Just tired now

I wanted to work on a new character portrait for a game I'm in...   so at 11pm I loaded up Poser 11 and brought Genesis into the scene.   2.5 hours of fumbling about to try and get my character and I have nothing to show for it.   It's now about 1:30am and I'm just tired of hitting my head against things because the two companies don't want their products to work together.   Load Genesis, morph into mouse, go through poses... can't find textures for genesis mouse.   Go through materials.. can't find them.  Search for Mouse in poser library, no mouse.   Check Daz Install manager, mouse is loaded.   Check loaded locations.   Textures are in runtime but pose/materials are not.   Load Daz3d.   Load mouse.  Texture mouse.   Put clothes on mouse.   Save mouse as scene in people.   Go to contents and generate poser files for mouse.  Go back to poser.   NO mouse.   Go back to Daz3d.  Export mouse as duf.   Go back to poser, can't load duf.   1:30 am and just tired.   Nothing accomplished.   I really don't want to jump through hoops anymore.   Can't use Carrara to make things.   Can't use Poser to make things.   Good night.  Maybe things will be better tomorrow.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

gives a Carrara hug heart

Poser 12 doesn't support DSON import because it uses python 3 (one reason I stayed on 11) 

maybe try FBX export from DAZ

(I see you said 11 though)

I have been playing a lot with my Genesis 1&2 figures in Carrara and they keep selling older stuff cheap and I keep buying it

• You can't see the saved mouse as a file, or it doesn't load correctly? File>Import should work in the former case (the basic PoserCF just gives the importer the command to load the .duf file).

•    HI Wendy, Yeay, this is Poser 11, not poser 12.   The mouse textures (and mouse whiskers and tail) are not on poser.   Just Daz3d.

HI Richard.    File saves as Duf.  Poser doesn't have Duf as an import.    Save as another format, and  nothing else (clothes, etc) loads and fits properly.   and that takes more hours of debugging and struggling and not getting things done.

Now my favorite 3d program to work with is Carrara (Shout out, Wendy) but It crashes whenever an unsupported genesis item/file gets loaded out of smart content.   Because smart content shows all the unsupported stuff that crashes Carrara.   So that just keeps getting worse the more things I have.   I havent' done art in over a year now becuase of the hours I have to spend not doing art.

don't use smart content with Carrara wink

• Boojum the brown bunny said:

HI Wendy, Yeay, this is Poser 11, not poser 12.   The mouse textures (and mouse whiskers and tail) are not on poser.   Just Daz3d.

HI Richard.    File saves as Duf.  Poser doesn't have Duf as an import.    Save as another format, and  nothing else (clothes, etc) loads and fits properly.   and that takes more hours of debugging and struggling and not getting things done.

Sorry, I think I was getting confused with Dimension3D's importer script, and attemtping to follow the link for that throws a security warning for me.

Where are the .duf/.py/.cr2 files being placed when you create them from DS?

Now my favorite 3d program to work with is Carrara (Shout out, Wendy) but It crashes whenever an unsupported genesis item/file gets loaded out of smart content.   Because smart content shows all the unsupported stuff that crashes Carrara.   So that just keeps getting worse the more things I have.   I havent' done art in over a year now becuase of the hours I have to spend not doing art.

•     Ok, so having stewed about this overnight, this morning I figured I'd try my favorite render program, Carrara.  Open carrara, create medium empty scene, drag DUMouse into scene...  after an hour still loading.   Can't wait more, go out and run errands, come back 2 hours later, mouse is loaded.   Click render tab, start render...   "An error occured" panel openned..  render died.  No details, just an error occured.   Hoping to at least save what I've done, I save carrara scene.  "An error occured"    Another 3.5 hours gone, no art done..  out of time.

edited April 2022

if you can load just genesis, the mouse should be under parameters as a morph, I am guessing an issue with the library set up

smart content does not work properly in Carrara, just use the normal content library

also don't use DAZ Connect or Control as neither compatible with Poser or Carrara

DAZ Install Manager is OK

I can see the issue and sadly you will need DAZ studio

it has an AoA  shader and it's own UV

I can try and save a character preset or scene subset for you later for Carrara to load on genesis

using PC right now

otherwise it needs to be loaded in DAZ studio and Dzdefault or iray uber applied and resaved as a scene subset

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited April 2022

OK here is a zip, https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/42/42295323cfabf7dab68a0e9dc23f2f.zip
    just extract it and put the mouse somewhere in the Carrara DAZ studio formats library browser you can find it, I have it in scene subsets

the tail loads too high and forward but you can just move it, it's parented to the hip, you can put CAPSLOCK on and move the pivot to the base too

(no DAZ content in this mods, it's just a saved duf scene)

zip
    zip
    Genesis mouse.duf.zip
    Untitled.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 293K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Ok, that loaded properly.    Clothing morphs to it.  It no longer takes several hours to load.Let me see if I can get my character portrait done.   If I can't get Genesis to work, then I have to go back to the M4 Mouse.   Genesis Mouse is much nicer for fitting clothes to.   I've also morphed him from Mouse to Dressed Mouse, since this is a more fairy tail type mouse.   Thank you for getting me unblocked, Wendy.  It's really discouraging to burn the few hours I have to play with characters on trying to figure out why something fails to load properly rather than making the scene.

When I'm done, I'll go ahead and post it to my Gallery here and this thread.  :)

Still really tired, but at least I'm moving forward again.

yeah sadly Genesis 1 and 2 still need some help from DAZ studio for some things, you don't need the latest one at least but I did use the latest beta.

•     Whoot, go Carrara.   17 hours rendered, 101 hours left to go!   A pity I got rid of my renderfarm during lockdown, but, ah well.

• WendyLuvsCatz said:

yeah sadly Genesis 1 and 2 still need some help from DAZ studio for some things, you    I don't need the latest one at least but I did use the latest beta.

This is one of the things that bothers me the most about the feud going on.   I buy content to be able to focus on making the pictures and video's I want rather than making everything by hand.   I loved genesis because it let me just pull in clothes and have them auto fit and arrange themselves, again, making their use seamless.   Now, it seems like every time I start a new piece I have to climb mountains before I can even begin making pictures.  Things that used to work are slowly breaking more and more as time goes by.  If I managed to skip sleeping for a few hours to work on a new portrait, I REALLY don't want to have to debug file systems and products during that time, I do that all day at work.  I just want to make pictures.

But thank you so much for unblocking me.    I've been shorting my sleep to try and work on this character portrait and my mind was completely shutting down.   I have Carrara Rendering my mouse now at print resolution.    With any luck I will have a finished portrait in 4 more days. 

• My promised finished render, done in Carrara, in display resolution:

Greymist the Mouse