[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

Comments

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

Hmmm not sure if this one has been mentioned.

I have added all of the Michael 8 items listed in the search result ticked but I am finding some Michael 8 items the script is not including.

Example:

CTRLMichael8.dsfmichael

Any recomendation as to how to find missing content within the script?

Thanks;)

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

Mouser said:

Hmmm not sure if this one has been mentioned.

I have added all of the Michael 8 items listed in the search result ticked but I am finding some Michael 8 items the script is not including.

Example:

CTRLMichael8.dsfmichael

Any recomendation as to how to find missing content within the script?

Thanks;)

A .dsfmichael is not an extension that DS would find, so TL will ignore it too.  It needs to be .dsf  The whole point of TL is to hide morphs by changing the file extension (to .tlOff.  It could have easily been .dsfmichael).

• tfistfis Posts: 129

Will Turbo Loader make the animation preview faster?

tfis said:

Will Turbo Loader make the animation preview faster?

I am not sure.  I think it might, but I don't know for sure.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

How do I go about removing the seldom-used icons from the task bar?  I own the utilities, and those are the only icons I need quick access to.

Sevrin said:

How do I go about removing the seldom-used icons from the task bar?  I own the utilities, and those are the only icons I need quick access to.

F3 for Customize DAZ Studio, Tool Bars tab, expand the Main node, right click the item you want to delete and "Remove Item"

2022-07-22_06-22-57.jpg
    902 x 948 - 136K
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,000

Gotta say I finally found time to use this product after I bought it and... it's awesome. It really cut down on loading. I simply disabled morphs of characters I never use (but that I had installed because of their materials). I haven't yet dived into the configuration setup aspect of it, but so far I'm very satisfied with the product! Thanks for creating it, Riversoftart!

FenixPhoenix said:

Gotta say I finally found time to use this product after I bought it and... it's awesome. It really cut down on loading. I simply disabled morphs of characters I never use (but that I had installed because of their materials). I haven't yet dived into the configuration setup aspect of it, but so far I'm very satisfied with the product! Thanks for creating it, Riversoftart

You're welcome! smiley  I am glad you like it.

• jmattatalljmattatall Posts: 23
    edited August 2022

So I did something stupid, after having previously run the "Scan for Morphs" successfully several times in the past, this time I forgot to "Re-enable All Morphs" before clearing the morph list. When I ran the scan for morphs again it showed nothing. Enable All Morphs did not work as there were no products to look for. Now my morph folder was a mixture of enable and disabled morphs with no way for Turbo Manager to fix it. And of course my backup was a copy of the morph folder so it also has the same mixed files. In the end I had to recursivly rename all the .tloff extensions to .dsf extensions and then delete all the .tloff files. Now I was able to re-run Turbo Loader. I also now have a seperate backup of my morph folder that only gets backed up manually. :)

Post edited by jmattatall on

attamat-llj said:

So I did something stupid, after having previously run the "Scan for Morphs" successfully several times in the past, this time I forgot to "Re-enable All Morphs" before clearing the morph list. When I ran the scan for morphs again it showed nothing. Enable All Morphs did not work as there were no products to look for. Now my morph folder was a mixture of enable and disabled morphs with no way for Turbo Manager to fix it. And of course my backup was a copy of the morph folder so it also has the same mixed files. In the end I had to recursivly rename all the .tloff extensions to .dsf extensions and then delete all the .tloff files. Now I was able to re-run Turbo Loader. I also now have a seperate backup of my morph folder that only gets backed up manually. :)

You *DON'T* need (and you shouldn't) to clear the morph list.  "Scan for Morphs" will ADD new morphs to the list.  By clearing the list, TL loses all the .tlOff files.  At that point, you need to use the "Reset Content Directories..." which will go through all the directories and rename .tlOff files to .dsf.

• jmattatalljmattatall Posts: 23
    edited August 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

attamat-llj said:

You *DON'T* need (and you shouldn't) to clear the morph list.  "Scan for Morphs" will ADD new morphs to the list.  By clearing the list, TL loses all the .tlOff files.  At that point, you need to use the "Reset Content Directories..." which will go through all the directories and rename .tlOff files to .dsf.

Ah, good to know. The reason I did it that way was I found a large folder under the morph directory named as my first.last name that seem to be a duplicate of all the other morphs in this one folder. So essentially all the morphs were being loaded twice. I removed it and did a re-scan. Except I forgot to re-enable all the morphs first before I cleared the list. 

