know which, unless it can also search all libraries. Since the morphs are currently disabled, Studio won't find them, and a TL figure scan won't be able to track them back since they are not loaded.

You shouldn't have to go into each subfolder, the top one shold take care of it.

I don't exactly know how your system is set up, or how thorough the reset is, so, just to make sure, you can look for those .tlOff files. If there are none where they shouldn't be (i.e., no G8F morphs with .tlOff extension) then you should be clear. There might be some for G8M, but you will see that the folders are different. Worst that happens is that you miss some, and repeat the reset process on another folder.

Okay. Many users interchange Connect and Smart Content, but they are not the same thing.

Thanks for the help @NorthOf45!

• Okay, whoa. This is getting more complicated, but I hope it's a quicker fix than I think it is. I'll try to explain the steps I've taken. So at some point it looked like resetting the morph directory worked. I ran it so many times that I can't tell which time worked. I also followed your instructions in your most recent post here, Riversoft and North.

I redid the scan of the base Gen 8 Female under Starter Essentials. So I was able to sort of populate the G8F morph list. About 1/3 of the figures morphs showed up and seem to be working okay, though to be honest, all of them sort of look like Gen 8 base female to a degree. The next third of the figures keep throwing up errors that files are missing or they have no twizzle (meaning only their name shows up and you can't twizzle down to see any other morphs to select because they are missing. The last third just don't show up in the morph list at all.

It seems pretty random which figures aren't showing up, but I did notice that a bunch of Mousso figures had no twizzle option. I am wondering if I accidentally clicked the checkbox on those as opposed to twizzling them down to shift-select all of the morphs beneath. Not 100%. But if I did do that, would it cause this kind of issue?

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling one of the G8F figures (Adria). It kinda worked. I was able to access her again, but her face doesn't look exactly right.

One possibly very useful tidbit: the G8F morphs are missing under Options in that list of base morphs. I clicked reset on those but it did nothing. The G8F morphs still aren't showing up.

Any further ideas how to fix this? I'll attach some screenshots of stuff that might help shed light on whatever is going on. I labeled all the screenshots with explanations of what each one is.

Adria after reinstall - nose different.jpg
    1193 x 656 - 106K
    Adria Screenshot.jpg
    594 x 316 - 26K
    Albany morphs cannot expand.jpg
    558 x 416 - 49K
    Catallena missing morph twizzle.jpg
    580 x 765 - 121K
    259 x 311 - 20K
    Daisy looking weird.jpg
    975 x 845 - 85K
    Missing base morphs for G8F.jpg
    774 x 856 - 104K

I see in your Options -> Filtered Products list that there are no Genesis 8 Female Head/Body/Expression morphs. I don't show them either, but it doesn't seem to interfere, but then again, I get all **** UNKNOWN PRODUCT ****, so I can't use that list. All it means is those morphs will not be included by default.

The list does show a lot of products with zero morphs, which is suspect. Are the morphs present in the file system with a ".tlOff" or a ".dsf" extension? They should all be under subfolders of "[Drive:/Library folder]/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs". Again, you could have more than one content folder on different drives, so make sure to check them all. As RiversoftArt said, use Windows File Explorer from the top level folder (/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs), type ".tlOff" and take note of how many are found, then type in ".dsf" and take note of how many are found. When all morphs are enabled (like after a reset), there should be zero files with a ".tlOff" extension.

If all characters are looking like G8F Base, it is likely that the head and expression morphs have not been loaded. The character morphs are only the difference from the base figure, so they will not have much effect by themselves.

You can find the folders where the morphs were installed by inspecting, for example, Genesis 8 Female Head Morphs, with the "Show Installed Files..." selection in DIM with a right-click on the Product in the Installed tab. If the morph files have been renamed to *.tlOff, they will show as missing from the installation (black italic text), if installed (and named .dsf), they will be blue underlined hyperlinks. You can see the absolute root location of the library at the top of the list as (drive:/path). There can only be so many locations where the morphs are installed, so check the ones showing zero morphs to see which ones are really missing.

