More Interactive Licenses!

There are many products without interactive licenses; I'm working on an action RPG game and I want to use Daz Studio models in my game.

But, many of the products I want to use don't have an interactive license...

Can someone get in contact with "outoftouch" and "Crocodile Liu" to tell them that we need interactive licenses for their products?

outoftouch

Crocodile Liu

Comments

• Providing an interactive license or not is a matter for the PA. You could open a support ticket and see if they might be open to a one-off agreement.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518
    Not every pa wants their assets used in a game.
  • watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

FSMCDesigns said:

Well, the Standard licence already covers certain types of games, such as visual novels, including animations, as long as the author uses 2D renders/animations. The PA's can do little to prevent that if they sell products in Daz shop.

Full 3D models are a different league, though.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

watchdog79 said:

FSMCDesigns said:

Well, the Standard licence already covers certain types of games, such as visual novels, including animations, as long as the author uses 2D renders/animations. The PA's can do little to prevent that if they sell products in Daz shop.

Full 3D models are a different league, though.

Full 3d games that require the interactive license is what I was referring to. it used to be that using DAZ assets for games was a distant afterthough (as it should be IMO) and then DAZ implemented the commercial and indie licenses that covered all DAZ originals used in a standard game. Then came the interactive licenses. Pretty sure many PAs develop for use in Daz Studio exclusively which is why textures and detail levels are not optimized for as is game use. I come from a game design background and before DAZ and other places like it, you actually had to make what you needed for "your" own game (what a concept) or purchase it from normal 3D stores which have pricing and licensing just for this, which is usually much, much higher than what DAZ offers. It's not surprising some PAs don't have interactive licenses with some of their products, I know I wouldn't if i was a PA here.

• VividImaginatorVividImaginator Posts: 38
    edited June 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Providing an interactive license or not is a matter for the PA. You could open a support ticket and see if they might be open to a one-off agreement.

Thank you for your advice,

I decided to use different assets; I will be getting Kiko 8.1 for the fox tail and dForce Casual Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females instead of an OOT hairstyle.

I guess not every PA can meet the interactive license requirements...

Too bad, the transaction goes to someone else.

Post edited by VividImaginator on