[Released] Bone Minion for Genesis 2 Poses [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Introducing the revolutionary new way to use Genesis 2 poses for different figure generations! Stop wasting time and hard drive space converting pose presets, just use them! With Bone Minion for Genesis 2, you can directly use Genesis 2 poses for other generations without first converting and saving them to a preset. Your Bone Minion will do the hard work for you by acting as a bone “catcher” for a pose and then transferring (and converting if necessary) the pose to its parent Target Figure*. Simply load the desired Bone Minion (i.e., Genesis 2 Female Bone Minion for Genesis 2 Female poses) on your Target Figure (Genesis 8.1 Male), select the Bone Minion, and start applying poses!

• On-the-fly conversion of poses to your Target Figure
  • Directly convert from the Source generation to the Target generation without converting to intermediate generations (i.e., direct conversion from G2F to G8F instead of G2 to G3 to G8)
  • Works with full poses, partial poses**, hierarchical poses***, and even AniBlocks!
  • Automatically applies full poses when they are loaded**
  • Cross-gender pose conversion
  • Supports Pose Properties (using the Create Heavyweight Bone Minion script)
  • Use Pose Details on the Bone Minion to apply partial poses

Note that converted poses (and especially props if they are hierarchical poses) may not be perfect and may require tweaking. Facial Bones (i.e., expressions) except for the eyes are not transferred.

* Requires purchase of the correct Bone Minion product.

** Any pose that sets the hip of the Bone Minion will be automatically converted on the fly and applied to the Target Figure. The Apply Changes script can be used to transfer any pose (including partial poses) on the Bone Minion to its Target Figure.

*** Hierarchical poses require the props loaded on both the Bone Minion and the Target Figure. The prop will be properly rotated for the pose but may need to be manually translated to the correct location.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

More promos

popup_31.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 339K
    popup_32.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 330K
    popup_33.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 329K
    popup_34.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 331K
    popup_35.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 333K
    popup_36.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 334K
    popup_37.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 353K
    popup_38.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 346K
    popup_39.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 336K
    popup_40.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 339K
    popup_41.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 336K
    popup_42.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 344K
    popup_43.jpg
    1480 x 1245 - 340K
    popup_44.jpg
    1481 x 1245 - 390K
    popup_45.jpg
    1481 x 1245 - 381K
    popup_46.jpg
    1481 x 1245 - 381K
    popup_47.jpg
    1481 x 1245 - 385K
  • I'm really waiting for this one, I have a lot of G2 characters and poses

silvioarturi_d26d1707cd said:

I'm really waiting for this one, I have a lot of G2 characters and poses

Not too much longer! smiley

• SqFKYoSqFKYo Posts: 8

With this product being released, is there a reason to buy your older https://www.daz3d.com/props-and-poses-converter-from-genesis-2-female-to-genesis-8-female if I don't want to have duplicates in my library but instead convert on the fly? I'm not quite sure if converting props is something I need to do when I have Bone Minion in use. Also, awesome product, I'm getting the whole series <3.

And it is released!

edited July 2022

marcin.pohjanpalo said:

With this product being released, is there a reason to buy your older https://www.daz3d.com/props-and-poses-converter-from-genesis-2-female-to-genesis-8-female if I don't want to have duplicates in my library but instead convert on the fly? I'm not quite sure if converting props is something I need to do when I have Bone Minion in use. Also, awesome product, I'm getting the whole series <3.

The Props and Poses Converter gives better results for Hierarchical Poses.  The way poses are converted is different and props will be placed better with the Props and Poses Converter way.  Otherwise, unless you want pose presets (as that does save a little time since there is no set up of a Bone Minion), there is no need.   

I am glad you like the series.  The whole Bone Minion series has been something I have been wanting to create for a long time. smiley

(BTW, those who had already bought Props and Poses Converter for G2x to G8x should have been given a coupon to make bundle cheaper)

• ReneWReneW Posts: 123

This jumped in my cart as soon as I saw it and I can't wait to use it.  Looking forward to Genesis 3 poses for Genesis 8.

ReneW said:

This jumped in my cart as soon as I saw it and I can't wait to use it.  Looking forward to Genesis 3 poses for Genesis 8.

Thank you for your support!  I am finishing up the G3 version soon.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

I'm crying proverbial tears of happiness here. I bought the other two when they came out, and now this one, and I'm one happy customer. It's easy to use and works well with my workflow. THANK YOU! heart

• melaniemelanie Posts: 763
    edited July 2022

I bought the Genesis 2 poses Minion and tried it and I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much. I can't wait to get the Genesis 3 version. Woohoo!