When you scan a freshly loaded figure, the script can only locate the morphs that have been loaded with it, so if they are still disabled, they will not be present, and will not show up in the list. This is why you are seeing with only 1/3 of the morphs showing up. Apparently not all G8F morph folders were reset. You might have to go through a few products to track down where they are, or should be.

• Stretch65Stretch65 Posts: 157

I like your script and it seems to work quite well.  There is however, one slight issue which I think users should be aware of.

You see, in my case, I'm using cloud storage to backup some of my content libraries.  My cloud storage includes an synching app which runs in the background, and which watches for changes to any of my content libraries.  As soon as a file changes, the synching app is triggered and uploads any changes to the cloud.

Now when your script renames a file to *.tloff, this can cause some minor annoyances.  The synching app doesn't do much at this point - I've instructed it to ignore files with a ".tloff" extension.  But when the file is renamed back to the ".dsf" extension, the syncher will often begin to re-upload the entire file, rather than just realize that a renaming was all that occurred.

The easiest way to mitigate this problem, for me, is to simply terminate the synching app before I rename any morph files with your script.  And before re-running the app, I make sure that all morphs have been re-enabled.  It's a minor inconvenience, and obviously it's beyond your control, but it's a 'wrinkle' that I think users should be aware of.

NorthOf45 said:

I see in your Options -> Filtered Products list that there are no Genesis 8 Female Head/Body/Expression morphs. I don't show them either, but it doesn't seem to interfere, but then again, I get all **** UNKNOWN PRODUCT ****, so I can't use that list. All it means is those morphs will not be included by default.

The list does show a lot of products with zero morphs, which is suspect. Are the morphs present in the file system with a ".tlOff" or a ".dsf" extension? They should all be under subfolders of "[Drive:/Library folder]/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs". Again, you could have more than one content folder on different drives, so make sure to check them all. As RiversoftArt said, use Windows File Explorer from the top level folder (/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs), type ".tlOff" and take note of how many are found, then type in ".dsf" and take note of how many are found. When all morphs are enabled (like after a reset), there should be zero files with a ".tlOff" extension.

If only 1/3 are showing up, you still have not pointed Reset Morph Directory at the directories where those morphs are located.  @NorthOf45 had a great idea.  For missing figure morphs, go to that product in Smart Content, right click.  If you see "Browse to Folder Location", that means it was installed via Daz Connect.  Select "Browse to Folder Location" and the File Explorer comes up with something like this: D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data\cloud\1_69339.  You should point Reset Morph Directory at "D:\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Daz Connect Library\data" in my case.  

For DIM installed, you won't have "Browse to Folder Location" for a product.  You would have to open up the product and select one of the presets, "Browse to Folder Location" would go to something like this: "D:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 8 Female\Characters".  Just give Reset Morph Directory the location of "D:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data"  This will get everything installed via DIM. (It is kind of like "Nuking everything from orbit but it is best to be sure" but it will work (Sorry, could not resist my Aliens reference))

If all characters are looking like G8F Base, it is likely that the head and expression morphs have not been loaded. The character morphs are only the difference from the base figure, so they will not have much effect by themselves.

You can find the folders where the morphs were installed by inspecting, for example, Genesis 8 Female Head Morphs, with the "Show Installed Files..." selection in DIM with a right-click on the Product in the Installed tab. If the morph files have been renamed to *.tlOff, they will show as missing from the installation (black italic text), if installed (and named .dsf), they will be blue underlined hyperlinks. You can see the absolute root location of the library at the top of the list as (drive:/path). There can only be so many locations where the morphs are installed, so check the ones showing zero morphs to see which ones are really missing.

When you scan a freshly loaded figure, the script can only locate the morphs that have been loaded with it, so if they are still disabled, they will not be present, and will not show up in the list. This is why you are seeing with only 1/3 of the morphs showing up. Apparently not all G8F morph folders were reset. You might have to go through a few products to track down where they are, or should be.

