AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

How do you remove morphs from the TLManager? I have some products that are no longer in my database but still show up in the list of morphs.

Hmmm, that is something I hadn't thought about.  I would enable ALL morphs (or reset Content directories), clear the list, and then rescan.

No, that didnt work. Any other suggestions? Feature for a new version?

If you cleared the list and rescan and they showed up, that means the morphs are still there.  They should show up.  You would have to delete the morph files for them not to be found.

Yah theyve already been deleted from my ssd. Im wondering if im on the current version though. Ill check version numbers and re-install if I have to.

Ok, so to rehash, the morphs had been deleted from my ssd previous to this issue. I have reinstalled TL. I have enabled/disabled all my morphs and re-scanned in TL. The morphs still show up. As an experiment, I enabled all of the mystery morphs to see what would happen if I tried to load them onto my g8f. TL completes the process with no errors and states "0 morphs enabled (0 failed), 0 morphs disabled (0 failed). I load my g8f and she is completely blank, no morphs at all. I exit, re-launch, and load the test figure. She loads fine, no errors, still no morphs. I re-launch TL and the mystery morphs are still listed and still checked as enabled.

My database is on an external ssd. I just located the TL cache in C:ProgramData:Daz 3d:Turbo Loader. All of the morphs im trying to get rid of are still listed in the cache. I read about an option in the documentation to refresh the cache but I havent seen it in TL.

Are the morph files on disk?  Did you CLEAR the morph list before rescanning?  (usually you do not do this, but since you have enabled all morphs, this is safe).  If you have cleared the morph list and the files are not on disk, there is no way that they would be detected in a new scan.

Ill keep looking to see if its an error on my side. I have been clearing the morph list and ive reset the content directory and the morph directory. I keep coming up blank though. Either way, ill let you know what happens in a few days... Ill give you a break for the weekend :))

Still an outstanding program. I use it everyday and its opened up so much more potential in my d3d!

Could you perhaps share a video of what you are doing?  There really is no way for TL to find morphs that don't exist on disk. With the morphs you think are deleted, double click on one and TL will open up File Explorer to where it thinks it found it.

Thats a cool feature, ill try that. I cant really do a video but if I still have problems, ill write it out like im doing a bug report.

Good luck!

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited August 2022

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

How do you remove morphs from the TLManager? I have some products that are no longer in my database but still show up in the list of morphs.

Hmmm, that is something I hadn't thought about.  I would enable ALL morphs (or reset Content directories), clear the list, and then rescan.

If you cleared the list and rescan and they showed up, that means the morphs are still there.  They should show up.  You would have to delete the morph files for them not to be found.

Yah theyve already been deleted from my ssd. Im wondering if im on the current version though. Ill check version numbers and re-install if I have to.

Ok, so to rehash, the morphs had been deleted from my ssd previous to this issue. I have reinstalled TL. I have enabled/disabled all my morphs and re-scanned in TL. The morphs still show up. As an experiment, I enabled all of the mystery morphs to see what would happen if I tried to load them onto my g8f. TL completes the process with no errors and states "0 morphs enabled (0 failed), 0 morphs disabled (0 failed). I load my g8f and she is completely blank, no morphs at all. I exit, re-launch, and load the test figure. She loads fine, no errors, still no morphs. I re-launch TL and the mystery morphs are still listed and still checked as enabled.

My database is on an external ssd. I just located the TL cache in C:ProgramData:Daz 3d:Turbo Loader. All of the morphs im trying to get rid of are still listed in the cache. I read about an option in the documentation to refresh the cache but I havent seen it in TL.

Are the morph files on disk?  Did you CLEAR the morph list before rescanning?  (usually you do not do this, but since you have enabled all morphs, this is safe).  If you have cleared the morph list and the files are not on disk, there is no way that they would be detected in a new scan.

Ill keep looking to see if its an error on my side. I have been clearing the morph list and ive reset the content directory and the morph directory. I keep coming up blank though. Either way, ill let you know what happens in a few days... Ill give you a break for the weekend :))

Still an outstanding program. I use it everyday and its opened up so much more potential in my d3d!

Could you perhaps share a video of what you are doing?  There really is no way for TL to find morphs that don't exist on disk. With the morphs you think are deleted, double click on one and TL will open up File Explorer to where it thinks it found it.

Thats a cool feature, ill try that. I cant really do a video but if I still have problems, ill write it out like im doing a bug report.

