[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

Comments

• DieterDieter Posts: 14

@RiverSoftArt

I had to reload my data because the metadata update messed everything up and data that was previously sorted correctly via DIM was shown as either saved or lost and found.
    Sorry, here's the log

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    2M

@RiverSoftArt

My DAZ Version is 4.20.0.17 and TL is 1.1

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Dieter said:

@RiverSoftArt

I had to reload my data because the metadata update messed everything up and data that was previously sorted correctly via DIM was shown as either saved or lost and found.
    Sorry, here's the log

The log is cut off.  You need to do one more something so I can see what file failed.

Das war alles, nach einem DAZ-Neustart wurde nur TL aufgerufen und das Skript für die G8F und dann wurde es abgebrochen

That was all, after a DAZ restart, only TL was called and the script for the G8F and then it was aborted

Dieter said:

That was all, after a DAZ restart, only TL was called and the script for the G8F and then it was aborted

Daz Studio does not flush its log buffer completely and always doesn't show the last several log messages.  After the script fails, just restart the script and it will push enough messages onto the Daz log so I can see the filename. 

@RiverSoftArt

Angehängt ist die neue Protokolldatei

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    2M

Dieter said:

@RiverSoftArt

Angehängt ist die neue Protokolldatei

That helped.  It looks like there is a shortcut (Morphs - Verknüpfung.lnk) that refers back to itself.  The script tries to follow it and gets into an infinite loop.  I will have to see what I can do on my end, but deleting the shortcut should fix it on your end.

Hello RiverSoftArt,
    there were actually some links in the subfolders, but these were not created by me. After deleting this, the program worked perfectly again.
    Thank you for your help.

Dieter said:

Hello RiverSoftArt,
    there were actually some links in the subfolders, but these were not created by me. After deleting this, the program worked perfectly again.
    Thank you for your help.

You are welcome.  I will look into avoiding that without adding too much overhead.

• TATSU 3DTATSU 3D Posts: 224

@RiversoftArt

One question I do have, is I've found that certain morph packs will only load one or 2 of the whole range. These were all definitely working a few days back.

When I run the G8M Config script, and scan for new morphs, each and every morph is ticked. I can even expand the morph packs and see the individual morphs are all checked, however they seill don't appear in my parameters tab after loading G8M. One example is a pack of eye shapes - the morphs are named Eyes 01 - Eyes 10, however only Eyes 02 and Eyes 10 are available to use, even after confirming all morphs were checked in the config screen.

I've also encountered an issue with one click shapes - some will apply, others from the same pack have zero effect.  Not sure if this is connected to TL, but it has only just started happening!

Any suggestions?

Otherwise, loading times are still rediculously fast :)

TATSU 3D said:

@RiversoftArt

One question I do have, is I've found that certain morph packs will only load one or 2 of the whole range. These were all definitely working a few days back.

When I run the G8M Config script, and scan for new morphs, each and every morph is ticked. I can even expand the morph packs and see the individual morphs are all checked, however they seill don't appear in my parameters tab after loading G8M. One example is a pack of eye shapes - the morphs are named Eyes 01 - Eyes 10, however only Eyes 02 and Eyes 10 are available to use, even after confirming all morphs were checked in the config screen.

That should not happen unless there are still morphs with the .tlOff extension.  You should search for that.  It might be that you had turned some off, cleared the morph list and rescanned, losing the turned off morphs

I've also encountered an issue with one click shapes - some will apply, others from the same pack have zero effect.  Not sure if this is connected to TL, but it has only just started happening!

Depends on what the preset shapes turn on.  Most likely, they actually turn on other stuff besides what is in the pack.  For example, head and body morphs from another package, and that other package is turned off.

Any suggestions?

Otherwise, loading times are still rediculously fast :)

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,294

RiverSoftArt said:

TATSU 3D said:

@RiversoftArt

That should not happen unless there are still morphs with the .tlOff extension.  You should search for that.  It might be that you had turned some off, cleared the morph list and rescanned, losing the turned off morphs

How does it handle the quite common case, when 'everything' is installed at least twice, once with DIM/DAZ Central and the second time with DAZ Connect within DS.

Which ones does TL turn off/on?

PerttiA said:

RiverSoftArt said:

TATSU 3D said:

@RiversoftArt

How does it handle the quite common case, when 'everything' is installed at least twice, once with DIM/DAZ Central and the second time with DAZ Connect within DS.

Which ones does TL turn off/on?

If you tell it to turn off a morph (defined by its relative path), it turns off ALL instances of that relative path + morph, wherever they are located.

Alright, so I have now been using TL for a couple of days, and I love it! But...

One thing that has happened, that I just cannot seem to be able to rectify is that a lot of morphs no longer show, even though they are 'checked' in the TL morph search screen.

I've run the script to rename all .tlOff files back to the default .dsf, and re-enabled all morphs. Everything shows in the TL search screen, but certain morphs just refuse to show in the parameters tab, even though there are other morphs in the same pack that are available. It's always the same couple of morphs that are available, whilst the rest are unavailable, even after running the reset script.