• I'm thrilled to report that everything is fixed! Thank you both so much for your help. Turns out I somehow missed resetting those G8F head morphs that were sitting on my external drive. Excited to start using Turbo Loader. Adding some more steps/tips to the Reset Morph Directory section of your PDF instructions about how to locate folders, etc., would really help a bunch. I ended up recording a video of me fixing my mistakes so if this happens again, I'll remember what to do. I'll also save your recommendations above so I really can't forget again. ;)

Cheri Lasota said:

I'm thrilled to report that everything is fixed! Thank you both so much for your help. Turns out I somehow missed resetting those G8F head morphs that were sitting on my external drive. Excited to start using Turbo Loader. Adding some more steps/tips to the Reset Morph Directory section of your PDF instructions about how to locate folders, etc., would really help a bunch. I ended up recording a video of me fixing my mistakes so if this happens again, I'll remember what to do. I'll also save your recommendations above so I really can't forget again. ;)

Awesome!  I am so glad you got it fixed.  I hope to see a post soon about how fast your setup is now smiley

Do you have a large Genesis (Original Genesis) or Genesis 2 library?  I am looking for a tester for each of these products.  I started using Daz Studio in the Genesis 3 days so I do not have particularly large morph libraries for these morph types.  If you do and would like to test Turbo Loader, please PM me.

edited April 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

Do you have a large Genesis (Original Genesis) or Genesis 2 library?  I am looking for a tester for each of these products.  I started using Daz Studio in the Genesis 3 days so I do not have particularly large morph libraries for these morph types.  If you do and would like to test Turbo Loader, please PM me.

Maybe not just for load times, but a good memory saver, too. I compared the DAZ Studio memory used* for TL-trimmed Genesis 3 and 8 Female figures with my current Genesis and Genesis 2 figures:

Genesis 8 Female (all base numbered characters  (~57) + about half of their HD (~28) + basic morphs) : ~1025 MB  (Still a lot, but can still be reduced quite a bit). Fully loaded: ~4,410 MB .
    Genesis 3 Female (base numbered characters + all their HD (~28) + basic morphs) : ~440 MB. Fully loaded: ~1907 MB
    Genesis 2 Female with everything (244 characters, many with HD morphs, ~30 shaping products) : ~1000 MB
    Genesis Base (~150 characters, male & female, of course, and, um-m, other creatures of indeterminate origin, plus a few shaping packages) : ~ 950 MB

Trimming the Genesis and Genesis 2 figures could reduce the memory footprint to significantly less than the Genesis 3 allowing even more in a scene with other optimization tools. [edit:] Going by the %reduction in load size, I estimate a stripped-down version of Genesis or Genesis 2 Female to use about 250 to 300 MB.

*(Task Manager, before and after loading the figure, new scene each time, purge memory)

[Edit: Added memory load for a full G3F and G8F figure with all morphs enabled with TL)

Post edited by NorthOf45 on

NorthOf45 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Maybe not just for load times, but a good memory saver, too. I compared the DAZ Studio memory used* for TL-trimmed Genesis 3 and 8 Female figures with my current Genesis and Genesis 2 figures:

Genesis 8 Female (all base numbered characters  (~57) + about half of their HD (~28) + basic morphs) : ~1025 MB  (Still a lot, but can still be reduced quite a bit). Fully loaded: ~4,410 MB .
    Genesis 3 Female (base numbered characters + all their HD (~28) + basic morphs) : ~440 MB. Fully loaded: ~1907 MB
    Genesis 2 Female with everything (244 characters, many with HD morphs, ~30 shaping products) : ~1000 MB
    Genesis Base (~150 characters, male & female, of course, and, um-m, other creatures of indeterminate origin, plus a few shaping packages) : ~ 950 MB

Trimming the Genesis and Genesis 2 figures could reduce the memory footprint to significantly less than the Genesis 3 allowing even more in a scene with other optimization tools. [edit:] Going by the %reduction in load size, I estimate a stripped-down version of Genesis or Genesis 2 Female to use about 250 to 300 MB.

*(Task Manager, before and after loading the figure, new scene each time, purge memory)

[Edit: Added memory load for a full G3F and G8F figure with all morphs enabled with TL)

This is valuable information.  Thank you for sharing it!

• RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

I'm thrilled to report that everything is fixed! Thank you both so much for your help. Turns out I somehow missed resetting those G8F head morphs that were sitting on my external drive. Excited to start using Turbo Loader. Adding some more steps/tips to the Reset Morph Directory section of your PDF instructions about how to locate folders, etc., would really help a bunch. I ended up recording a video of me fixing my mistakes so if this happens again, I'll remember what to do. I'll also save your recommendations above so I really can't forget again. ;)

Awesome!  I am so glad you got it fixed.  I hope to see a post soon about how fast your setup is now smiley

I'll work on doing that. Gotta catch up with client work first, though. ;) Thanks again for your excellent help Riversoft and North!

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

I'll work on doing that. Gotta catch up with client work first, though. ;) Thanks again for your excellent help Riversoft and North!

You're welcome!

Cheri Lasota said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cheri Lasota said:

Glad to help out. 

• chkev2001chkev2001 Posts: 2

Hi,

I am trying to use this tool today, ...however, I am confused about some functions of Turbo Loader... 

what is the difference between the "execute selected" button and the "excute" button of Turbo Loader Manager?

I created a unchecked all morphs configureation file as base, then I load it up when start editting..... and yes, it becomes loading faster...

Then while I am editting character, I then use Turbo Loader Manager again to enable some morphs I needed by checking the selected morphs....

And here comes the problem.... I am not sure to press the "execute selected" button? or to press the "execute" button?

I have a large library, and I notice, if I press the "execute selected" button, the tools takes only few seconds to finish the job,...but if I press the "execute" button, the tools takes very long time!! almost half hour to enable the morphs???  

for quick result, I then prefer to press the " execute selected" button to enable the selected morphs while editting....however, I notices that, if I press the "execute selected" button to enable the selected morphs... it does NOT always works??  some times, not all the selected morphs are enabled after press the button,... even I reload the character......some selectede morphs are missing..... and those morphs are from Daz Store, not custom installed morphs.....

However, if I press the "execute" button, it then solved the missing morphs problem.......just it will take long time to finish the job...and that ruins  "Turbo Loader" 's primary feature....  :(

I am not sure if I use the tools with right way?..... so I ask the help here....

please help....

chkev2001 said:

Hi,

I am trying to use this tool today, ...however, I am confused about some functions of Turbo Loader... 

what is the difference between the "execute selected" button and the "excute" button of Turbo Loader Manager?

I created a unchecked all morphs configureation file as base, then I load it up when start editting..... and yes, it becomes loading faster...

Then while I am editting character, I then use Turbo Loader Manager again to enable some morphs I needed by checking the selected morphs....

And here comes the problem.... I am not sure to press the "execute selected" button? or to press the "execute" button?

I have a large library, and I notice, if I press the "execute selected" button, the tools takes only few seconds to finish the job,...but if I press the "execute" button, the tools takes very long time!! almost half hour to enable the morphs???  

for quick result, I then prefer to press the " execute selected" button to enable the selected morphs while editting....however, I notices that, if I press the "execute selected" button to enable the selected morphs... it does NOT always works??  some times, not all the selected morphs are enabled after press the button,... even I reload the character......some selectede morphs are missing..... and those morphs are from Daz Store, not custom installed morphs.....

However, if I press the "execute" button, it then solved the missing morphs problem.......just it will take long time to finish the job...and that ruins  "Turbo Loader" 's primary feature....  :(

I am not sure if I use the tools with right way?..... so I ask the help here....

please help....

You are probably confusing "selected" with "checked".  They are NOT the same.  "Execute Selected" enables (checked) or disables (unchecked) all selected (highlighted) morphs.  If you select a PRODUCT, it will enable/disable all the morphs in the product (regardless if they are selected).  So you probably do not have all the morphs you want to change selected when you click "Execute Selected".  "Execute" goes through the ENTIRE morph list and enables (checked) or disables (unchecked) them (selection does not matter).  

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,144
    edited May 2022

Changing from my manual moving of files to turbo loader I do have two questions:

1) How is the ***unknown product*** defined?
    I only install via DIM (3rd party stuff with Content Wizard). So all my stuff has metadata. Still what confuses me is that TL even declares some of my G8F base figures as *** unknown product ***. Sometimes I even get two entries like with Angharad 8:
    Angharad 8 with 59 morphs
    Angharad 8 *** Unknown Product *** with 7 Morphs
    How is this possible?