Post edited by melanie on

BeeMKay said:

I'm crying proverbial tears of happiness here. I bought the other two when they came out, and now this one, and I'm one happy customer. It's easy to use and works well with my workflow. THANK YOU! heart

You're welcome!  smiley  I am so glad you like it.  Thank you for all your support.

melanie said:

I bought the Genesis 2 poses Minion and tried it and I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much. I can't wait to get the Genesis 3 version. Woohoo!

LOL. laugh  You are very welcome.

• twallingtwalling Posts: 241

I'm interested, but I'm confused and a bit dazzled by all the different ones you have for sale.   I'd want to convert my old poses to Genesis 8.  From the various previous Genesis sets and the V4 sets.  Do you have a bundle that does this?

edited July 2022

twalling said:

I'm interested, but I'm confused and a bit dazzled by all the different ones you have for sale.   I'd want to convert my old poses to Genesis 8.  From the various previous Genesis sets and the V4 sets.  Do you have a bundle that does this?

There is no bundle that converts BOTH G1 and V4 sets.  You need 2 products:

1. Bone Minion for Genesis Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 (converts G1 poses to G8)
    2. Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses for Genesis 8 and 8.1 (converts V4/M4 poses to G8)

Of course, these products are also in

1. Bone Minion for Genesis Poses Bundle (converts G1 poses to any other generation)
    2. Bone Minion for Generation 4 Poses Bundle (converts V4/M4 Poses to any other generation)

• HatBHatB Posts: 76

RiverSoftArt said:

marcin.pohjanpalo said:

The Props and Poses Converter gives better results for Hierarchical Poses.  The way poses are converted is different and props will be placed better with the Props and Poses Converter way.  Otherwise, unless you want pose presets (as that does save a little time since there is no set up of a Bone Minion), there is no need.   

I am glad you like the series.  The whole Bone Minion series has been something I have been wanting to create for a long time. smiley

I(BTW, those whI o had already bought Props and Poses Converter for G2x to G8x should have been given a coupon to make bundle cheaper)

I purchased both https://www.daz3d.com/props-and-poses-converter-from-genesis-2-male-to-genesis-8-male and https://www.daz3d.com/props-and-poses-converter-from-genesis-2-female-to-genesis-8-female and did not recieve a coupon. 

HatB said:

RiverSoftArt said:

marcin.pohjanpalo said:

I(BTW, those whI o had already bought Props and Poses Converter for G2x to G8x should have been given a coupon to make bundle cheaper)

I purchased both https://www.daz3d.com/props-and-poses-converter-from-genesis-2-male-to-genesis-8-male and https://www.daz3d.com/props-and-poses-converter-from-genesis-2-female-to-genesis-8-female and did not recieve a coupon. 

I guess Daz decided not to do so (or did not see the request).  I can only recommend, but Daz makes the final decisions.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

okay so far I have bought all the Bone Minion Bundles and I have a question ..... are you going to create Bone Minion to go from Genesis8 to Genesis 3, 2 ,1 and Gen 4?

edited August 2022

carrie58 said:

okay so far I have bought all the Bone Minion Bundles and I have a question ..... are you going to create Bone Minion to go from Genesis8 to Genesis 3, 2 ,1 and Gen 4?

Yes.  Working on it now. smiley I don't expect it will sell that great, but *I* want to be able to use any pose with any generation.

(Edit: Oh, and thanks so much for the support!!! smiley)

@RiverSoftArt You are very welcome ,I like the idea of use any pose wih any Generation as well ,though I've gotten the most comfortable making poses using Genisis 3 & 8 ,it's nice to use them on other generations .Besides even though I think I've bought every Pose converter out there ,Bone Minion is nice cause I don't have to duplicate every generations poses to all the others ,that can be a pain in the butt ,Now I just convert the older Poses to DUF.s make a general pose folder with individual generation pose folders and all the poses are in one place .......now to go get at that

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

carrie58 said:

@RiverSoftArt You are very welcome ,I like the idea of use any pose wih any Generation as well ,though I've gotten the most comfortable making poses using Genisis 3 & 8 ,it's nice to use them on other generations .Besides even though I think I've bought every Pose converter out there ,Bone Minion is nice cause I don't have to duplicate every generations poses to all the others ,that can be a pain in the butt ,Now I just convert the older Poses to DUF.s make a general pose folder with individual generation pose folders and all the poses are in one place .......now to go get at that

+1

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

RiverSoftArt said:

carrie58 said:

Yes.  Working on it now. smiley I don't expect it will sell that great, but *I* want to be able to use any pose with any generation.