Good luck!

So, if I double click on the mystery morphs in TL, nothing happens. File explorer does not launch. File explorer does launch when I double click any other morph in TL.

Do you think it might be possible that the cache is keeping a record of those morphs because a scene exists in which those morphs were used?

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

Good luck!

So, if I double click on the mystery morphs in TL, nothing happens. File explorer does not launch. File explorer does launch when I double click any other morph in TL.

Do you think it might be possible that the cache is keeping a record of those morphs because a scene exists in which those morphs were used?

There may be references around to the morphs, but the morphs themselves are missing so it will skip finding and loading them. 

I hate to belabor this point.  Are you sure you CLEAR the morph list (nothing at all in the list) before clicking "Scan for Morphs..."?  To be extra sure: Clear the list, click Save Settings, close TL, open TL to make sure the list is empty, and heck shutdown DS and restart DS before starting TL to "Scan for Morphs".  If that doesn't work, I am baffled at this point.

• RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

Good luck!

There may be references around to the morphs, but the morphs themselves are missing so it will skip finding and loading them. 

I hate to belabor this point.  Are you sure you CLEAR the morph list (nothing at all in the list) before clicking "Scan for Morphs..."?  To be extra sure: Clear the list, click Save Settings, close TL, open TL to make sure the list is empty, and heck shutdown DS and restart DS before starting TL to "Scan for Morphs".  If that doesn't work, I am baffled at this point.

OH JEEZ!!!

Yah, ok, we can chalk this one up to a big old USER ERRORRRRRR....... sorry about that. The "clear" button, I had mistaken as a clear filters button. Uncheck All/ Execute was what I was understanding as "Clear",Sheesh. Sorry for giving you the run around. I feel like I need to go to your store and buy a couple products now. Thanks for sticking with me though RSA, I really appreciate it. At least I learned more about TL!!! laugh...blush...crying

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

RiverSoftArt said:

AnotherUserName said:

Hi all,

Good luck!

OH JEEZ!!!

Yah, ok, we can chalk this one up to a big old USER ERRORRRRRR....... sorry about that. The "clear" button, I had mistaken as a clear filters button. Uncheck All/ Execute was what I was understanding as "Clear",Sheesh. Sorry for giving you the run around. I feel like I need to go to your store and buy a couple products now. Thanks for sticking with me though RSA, I really appreciate it. At least I learned more about TL!!! laugh...blush...crying

LOL.  I had a feeling it was user error but I didn't want to say that laugh  I am just glad we are on the same page now and everything is working.  

• gellenburggellenburg Posts: 17
    edited September 2022

I have a strange issue where Turbo Loader isn't "seeing" all of my products.

I have repeatedly gone through the "Enable All" and "Reset Content Directories" and for both G8F and G8M Turbo Loader isn't seeing all of my products that are installed.

Even tried clearing out the txt files in the Cache folder and "Scan for Morphs" again.

No luck.

The only thing that brings them back is to re-install them with DIM!

And I HAVE confirmed that there are NO *.TLOFF files in my /data directory.

This is driving me insane.

Edit: I three Content Directories configured in Conent Library: "My DAZ 3D Library" which is what got installed by default (Drive F:) and "Third-Party Library" for all my Rendo*++ purchases, and a "Dev" content library for some things I'm working on (though it's currently empty and not enabled).

I also use 4.20 Pro and 4.20 Pro Public Beta though I'm experiencing this problem with the stable release and NOT the public beta.

And yes, both installs of Studio have the exact same Content Library configurations.

Post edited by gellenburg on
  • gellenburg said:

I have repeatedly gone through the "Enable All" and "Reset Content Directories" and for both G8F and G8M Turbo Loader isn't seeing all of my products that are installed.

Even tried clearing out the txt files in the Cache folder and "Scan for Morphs" again.

No luck.

Are you logged in?  That can help.  If DS does not provide the metadata for a product, TL has to default to using folder names to make a "pseudo" product.

Edit: I three Content Directories configured in Conent Library: "My DAZ 3D Library" which is what got installed by default (Drive F:) and "Third-Party Library" for all my Rendo*++ purchases, and a "Dev" content library for some things I'm working on (though it's currently empty and not enabled).

I also use 4.20 Pro and 4.20 Pro Public Beta though I'm experiencing this problem with the stable release and NOT the public beta.