2) I want to handle my extensive base figure collection only through TL. So install all the figures (and I own all gen 8 base figures I guess), have the ones disabled I do not use but have the textures available if I want to use them. Now it seems that TL does not alter the files in the projection morphs folder. Doesn't affect this load times? Or are the projection morphs only loaded if I load the particular base figure the projection morphs are made for?

Thx!

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Changing from my manual moving of files to turbo loader I do have two questions:

1) How is the ***unknown product*** defined?
    I only install via DIM (3rd party stuff with Content Wizard). So all my stuff has metadata. Still what confuses me is that TL even declares some of my G8F base figures as *** unknown product ***. Sometimes I even get two entries like with Angharad 8:
    Angharad 8 with 59 morphs
    Angharad 8 *** Unknown Product *** with 7 Morphs
    How is this possible?

It all depends on what the Daz Studio database returns for a file.  Turbo Loader asks the DS database what product a morph belongs to and then categorizes on that.  If the DS database says it does not have any products for a file, TL categorizes the morph as from an unknown product.  My recommendation... LOG IN.  That makes a BIG difference as the DS database gets updated.  If you never log in, the DS database gets woefully out of date and you will get lots of Unknown Products.  (Note the name of the unknown products is going to change this week as the v1.1 update drops into the store and you will need to rescan (check out the v1.1 tutorial video: 

2) I want to handle my extensive base figure collection only through TL. So install all the figures (and I own all gen 8 base figures I guess), have the ones disabled I do not use but have the textures available if I want to use them. Now it seems that TL does not alter the files in the projection morphs folder. Doesn't affect this load times? Or are the projection morphs only loaded if I load the particular base figure the projection morphs are made for?

You would have to check the DS log when you load a figure with projection morphs.  I don't really have many that use projection morphs.  On my system, there are so few that it doesn't seem to affect my load times.

Thx!

Turbo Loader v1.1 should become available this week (it is in testing).  You might want to watch the updated tutorial:

edited May 2022

With regards to projection morphs I assume each base figure does have them. I have 48 directories under Projection Morphs/DAZ 3D from Aiko 8 to Zelara 8. Also PAs like bluejaunte and Mousso among others do provide projections morphs. My Projection Morphs folder under G8F contains > 1.000 items as I have currently all base figures installed but most of them disabled via TL. Therefore it would be nice to know if those do affect load times (what I am afraid of) and if so if you could check to expand TL 1.2 to include those projection morphs as well ;-) 

Rod Wise Driggo said:

With regards to projection morphs I assume each base figure does have them. I have 48 directories under Projection Morphs/DAZ 3D from Aiko 8 to Zelara 8. Also PAs like bluejaunte and Mousso among others do provide projections morphs. My Projection Morphs folder under G8F contains > 1.000 items as I have currently all base figures installed but most of them disabled via TL. Therefore it would be nice to know if those do affect load times (what I am afraid of) and if so if you could check to expand TL 1.2 to include those projection morphs as well ;-) 

I will look into it.  I just spent a long time on the v1.1 update.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Spoiler alert! 

edited May 2022

Hi RiverSoft,

Thanks for the 1.1 update. Just downloaded. Need to re-active all morphs and then check it out. And the upcoming utilities already discribed on YouTube look even more promising. Thankfully I have some store credit left ;-)

One question: The configurations are cool to quickly enable morphs for a particular figure. To disable them again one needs to save a configuration with everything unchecked, right? I don't know whether this is feasible but wouldn't it be even better to have a two column window for the configurations. left column would be available (or inactive), right column would be activated. That way it would be easy to quickly disable just some particular morphs and don't go back to zero having then to re-enable several configurations. What do you think?

Well a second question regarding the "unknown products" and the "logged in"-state. So I do need to login in studio do make sure that the database is current, right? Should I be logged in during scan? Do I need to trigger any DB update manually? Thanks!

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

Rod Wise Driggo said:

Well a second question regarding the "unknown products" and the "logged in"-state. So I do need to login in studio do make sure that the database is current, right? Should I be logged in during scan? Do I need to trigger any DB update manually? Thanks!

Yes, login in Studio so that the database can be updated. You don't need to be logged in during a scan, once a week should be fine.