You might be surprised.  There are a lot of products out there that only come with poses for G8 while many of us still prefer the designs of the G3s.  While, yes, there are other methods of converting poses between those two, none of them are exactly convenient when scrolling through a library filled with thousands of poses for each figure.      

carrie58 said:

I am glad you like Bone Minion smiley.  I am trying to make your life easier!

Cybersox said:

RiverSoftArt said:

carrie58 said:

You might be surprised.  There are a lot of products out there that only come with poses for G8 while many of us still prefer the designs of the G3s.  While, yes, there are other methods of converting poses between those two, none of them are exactly convenient when scrolling through a library filled with thousands of poses for each figure.      

I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.   I was discouraged by the G2 bundle sales as they were not even half of the G1 Bundle.

RiverSoftArt said:

Cybersox said:

RiverSoftArt said:

carrie58 said:

I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.   I was discouraged by the G2 bundle sales as they were not even half of the G1 Bundle.

Might have to give it time ......let the younger users learn of the older generations ya know .......

RiverSoftArt said:

Cybersox said:

RiverSoftArt said:

carrie58 said:

Well, let's face it, the G2's life in the sun was rather brief as the introduction of Iray took that whole generation out of play fairly quickly, their support at sites outside of DAZ itself was always pretty limited, and a large number of the G2 pose sets that were made were hybrids packaged with poses for either G1 or G3, further cutting down on potential.  G3 and especially G8, on the other hand, have proven to have a lot more universal adoption and staying power, with the latter having now become nearly as ubiquitous as the V4s.  With that in mind, I think a G8 to other figures minion might be the strongest option of what's left, though it does occur to me that A3 is still in surprisingly heavy use despite her age, and there were a lot of unique sets made for that generation... 

Cybersox said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Cybersox said:

RiverSoftArt said:

carrie58 said:

Well, let's face it, the G2's life in the sun was rather brief as the introduction of Iray took that whole generation out of play fairly quickly, their support at sites outside of DAZ itself was always pretty limited, and a large number of the G2 pose sets that were made were hybrids packaged with poses for either G1 or G3, further cutting down on potential.  G3 and especially G8, on the other hand, have proven to have a lot more universal adoption and staying power, with the latter having now become nearly as ubiquitous as the V4s.  With that in mind, I think a G8 to other figures minion might be the strongest option of what's left, though it does occur to me that A3 is still in surprisingly heavy use despite her age, and there were a lot of unique sets made for that generation... 

Interesting.  As I started using Daz in the waning days of G3, I really don't know the history of G2.  Thanks for the information.

RiverSoftArt said:

Interesting.  As I started using Daz in the waning days of G3, I really don't know the history of G2.  Thanks for the information.

Yeah, that's a perspective that would definitely affect one's perception of the various products.  I came in way back during the days of V3, right after Poser 5 had been introduced, so it seems like I've seen I've seen a thousand figure bases come and go... and have ended up with assets for a ton of them.  The fact is that it's unlikely that anything will ever match the magnitude of dominance that the V4 generation acheived, given that it became the default standard for poser users and other stores once DAZ went it's own way with the Genesis line, and new V4 products are still being churned out in abundance at every site except DAZ.  As a comparison, the list below is my rough ballpark estimate for how long the periods have been during which large quantities of products were being made for each of the various generations.  Dates are relative as things like the delayed release of male figures in a new line tend to blur the crossover lines, and in some cases the fadeout of the previous Generation has been very slow and gradual, as in the ones between G1 to G2, and especially G3 to G8, where the 8s were a relatively minor step up from the previous generation.  For others, however, the transition was a much harder break, most notably when Genesis 2 was rapidly supplanted as the result of fancy new technology that mostly went to straight to the new Genesis 3 (Iray textures, Dual Quaternion mapping, etc.)  

V3 generation - 5 years for most figures (2002-2007), with a much longer drop off for the Aiko 3 and Hiro 3 figures for several years beyond that 

V4 generation -  16 years (2006-Current)

Genesis - 3 years (2011-2014)  

Genesis 2 - 2 Years (2013-2015)

Genesis 3 - 3 Years for figure bases (2015 - 2017,) 6 years (2015 - 2021 for supporting products like pose sets and hair, etc.)