This is a minor inconvenience when you compare the vastly reduced loading times and the much faster posing abilities, but it's annoying nonetheless.

TATSU 3D said:

Alright, so I have now been using TL for a couple of days, and I love it! But...

One thing that has happened, that I just cannot seem to be able to rectify is that a lot of morphs no longer show, even though they are 'checked' in the TL morph search screen.

I've run the script to rename all .tlOff files back to the default .dsf, and re-enabled all morphs. Everything shows in the TL search screen, but certain morphs just refuse to show in the parameters tab, even though there are other morphs in the same pack that are available. It's always the same couple of morphs that are available, whilst the rest are unavailable, even after running the reset script.

This is a minor inconvenience when you compare the vastly reduced loading times and the much faster posing abilities, but it's annoying nonetheless.

Search for the filename of those morphs in windows explorer to see how many copies of those morphfiles you have installed and where.
    Do they all have the same file extension?

Where would I see what the individual filenames are?

Which morphpack and which morphs?

TATSU 3D said:

Where would I see what the individual filenames are?

You could try double-clicking on the morph in Turbo Loader Manager which will open a File Explorer window if TLM can find it.  This does not mean ALL the places where the morph is located, but the first location that TLM could find it.

I ended up getting this issue sorted after a lot of investigative work, so thanks for your help @PerttiA & @RiverSoftArt !

Turns out the issue was after I moved HDD's some of the 'data' folder hadn't transferred over. I've reinstalled all of the offending morph packs and now all seems to be working as intended :)

TATSU 3D said:

I ended up getting this issue sorted after a lot of investigative work, so thanks for your help @PerttiA & @RiverSoftArt !

Turns out the issue was after I moved HDD's some of the 'data' folder hadn't transferred over. I've reinstalled all of the offending morph packs and now all seems to be working as intended :)

I am glad you figured it out, and happy it wasn't a problem with TL! smiley

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909
    edited May 2022

Hello,

I would like to know how I can determine which version of Turbo Loader I have installed? I have TurboLoader for Genesis 8 and I can't see anywhere that has a version number. I manually downloaded the files from my product library to see if the files have a newer date but the files in the download actually have an older date than the files that are installed on my hard drive which were installed through Daz Central.

Post edited by nabob21 on

nabob21 said:

Hello,

I would like to know how I can determine which version of Turbo Loader I have installed? I have TurboLoader for Genesis 8 and I can't see anywhere that has a version number. I manually downloaded the files from my product library to see if the files have a newer date but the files in the download actually have an older date than the files that are installed on my hard drive which were installed through Daz Central.

Start Turbo Loader Manager.  In the description at the top, it will say "Turbo Loader Manager for Genesis 8 Female (v1.10) turbocharges..."

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

Ok. Thanks RiverSoftArt. I didn't have the latest version so I manually installed it. By the way, does anyone know how DazCentral installs updates? I didn't see anything about an update for TurboLoader inside DazCentral.

nabob21 said:

Ok. Thanks RiverSoftArt. I didn't have the latest version so I manually installed it. By the way, does anyone know how DazCentral installs updates? I didn't see anything about an update for TurboLoader inside DazCentral.

I think what you will see when you right-click a product is Update, instead of Install.  But I am not sure since I don't use it.

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

This is an excellent product RiversoftArt. Purchased this morning and im about to purchase the Booster Utilities. To be perfectly honest, ive been waiting for a product like this for a LLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time!!! A utility like this shouldve been native to DAZ3D since Genesis.

A must have for daz enthusiests. Gongratulations and Thanks for the good work!

AnotherUserName said:

This is an excellent product RiversoftArt. Purchased this morning and im about to purchase the Booster Utilities. To be perfectly honest, ive been waiting for a product like this for a LLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time!!! A utility like this shouldve been native to DAZ3D since Genesis.

You're welcome!  and thank you for the kind words!

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited May 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hey, Ive stumbled on some sort of issue. The manager is no longer identifying all of my morphs and characters, just a mix of the configuration I created and a few random others including the last character I used. Any suggestions?

I can still see all of my data files. They have been renamed with the file extension .tlOff . I guess I need to figure out how to turn them all on again? Please help.

Post edited by AnotherUserName on

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hey, Ive stumbled on some sort of issue. The manager is no longer identifying all of my morphs and characters, just a mix of the configuration I created and a few random others including the last character I used. Any suggestions?

I can still see all of my data files. They have been renamed with the file extension .tlOff . I guess I need to figure out how to turn them all on again? Please help.

It sounds like you disabled them and then accidentally cleared your morph list.  There is a "Reset Morph Directories" button in options.

• You have changed my life with this product RiverSoftArt. I have regained the will to live!

I had split many assets into seperate libraries to limit the number of morphs available at any one time. Now they are all merged back to one character library and it is still much faster than any of the subdivided libraries.

The only additional thing I would love is a button to copy selected morphs in the product list to the filtered list or at least copy the name to the clipboard. Re-typing the name exactly as it appears in the list can be frustrating.