Carrara 8.5 pro issue

Good day! I wonder if anyone could tell me if they've managed to use carrara 8.5 pro along with windows 11? it worked fine with windows 10. I read that Huion Tablet Drivers can cause an issue so i've unistalled them for now but still no luck opening carrara.

seems to install ok, try to open it and it flashes for a second but doesn't open.

many thanks

Comments

• hmmm....so i just installed a little wacom CTH 690 tablet. Re-installed Carrara...works no problem. so now i need to figure out if the huion drivers will break it again..:) don't mind me..i often talk to myself..:P

• thank you sooo much, i will give that a go..:)

• PGrePGre Posts: 95

Is your symptom that carrara opens and closes so fast you barely see it? I have a workaround for the 610pro (2048) which is capped at driver version 12.X.X. that doesn't involve deleting or renaming anything in the system folder. Restart your system and try to start Carrara. If crashes right away look for an icon on your desktop or in the little "^" menu at the bottom right of your screen. It should be green and black and the tooltip will say "Pen Tablet Driver" Double click it and you should get a window that allows you to configure the tablet. Close out of the window and try to open Carrara. If it worked, Yay! you can add this item to the startup sequence or just remember to double click this icon after every restart and prior to using Carrara. This worked for me from 2018 to 2020 until I switched to a wacom.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

Mine seems to be an extensions issue... but which one? Argh!

It seems to start just fine, but crashes when the main GUI normally opens up.

I suppose the next step will have to be pulling out plugins one-by-one until I find the culprit.

Strange.

BTW - I sure miss you all!!!

Lots of drumming, almost crippled (trying to overcome that), work is nuts and we're really close to becoming homeless. So I've been just keeping my nose to the grindstone.

• Dart, sorry you are having issues!

Thanks for checking in.  Several regulars have disappeared in the last year, so you always wonder.

I hope that life gets better for you.  If it wassn't for your early encouragement, I would likely not be here.

• Dartanbeck said:

I suppose the next step will have to be pulling out plugins one-by-one until I find the culprit.

Strange.

Lots of drumming, almost crippled (trying to overcome that), work is nuts and we're really close to becoming homeless. So I've been just keeping my nose to the grindstone.

A quicker approach is to remove half of them, then see if it crashes. If it doesn't switch to the other half. Keep splitting them in half until you find the one that's causing the problem. 

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Dartanbeck said:

Miss you as well.  Sorry about your troubles.  Wishing you the best.

Thanks, my friend!

Rosie manages to make sure that I always have at least a couple of hour to animate/render each night.

What would I ever do without her... hope I'll never have to find out!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,529

Dart, sorry to hear about your woes, hope everything improves !!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

Hi dart

hang in there

That's Awesome!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Dartanbeck said:

That's Awesome!

+1

I'm honored! I have a Stezza modeled after me!

Wait... does that mean that I've been boned by Stezza too? blush

Boned by the Grumpy Pidgeon!

Oh... and we'll be fine. We're both very used to being incredibly poor. Work my arse off all day, help folks in ways that other's just don't think of, carry all of the heavy stuff (with my broken feet!!!), yet incredibly low wages. 

Drumming helps me forget all of that.

Our crowds have been numbering in the hundreds - which really fills the till of those we play for, so we get to play all the time everywhere. Lots of high-energy fun on a blissful instrument!

Dartanbeck said:

Wait... does that mean that I've been boned by Stezza too? blush

boned and morphed! devil  angel

with a bit of weight painting as well smiley 

Dartanbeck said:

Boned by the Grumpy Pidgeon!

laugh

LOL!!!!

Awesome!!!

Dartanbeck said:

Of all things! Turned out to be Fenric's ERC for Carrara.

I currently have my Carrara 8.5 Pro up and running, but without very many plugins. I'll get the rest installed shortly.

Sure is a treat to be back in Carrara!

I have to say, I am very pleased that I've taken all that time to figure more out about Studio. It all would have been very sad if I couldn't get Carrara back, however, because that was the whole plan: to use both.

Rosie 7 in Daz Studio's Iray.

Unfortunately, I cannot run Rosie 7 in Carrara. She requires dForce, VWD and Iray. However, this whole experiment is working. I can do my Daz Studio work and Carrara work together, which is really an interesting trip!