And yes, both installs of Studio have the exact same Content Library configurations.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Are you logged in?  That can help.  If DS does not provide the metadata for a product, TL has to default to using folder names to make a "pseudo" product.

No. I'm not logged-in. Every time I login DAZ Connect tries to install products and I hate DAZ Connect.

Forgive my ignorance but why would there be different metadata supplied by DAZ3D.com than what's already installed in my Smart Content?

I'll try logging-in.........

• gellenburg said:

No. I'm not logged-in. Every time I login DAZ Connect tries to install products and I hate DAZ Connect.

Forgive my ignorance but why would there be different metadata supplied by DAZ3D.com than what's already installed in my Smart Content?

I'll try logging-in.........

Using DAZ Connect should only update metadata, not install products automatically.

• This is what I was trying to avoid. :-(

If I accidentally click that icon DAZ Connect is going to download the file.

• gellenburg said:

This is what I was trying to avoid. :-(

If you connect using DAZ Connect, you'll see the metadata update progress on the status bar. Don't click anything, just wait till it's done, and log out.

• gellenburg said:

This is what I was trying to avoid. :-(

As long as the product is installed (has a coloured thumbnail) it will not be downloaded through Connect. If you work offline, once the metadata is up to date, then you will have a chnace to cnacel if you do accidentally try to open an uninstalled product.

edited September 2022

Why would the metadata change and not an Updated file be released that has a new .dsx file to be imported into Postgres? I mean why even have this metadata update thing be online to begin with? I save all of my DIM ZIP files in case I ever need to re-install them. I thought the whole purpose of the the Smart Content and having a Postgres database server running locally on my system was to provide the necessary metadata.

Very confused.

• RiverSoftArt said:

gellenburg said:

No luck.

Ok I refreshed the metadata. Ran the "Enable All" utility and then loaded up TL for G8M and then ran Scan for Morphs.

Trust me when i tell you I have MUCH more than 364 G8M products. MUCH much more.

The above is from DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro.

The following is from 4.20 Pro Public Build ... (And by the way this is much closer to the number of G8M products I have installed though I still think it's a low number.

Interesting side note but updating the metadata with DAZ Connect doesn't seem to have fixed anything. Every product is a "Unknown Product",

• gellenburg said:

RiverSoftArt said:

gellenburg said:

No luck.

Ok I refreshed the metadata. Ran the "Enable All" utility and then loaded up TL for G8M and then ran Scan for Morphs.

Trust me when i tell you I have MUCH more than 364 G8M products. MUCH much more.

The above is from DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro.

The following is from 4.20 Pro Public Build ... (And by the way this is much closer to the number of G8M products I have installed though I still think it's a low number.

Interesting side note but updating the metadata with DAZ Connect doesn't seem to have fixed anything. Every product is a "Unknown Product",

Strange.  That should have definitely helped.   All morphs are still enabled and then you cleared the list and rescanned? 

The other question is, in the Pro version, what directories are in the Content Directory Manager?  TL "knows" only the directories that DS knows about.  If some directories are hidden from DS, they will be hidden from TL.

edited September 2022

Same exact config for both. Same directories. Same order. (I double-checked this morning just in case the order was different. Certainly there's more "data" (pun intended) in the My DAZ 3D Library as opposed to my Third-Party Library Content directories.

All morphs are still enabled and then you cleared the list and rescanned? 

Several times. Over the past couple of days I've physically deleted the cache files out of the Turbo Loader Configuration folder just to be sure.

I've even run the "Disable All" utility and the "Enable All" utility a couple of times.

Even ran the Reset Morph Directory button and pointed it to /data so it went through and scanned the entire hierarchy to enable stuff even! (It only found 20 items but I don't remember which "Generation" of character they were from.)

Public Beta:

Pro:

• gellenburg said:

Same exact config for both. Same directories. Same order. (I double-checked this morning just in case the order was different. Certainly there's more "data" (pun intended) in the My DAZ 3D Library as opposed to my Third-Party Library Content directories.

All morphs are still enabled and then you cleared the list and rescanned? 

Several times. Over the past couple of days I've physically deleted the cache files out of the Turbo Loader Configuration folder just to be sure.

I've even run the "Disable All" utility and the "Enable All" utility a couple of times.

Even ran the Reset Morph Directory button and pointed it to /data so it went through and scanned the entire hierarchy to enable stuff even! (It only found 20 items but I don't remember which "Generation" of character they were from.)

