Texture gap while applying morph

I'm applying premade morph that changes shape and materials on legs and feet of a character, and while it works more or less as it should, there is one issue - there is extremely visible line around thighs where new and old textures meet. I have no idea how and if this issue can be fixed.

Morph in question is NecDaz91 morph pack, and this is how issue looks like.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203

Morphs alone cannot move the textures, they can stretch them out though. If you are seeing a break, make sure it isn't soemthign like having two figures and the morph is allowing the other to poke-through at that point

• Jayn25Jayn25 Posts: 13

Richard Haseltine said:

Morphs alone cannot move the textures, they can stretch them out though. If you are seeing a break, make sure it isn't soemthign like having two figures and the morph is allowing the other to poke-through at that point

Morph indeed doesn't fix it, but applying material that came with the package breaks it. I have found out that changing base bump fixes most of it (legs has 1, torso 2), but there is still line between both materials in the same place. Changing values randomly is not exactly best way to debug it.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,990

Check the normals. Also and settings for HD.

Ok, issue does not appear after loading the morph and materials. Its issue with base model itself. Disabling base bump on legs and torso creates this line between body and torso. I checked the textures and they seem to be alright. Also HD seems to be enabled.

It still sounds like a material mis-match of some kind, but without some images (carefully clothed or cropped to show the issue within the limits of the ToS) and/or knowing the character in question it's hard to say anything definite.

edited May 2022

I have an image of the line that appears when you load a character and disable base bump on both body and torso, here.

[Nier Automata 2B For G8F is the character] in question.

I have tried probably all options in surface menu and this line won't disappear.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 7,990

Wild idea, how about contacting the artist and asking Guhzcoituz. Might have something to do with the expected nylons to be about that area.

On Body and Torso? I assume one of those should be legs. What do you mean by the torso having two maps?

The problem is I have seen renders of that model and it had no issues. Can't link them, nudity.

Line is on thighs, between legs and torso.