53rd Bryce Render Challenge! ( Finished)

ApocApoc Posts: 407
edited August 2022 in Bryce Discussion

Intro:
Gas  prices is going up all across the world. Just the other day I was thinking about buying an eletric bike, to save some money. But the price was almost 2k dollars. At this point, I will rather just walk, We need better ways of transportation, and while looking over the list of suggestion we have for our challenges, I came across the suggestions for "car" and  "traffic". and  thought, what if I just combined them, and see what you guys came up with. The last entry felt a bit restrictive, so hopefully this one will be more relaxed and easy to participate in. 

Bryce Contest #53 

Theme: Transportation

Description:  

We as humans will use anything to travel. Back in my days, we didn't have fancy buses or cars. We rode tortoises to school. And when it rained, we brought our own paddles to row back home. We have all had our own traveling nightmares, but imagined what life was like before horses, and camels. how hard it must of been to ride those Velociraptors. Or fantasize about taking the last space flight into the vast unkown, leaving your planet forever.

That what this challenge is all about. Whether it's riding a unicorn into battle against a legion of orcs, or traveling in a wagon with the friendly bards. Think of all the unique ways you can use transportation to get from point A to B. Your imagination is the only limit. 

Rules

• All renders must be new renders.

• You can enter up to 3 renders.

• You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS

• Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render.

• Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum.

• Please submit your works before the deadline

judging is done by a voting poll, which all members will be allowed to vote.

Challenge ends August 15th 2022   August 22nd:  (Extra time will be given if needed)

DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit

Ist place $30     2nd place $20     3rd place $15

In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honorable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentions

We will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.

Judged by a poll which will be set up at closure of the challenge.

By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose

Post edited by Apoc on

Comments

• Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918

oh my god... what a beautiful and funny animation....

and a beautiful theme, thanks for it Apoc.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

I agree very cute animation

Nice theme looking forward to the entries

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,794

Who knows, I might even try a Bryce render for this.  Maybe.

• ApocApoc Posts: 407

@yellow_Pen

Im glad you liked :) means my work is not in vain.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

What a beautiful theme. Get me to work right away. The greatest and craziest pictures will surely come from everyone.

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

Okay, my first try:

Desert Ship

Desert Ship.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 851K

Drachenlords- wow lovely original idea, desert ship... a camel comes to mind wink

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited July 2022

drachenlords - nice try, looks more like a great idea and a superbly done entry to me.

Post edited by Horo on
  • huberthubert Posts: 410

drachenlords: Wonderfully done! Fantastic idea, great character work and terrain/mats.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

drachenlors : cool idea, superbly done.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,092

drachenlords - great image and a very interesting idea - you've got the contest off to a good start.

Crazy Idea Drachenlords... beautiful Entry too.

edited July 2022

My first entry.
    Title: Cloud Travel
    Used: Flying Steamer by Phillip Drawbridge / Daz Original and CloudSlab15 (unpublished).

Cloud Travel

This version has the shadows removed. I wasn't happy with them anyway. And it rendered much
    faster, only 11-1/4 hours instead of 11-1/2 hours.

CloudTravel.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 139K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Apoc: great theme, offers lots of options!

Drachenlords: wonderful and funny take on the theme. And, of course, very well rendered.

Horo, Nice render as well. But the shadow of the ship, which appears to be on a plane in the clouds, and not following the cloud surface, bothers me.

Horo: Funny Idea. And well done...

Horo : great idea, beautiful image. I also noticed that shadow..... 

edited July 2022

Thank you Hansmar, Yellow Pen and adbc. NOTE that I changed the entry #1, removed the shadows.

My second entry.
    Title: Vortexpress (Express Transport through a Space Vortex)
    Used: Deep Space HDRI 1 and the HG-1 Gunship by Phillip Drawbridge (both available at Daz 3D).

Vortexpress

Vortexpress.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 188K
    Post edited by Horo on

a wonderful second entry Horo.

edited July 2022

Horo - nice clouds in the first - by the way that Flying Steamer is still available in the shop, in case anyone reading your text thought the product was gone. (The PA seems to be gone but not the products - Daz buyout by the looks of it)
    I really like your second entry too - it's got a great feeling of (rapid) movement. Is that this model also still in the shop? 

Post edited by MelanieL on

Yellow Pen - thank you.

MelanieL - thank you, twice. I had searched the shop for both Drawbridge objects but I have them at other names and did not find them. I changed the names now, I found them in the shop and there was even the Purchased flag for both. I updated both entries. Thank you again for your help, very much appreciated.

Ah, good. I have the Flying Steamer but not the other, hence my not knowing whether that was the right model. And clicking on the artist name on the Steamer page leads to a wholly unrelated 3D model of a castle drawbridge! Store search functions are not ideal - I found several Phillip Drawbridge items but only by going to the main store page and selecting "Bryce" in the software selection then paging down a lot!

Horo - two awesome entries, beautiful work, but the Vortexpress is my fav, excellent effect.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,794

Drachenlords, such a funny and well constructed scene.  The bottle looks great.

Horo, two fabulous entries.  I like the air balloon object and your clouds are always beautiful.

Horo : Vortexpress : brilliant idea, excellent image.

edited July 2022

Thank you mermaid, NGartply and adbc.

My third entry.
    Title: Wormhole to Mars
    Used: Toon Alien. The wormhole was made by David Brinnen for a Sci-Fi and Fantasy set DAZ 3D declined in 2015. The HDRI making the backdrop is self made.
    Note: It is a well known fact that little green men live on Mars. One stepped accidently into a wormhole and arrived here completely bewildered.

Wormhole to Mars

Just for fun an anaglyph of this scene. Some parts are a bit difficult to see, Mars irritates a bit.

Wormhole to Mars Anaglyph

Wormhole2Mars.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 263K
    Wormhole2Mars-ana.jpg
    800 x 500 - 110K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750
    edited July 2022

Horo, Good improvement on the first one. The second one really takes you in with great speed. And the third one is just very funny!

My first entry: Traveling light. I played with one of the cloudslab scenes by David and Horo, rearranging terrains and modifying the cloud slab, when I thought: "Why not put in some traveling machines?" So I posed Michael and Victoria 4 each on an Ultralight (hence the name) and placed them in the sky above the scene.

Traveling light.jpg
    1510 x 850 - 960K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited July 2022

~  looking good ,  here  ~  heart

Post edited by ed3D on

Hansmar - thank you. Those "flying scooters" look great. Well done entry.

Horo : Wormhole to Mars : cool idea, very funny, great anaglyph.

Hansmar : wonderful image, everything fits perfectly.

Horo - the Wormhole is too cute, I love it, great anaglyph

Hansmar - superb entry, very nicely done.