When I import the clothes model into UE4 Something strange has happened

When I import the clothes model into UE4

Something strange has happened

My character stands or walks straight   clothes  There is no problem

When the character lies down or crouches The clothes is broken 

PS  My character and clothes are exported together to ue4

Have a tutorial?  Fix this problem

Comments

• This is an issue of weightmapping. Clothing that has topology similar to the character will result in weighmaps that deform the clothing accurately to the character. However, clothing with very different topology can sometimes result in undesirable deformation. You can fix this by bringing the clothes into Blender and adjusting the weightmapping, then rotating the bones in the armature to observe if the deformation is better. This is a trial and error process, you may consider using different clothing altogether that is simply better weightmapped to begin with. In Daz, disable the smoothing modifier on the clothing and set it to base resolution. Then bend the character's legs in different directions. If you don't get any clipping, then that is a good clothing mesh to use in Unreal.

• st3ph3nstrang3 said:

This is an issue of weightmapping. Clothing that has topology similar to the character will result in weighmaps that deform the clothing accurately to the character. However, clothing with very different topology can sometimes result in undesirable deformation. You can fix this by bringing the clothes into Blender and adjusting the weightmapping, then rotating the bones in the armature to observe if the deformation is better. This is a trial and error process, you may consider using different clothing altogether that is simply better weightmapped to begin with. In Daz, disable the smoothing modifier on the clothing and set it to base resolution. Then bend the character's legs in different directions. If you don't get any clipping, then that is a good clothing mesh to use in Unreal.

Thanks for your answer! Is there an easier way? Or detailed tutorials

• 917593177 said:

Thanks for your answer! Is there an easier way? Or detailed tutorials

The issue that you see with the clothing is the result of weightmapping, so the only way to correct it would be to fix the weightmaps. There are a ton of videos on this on Youtube, like this one. If you're looking for an easy solution without 3rd party programs, simply using different clothing in Daz with better weightmapping would be the way to go. If you're completely intent on using the clothing seen in the images above, I'd recommend sending the Daz character over to Unreal without clothing, then sending the character WITH clothing over to Blender via Diffeomorphic, fixing the weightmaps, then exporting each clothing piece individually with the character armature and attaching it to the character in unreal using Blueprints and the set master pose component node. If you have never used Blender this may seem difficult but it's something I do all the time and if you learn the process it will open up your clothing possibilities significantly.

• bitpartbitpart Posts: 30
    Except what st3ph3nstrang3 said,pelvis  displays incorrectly when the thigh bend angle is too large.

Adjust the angles of other bones( for example Pelvis,Abdomen Lower,Abdomen Upper) instead of it.