Genesis 8 -  5 years (2017 - Current)

Genesis 8.1 - 1 year (2021-Current)

Cybersox said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Yeah, that's a perspective that would definitely affect one's perception of the various products.  I came in way back during the days of V3, right after Poser 5 had been introduced, so it seems like I've seen I've seen a thousand figure bases come and go... and have ended up with assets for a ton of them.  The fact is that it's unlikely that anything will ever match the magnitude of dominance that the V4 generation acheived, given that it became the default standard for poser users and other stores once DAZ went it's own way with the Genesis line, and new V4 products are still being churned out in abundance at every site except DAZ.  As a comparison, the list below is my rough ballpark estimate for how long the periods have been during which large quantities of products were being made for each of the various generations.  Dates are relative as things like the delayed release of male figures in a new line tend to blur the crossover lines, and in some cases the fadeout of the previous Generation has been very slow and gradual, as in the ones between G1 to G2, and especially G3 to G8, where the 8s were a relatively minor step up from the previous generation.  For others, however, the transition was a much harder break, most notably when Genesis 2 was rapidly supplanted as the result of fancy new technology that mostly went to straight to the new Genesis 3 (Iray textures, Dual Quaternion mapping, etc.)  

V3 generation - 5 years for most figures (2002-2007), with a much longer drop off for the Aiko 3 and Hiro 3 figures for several years beyond that 

V4 generation -  16 years (2006-Current)

Genesis - 3 years (2011-2014)  

Genesis 2 - 2 Years (2013-2015)

Genesis 3 - 3 Years for figure bases (2015 - 2017,) 6 years (2015 - 2021 for supporting products like pose sets and hair, etc.)

Genesis 8 -  5 years (2017 - Current)

Genesis 8.1 - 1 year (2021-Current)

Thanks for more information! smiley 

As a user, I played around with the original Poser or Poser 2 (trying to make book illustrations).  I probably still have the CD somewhere.  While very cool and fun, I could never get the style I liked.  I don't remember any shopping sites at that time but I don't think I looked. Then I didn't touch Poser/DS for decades until 2017.  Daz3D.com was quickly going to make me broke so I decided I needed to somehow become a PA fast! laugh

• RiverSoftArt said:

Cybersox said:

RiverSoftArt said:

carrie58 said:

Honestly, I think if you were to do a G8/8.1 to X, it would sell reasonably well. The older figures do have their uses still, with some having character types (especially monsters and creatures) that haven't yet been redone for G8, but the pose selection is a lot better wrt G8: far less "broken spine and butt sexy time" poses for the females and boring standing ones for the males... it was a, uh, different time up until G8 dropped and Daz became more mainstream/used by professionals and they had to expand beyond softcore stuff if they wanted to survive (and frankly, it's doing far better for them than Rendo is with Poser these days, but that's an entirely different kettle of fish). 

But yeah, I really hope you'll consider doing at least G8 to X in the future! You've got my guaranteed dollars if you do.

Panzer Emerald said:

Honestly, I think if you were to do a G8/8.1 to X, it would sell reasonably well. The older figures do have their uses still, with some having character types (especially monsters and creatures) that haven't yet been redone for G8, but the pose selection is a lot better wrt G8: far less "broken spine and butt sexy time" poses for the females and boring standing ones for the males... it was a, uh, different time up until G8 dropped and Daz became more mainstream/used by professionals and they had to expand beyond softcore stuff if they wanted to survive (and frankly, it's doing far better for them than Rendo is with Poser these days, but that's an entirely different kettle of fish). 

But yeah, I really hope you'll consider doing at least G8 to X in the future! You've got my guaranteed dollars if you do.

That's how I feel, as each generation has had strengths and weaknesses that keep me using them for various reasons, and I know there are a lot of others who do the same.  Personally, I think they could have stopped at Genesis 3 and I'd have been pretty happy, both because there are some fantastic shapes that the 8s never duplicated, but also because while the G8s supposedly have more range of expression, the 8s are also far more likely to dip into the uncanny valley due to the fact that real faces don't have bones in them.

As for Poser and Rendo... let's face it, after years of neglect and mismanagement by SmithMicro, Poser was rather damaged merchandise before Rendo picked it up.  Although I'm still not using it very often, I've been rather impressed at what they've been able to do with it thus far, and while the La Femme/Homme figures definitely still come in second to the Genesis 3 and 8s, they're a huge improvement over things like the abominable Rex and Roxy.