Public Beta:

Pro:

Are all those directories where everything is?  Nothing hidden?  If so, I will provide you a test script to tell you what TL thinks it sees.

• Yeah no, I don't have any "hidden" directories. DIM installs everything into My DAZ 3D Library, that's the one I use for strictly DAZ content. Third-Party is for everything else that's "non-DAZ". Never even explored the concept of hidden content directories with Studio. Drive F: is an 8TB SSD.

• tfistfis Posts: 129

RiverSoftArt said:

tfis said:

Will Turbo Loader make the animation preview faster?

I am not sure.  I think it might, but I don't know for sure.

Does someone know?

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,100
    edited September 2022

do we have to use the enable all morphs option before we uninstall stuff .. cause if the program can't find load them without the right extension can DIM unistall them with a different extension? 
    still don't have a lot of timings.. but it did take 28 minutes for TL to scan all the G3F morphs. 
    ---
    One of my figures that was taking 10 minutes now loads in 5...
    but it is a g8 body with a g1 head because the moprhs I need to make the head can't be done in later versions as a posslible limit by daz on parameters. 
    better said as a G8 body with a schrunken invisible head with a G1 Head with a shrunken invisible body attached to the neck

rip 214 9m42s 2048i.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by alan bard newcomer on
  • alan bard newcomer said:

do we have to use the enable all morphs option before we uninstall stuff .. cause if the program can't find load them without the right extension can DIM unistall them with a different extension? 
    still don't have a lot of timings.. but it did take 28 minutes for TL to scan all the G3F morphs. 
    ---
    but it is a g8 body with a g1 head because the moprhs I need to make the head can't be done in later versions as a posslible limit by daz on parameters. 
    better said as a G8 body with a schrunken invisible head with a G1 Head with a shrunken invisible body attached to the neck

Yes, you need to re-enable the morphs if you want a clean install. As DIM has not installed any *.tloff files (the extension that all disabled morphs will get), it cannot uninstall. However, morph files are not that large. You might decide to just leave the *tloff files where they are. Apart from taking up (little) space on your drive, I have not seen any other side effects of leaving the files where they are. If you re-install your character, and re-run TL, it can overwrite the disabled morphs left over from the last installation of that character. 

• alan bard newcomer said:

If you want to uninstall a product, you should enable its morphs in TL first.  The .tlOff morphs would not be found by DIM, leaving the files and the directories they are in littering your HD

---

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

alan bard newcomer said:

---

Yes, you need to re-enable the morphs if you want a clean install. As DIM has not installed any *.tloff files (the extension that all disabled morphs will get), it cannot uninstall. However, morph files are not that large. You might decide to just leave the *tloff files where they are. Apart from taking up (little) space on your drive, I have not seen any other side effects of leaving the files where they are. If you re-install your character, and re-run TL, it can overwrite the disabled morphs left over from the last installation of that character. 

other the years I have accumulated many characters of no use to my regular work...  you buy a cheap package on sale the includes character, outfits, and texture options and it's cheaper to buy the package. 
    I can't think of a single pro character* I've used with any regularity and moving them to a new folder which is what I was planning to do before turbo would make even the new loads faster because somehow there are characters that daz saved with settings at zero and they still get triggered for loading.  I uninstalled all freak content because there was one set of bad morphs that messed up g3f (don't have a clue) but I still occasionally load a character with a zeroed freak or a zeroed setting from another character and something in the way they're saved urges to turbo to load them.
    But I think I'm seeing that more in files from way back before I forbade to compress them.  
    *I got a lot of pro packages over the years until they dropped to 8 items from 12 because the contents of the package came out to a buck or two each. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

There is an update for the Turbo Loaders.  What has changed?  Will an update to the booster utilities be required?

• Sevrin said:

There is an update for the Turbo Loaders.  What has changed?  Will an update to the booster utilities be required?

From the readme:

• Added behavior to add a product name to the wAddFilteredProductName text box when the user double clicks on a product name in the morph list. Note that this does NOT add the product name to the Filtered Product list; it adds it to the text box so the user can choose to add the product name by clicking Add

• Updated data/RiverSoft Art/Common files for Turbo Loader Booster Utilities update

There will be an update to Turbo Loader Booster Utilities coming out today hopefully.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Sevrin said:

From the readme:

• Added behavior to add a product name to the wAddFilteredProductName text box when the user double clicks on a product name in the morph list. Note that this does NOT add the product name to the Filtered Product list; it adds it to the text box so the user can choose to add the product name by clicking Add

• Updated data/RiverSoft Art/Common files for Turbo Loader Booster Utilities update

There will be an update to Turbo Loader Booster Utilities coming out today hopefully.