Post edited by jmattatall on
  • LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

I just want to second the request for a method to add a product in the morph list to the filtered list without needing to manually retype the name.  Especially since it's case sensitive, I've been having a very frustrating time with that.  "Oh, it's female(s) not female.  Oh, the with is capitalised.  Oh..."

I'd also like the option to completely exclude a content library.

Otherwise, still figuring out my best workflows with Turbo Loader but desperately need it.  I have 37000+ morphs for Gen 8 female, Turbo Loader tells me, and only about 10k less for Gen8 male, and it can be pretty much impossible to work sometimes.  (About 25 minutes this morning to load an bog standard Genesis 8 Basic Female.)

Not remotely Turbo Loader's fault but I find it somewhat disheartening to find random products that Turbo Loader finds as 'included' in a scene that I definitely did NOT dial up on a figure (such as that completely out of the box Genesis 8 Female this morning).  Daz quality control is... better than some other sites out there, but it's not everything it's supposed to be, clearly.  

Leticia said:

I just want to second the request for a method to add a product in the morph list to the filtered list without needing to manually retype the name.  Especially since it's case sensitive, I've been having a very frustrating time with that.  "Oh, it's female(s) not female.  Oh, the with is capitalised.  Oh..."

Otherwise, still figuring out my best workflows with Turbo Loader but desperately need it.  I have 37000+ morphs for Gen 8 female, Turbo Loader tells me, and only about 10k less for Gen8 male, and it can be pretty much impossible to work sometimes.  (About 25 minutes this morning to load an bog standard Genesis 8 Basic Female.)

Not remotely Turbo Loader's fault but I find it somewhat disheartening to find random products that Turbo Loader finds as 'included' in a scene that I definitely did NOT dial up on a figure (such as that completely out of the box Genesis 8 Female this morning).  Daz quality control is... better than some other sites out there, but it's not everything it's supposed to be, clearly.  

Ok, I have been struggling for where I would put a button to add a product to the Filtered Product list.  I have decided in the next update that what I will do is add the name to the Add Filtered Product Name text box when you double-click on a product name.  Then, you can click the Add button to actually add it.

I will consider adding an exclude Content Library function.

• Hi all,

How do you remove morphs from the TLManager? I have some products that are no longer in my database but still show up in the list of morphs.

• LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

RiverSoftArt said:

Leticia said:

Ok, I have been struggling for where I would put a button to add a product to the Filtered Product list.  I have decided in the next update that what I will do is add the name to the Add Filtered Product Name text box when you double-click on a product name.  Then, you can click the Add button to actually add it.

I will consider adding an exclude Content Library function.

That would be awesome. 

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

How do you remove morphs from the TLManager? I have some products that are no longer in my database but still show up in the list of morphs.

Hmmm, that is something I hadn't thought about.  I would enable ALL morphs (or reset Content directories), clear the list, and then rescan.

• RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

Hmmm, that is something I hadn't thought about.  I would enable ALL morphs (or reset Content directories), clear the list, and then rescan.

No, that didnt work. Any other suggestions? Feature for a new version?

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

If you cleared the list and rescan and they showed up, that means the morphs are still there.  They should show up.  You would have to delete the morph files for them not to be found.

• RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

If you cleared the list and rescan and they showed up, that means the morphs are still there.  They should show up.  You would have to delete the morph files for them not to be found.

Yah theyve already been deleted from my ssd. Im wondering if im on the current version though. Ill check version numbers and re-install if I have to.

• AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

Yah theyve already been deleted from my ssd. Im wondering if im on the current version though. Ill check version numbers and re-install if I have to.

Ok, so to rehash, the morphs had been deleted from my ssd previous to this issue. I have reinstalled TL. I have enabled/disabled all my morphs and re-scanned in TL. The morphs still show up. As an experiment, I enabled all of the mystery morphs to see what would happen if I tried to load them onto my g8f. TL completes the process with no errors and states "0 morphs enabled (0 failed), 0 morphs disabled (0 failed). I load my g8f and she is completely blank, no morphs at all. I exit, re-launch, and load the test figure. She loads fine, no errors, still no morphs. I re-launch TL and the mystery morphs are still listed and still checked as enabled.

• AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

Ok, so to rehash, the morphs had been deleted from my ssd previous to this issue. I have reinstalled TL. I have enabled/disabled all my morphs and re-scanned in TL. The morphs still show up. As an experiment, I enabled all of the mystery morphs to see what would happen if I tried to load them onto my g8f. TL completes the process with no errors and states "0 morphs enabled (0 failed), 0 morphs disabled (0 failed). I load my g8f and she is completely blank, no morphs at all. I exit, re-launch, and load the test figure. She loads fine, no errors, still no morphs. I re-launch TL and the mystery morphs are still listed and still checked as enabled.

My database is on an external ssd. I just located the TL cache in C:ProgramData:Daz 3d:Turbo Loader. All of the morphs im trying to get rid of are still listed in the cache. I read about an option in the documentation to refresh the cache but I havent seen it in TL.

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

My database is on an external ssd. I just located the TL cache in C:ProgramData:Daz 3d:Turbo Loader. All of the morphs im trying to get rid of are still listed in the cache. I read about an option in the documentation to refresh the cache but I havent seen it in TL.

Are the morph files on disk?  Did you CLEAR the morph list before rescanning?  (usually you do not do this, but since you have enabled all morphs, this is safe).  If you have cleared the morph list and the files are not on disk, there is no way that they would be detected in a new scan.

• RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

Are the morph files on disk?  Did you CLEAR the morph list before rescanning?  (usually you do not do this, but since you have enabled all morphs, this is safe).  If you have cleared the morph list and the files are not on disk, there is no way that they would be detected in a new scan.

Ill keep looking to see if its an error on my side. I have been clearing the morph list and ive reset the content directory and the morph directory. I keep coming up blank though. Either way, ill let you know what happens in a few days... Ill give you a break for the weekend :))

Still an outstanding program. I use it everyday and its opened up so much more potential in my d3d!

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

Ill keep looking to see if its an error on my side. I have been clearing the morph list and ive reset the content directory and the morph directory. I keep coming up blank though. Either way, ill let you know what happens in a few days... Ill give you a break for the weekend :))

Still an outstanding program. I use it everyday and its opened up so much more potential in my d3d!

Could you perhaps share a video of what you are doing?  There really is no way for TL to find morphs that don't exist on disk. With the morphs you think are deleted, double click on one and TL will open up File Explorer to where it thinks it found it.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 420

Honestly, I'm a bit lost with this product, Do I need to buy all the seperate turbo loader products to get this working easily. Why not package this up all as one product?

• wscottart said:

Honestly, I'm a bit lost with this product, Do I need to buy all the seperate turbo loader products to get this working easily. Why not package this up all as one product?

If you only use one figure, e.g. G8, then you only need the G8 version. If you use e.g. G3 as well, then you need the G3 version too. The Booster Utilities works on all the versions. They all have a 50% discount at the moment, good savings. As for one product, the various products were created and released at various intervals.

DoctorJellybean said:

wscottart said:

If you only use one figure, e.g. G8, then you only need the G8 version. If you use e.g. G3 as well, then you need the G3 version too. The Booster Utilities works on all the versions. They all have a 50% discount at the moment, good savings. As for one product, the various products were created and released at various intervals.

Thanks for the explanation @DoctorJellybean!  As they said, it depends on what figure generation you need to speed up.  

As for a bundle, Daz does not allow us to create a bundle from previously released products.  The versions came out at different times (in fact, from G8 to G3 all the versions significantly improved based on user feedback on the G8 version) and cannot be a bundle.

• wscottartwscottart Posts: 420

Well I have them all. I can't seem to get them to load the icon on the main like I see in your video. I have gotten them loaded up in a favorites menu however. After getting the booster utility some of this seems to become a bit easier to grasp. I'll keep plugging away at it because these 8k plus morphs really drag down Daz.

Sorry there is so much info out there its kinda hard to isolate and find exactly what you need to know or ask now days. And every thread in Daz is pages and pages long  too!

wscottart said:

Well I have them all. I can't seem to get them to load the icon on the main like I see in your video. I have gotten them loaded up in a favorites menu however. After getting the booster utility some of this seems to become a bit easier to grasp. I'll keep plugging away at it because these 8k plus morphs really drag down Daz.

Sorry there is so much info out there its kinda hard to isolate and find exactly what you need to know or ask now days. And every thread in Daz is pages and pages long  too!

There is also the manual that might help.  But any specific questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

Could you perhaps share a video of what you are doing?  There really is no way for TL to find morphs that don't exist on disk. With the morphs you think are deleted, double click on one and TL will open up File Explorer to where it thinks it found it.

Thats a cool feature, ill try that. I cant really do a video but if I still have problems, ill write it out like im doing a bug report.