The Booster update has just been made available. 

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 567
    edited September 2022

got this when it came out but not really played with it untill

"

Ok so my daz studio (4.16) is messed up

I have installed a good number of figures ( G8 & 8.1 mainly) today and I am now getting this message pop up when I  load a G8 figure (Duplicate formulas found in files)

I click ok and the figure loads fine after a very long time and I can carry on no problems noted."

thanks to 

outrider42 said:

You can delete one of the morphs causing the conflict until it is resolved.

I have found the Turbo Loader product is a great way to temporarily remove morphs easily. It is also good for trouble shooting, since it lists all your installed morphs in an easy to digest way. Plus if by chance this is never resolved or you have conflicts by content made outside the Daz store, Turbo Loader is a good way to handle them without actually nuking the products from your library."

I got turbo loader some time ago but never goy around to looking at it.

After 10 mins i foung one of the duplicate formulas lacey shoe pose, untick it in Turbo Loader and bingo figure loads no problem.

So many thanks outrider42.

just waiting for tec support to come up with a fix, i did install DS4.2 after they said they could not help with DS4.16 and I should install the beta. 

I jumped in with both feet and installed DS4.20 it did jack to fix this.

so thanks RiverSoftArt not only for some bloody good programs but for helping to save the day.

Post edited by myotherworld on
  • myotherworld said:

got this when it came out but not really played with it untill

"

Ok so my daz studio (4.16) is messed up

I have installed a good number of figures ( G8 & 8.1 mainly) today and I am now getting this message pop up when I  load a G8 figure (Duplicate formulas found in files)

I click ok and the figure loads fine after a very long time and I can carry on no problems noted."

thanks to 

outrider42 said:

You can delete one of the morphs causing the conflict until it is resolved.

I have found the Turbo Loader product is a great way to temporarily remove morphs easily. It is also good for trouble shooting, since it lists all your installed morphs in an easy to digest way. Plus if by chance this is never resolved or you have conflicts by content made outside the Daz store, Turbo Loader is a good way to handle them without actually nuking the products from your library."

I got turbo loader some time ago but never goy around to looking at it.

After 10 mins i foung one of the duplicate formulas lacey shoe pose, untick it in Turbo Loader and bingo figure loads no problem.

So many thanks outrider42.

just waiting for tec support to come up with a fix, i did install DS4.2 after they said they could not help with DS4.16 and I should install the beta. 

I jumped in with both feet and installed DS4.20 it did jack to fix this.

so thanks RiverSoftArt not only for some bloody good programs but for helping to save the day.

LOL.  You are very welcome! laugh

• I'm so sorry if this has been addressed somewhere in these twelve pages, I skimmed but didn't see what I'm wondering. So this makes loading times super quick, but will that help setting keyframes for animation as well? I don't know if morphs affects this or not. If I select all children of a character and click set keyframe, sometimes it takes three or four minutes to set a keyframe, whereas I just hit I in Blender or S in Maya and it happens instantaneously for the entire rig. Will this product help bring that three or four minutes down in time to a matter of seconds, or at least something manageable? Nothing stalls being in the animation zone more than setting a keyframe and then having to putz around on facebook or youtube for a few minutes waiting to continue. 

• benniewoodell said:

I'm so sorry if this has been addressed somewhere in these twelve pages, I skimmed but didn't see what I'm wondering. So this makes loading times super quick, but will that help setting keyframes for animation as well? I don't know if morphs affects this or not. If I select all children of a character and click set keyframe, sometimes it takes three or four minutes to set a keyframe, whereas I just hit I in Blender or S in Maya and it happens instantaneously for the entire rig. Will this product help bring that three or four minutes down in time to a matter of seconds, or at least something manageable? Nothing stalls being in the animation zone more than setting a keyframe and then having to putz around on facebook or youtube for a few minutes waiting to continue. 

I am sure it helps as all the parameters need to update, but I am unsure how much (nor have I tested it).  You can always buy it, try it, and return it if it doesn't help.