Retro Muscle Car Poses

crpcrp Posts: 68

Since this month's freebie challenge is:

Figured I'd make the poses I used for these pics available:

Retro Muscle Car Pose 1CRP Retro Muscle Car Pose 2Retro Muscle Car Pose 3

CRP Retro Muscle Car Poses

A set of 3 poses created to be used with the Retro Muscle Car by Polish (https://www.daz3d.com/retro-muscle-car) but could work with other cars.

Included in this set are the 3 in place poses, in place poses with expressions used in demo, use anywhere poses as well as top and bottom partials.

To install unzip the files and copy the contents of the "My Library" folder to your preferred DAZ Content Library folder.

Once extracted they can be found under People - Genesis 8 Female - Poses - crp - Retro Muscle Car

Also included are various zero poses as well as zero full & center poses to zero out the poses and reset position to 0,0,0.

You may use the content in your commercial or non-commercial renders.

But content may not be re-distributed.

Should be up on Renderocity as soon as it's approved as well.

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
    edited September 2022

These are in the featured freebies section of one of the recent Renderosity email's. They're definitely warrant inclusion. Congratulations. Regards, Richard.

Oh, forgot to ask, which character is the model? Looks Mousso-like but I don't altogether recognize her, Blue + someone else? Looks almost too slender too.

Post edited by richardandtracy on
  • These poses are useful. Than you to the OP! Also, may I ask the OP how you lit the renders in addition to the HDRIs? I always have fits lighting interior vehicle shots. Thank you again!

• crpcrp Posts: 68

richardandtracy said:

These are in the featured freebies section of one of the recent Renderosity email's. They're definitely warrant inclusion. Congratulations. Regards, Richard.

Oh, forgot to ask, which character is the model? Looks Mousso-like but I don't altogether recognize her, Blue + someone else? Looks almost too slender too.

You have a very good eye @richardandtracy! It is in fact Blue from Mousso but with some body morphs.

RenderPretender said:

Also, may I ask the OP how you lit the renders in addition to the HDRIs? I always have fits lighting interior vehicle shots. Thank you again!

Of course, I know that challenge very well and tried all different things! For this one, I used the HDRI for the overall environment & feel. The interior lights in the car; dash and headlamp as emissives in the temperature range I was looking for to give it that vibe and created a basic plane behind the camera as an white light emissive as the "spotlight" to brighten things up a bit.

• crp said:

RenderPretender said:

Also, may I ask the OP how you lit the renders in addition to the HDRIs? I always have fits lighting interior vehicle shots. Thank you again!

Of course, I know that challenge very well and tried all different things! For this one, I used the HDRI for the overall environment & feel. The interior lights in the car; dash and headlamp as emissives in the temperature range I was looking for to give it that vibe and created a basic plane behind the camera as an white light emissive as the "spotlight" to brighten things up a bit.

Thank you for your reply! I'll try a plane behind the camera the next time I encounter this situation, though I know that placement of a fill light directly in line with the camera can flatten details if you're not careful.

• I've used these in a couple of test renders and they worked out well.The second one, girl sitting sideways, works even better if you shift her to the back seat.

Thank you.

• An example of one of the poses in use:

Diem car pose 02.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 2M

Matt_Brown said:

An example of one of the poses in use:

Nice!

May I ask, what Background did you use for that render?  I'm looking for one like that.

• crp said:

Matt_Brown said:

Nice!

May I ask, what Background did you use for that render?  I'm looking for one like that.

The background was "New York Tenaments 2." I just parked the car at the side of the street.

Matt_Brown said:

The background was "New York Tenaments 2." I just parked the car at the side of the street.

Thanks!  And I see that it's on sale now.......

@richardandtracy reminded me that I should include the mirror poses for UK G8Fs to drive their cars!

Also, added a few more poses.  Should be up on renderocity as soon as it goes through their approvals. 

• Matt_Brown said:

Excellent! Did you use an emissive plane behind the camera as well to light her in the car? If so, care to share details?

• RenderPretender said:

Matt_Brown said:

Excellent! Did you use an emissive plane behind the camera as well to light her in the car? If so, care to share details?

Thank you. I'm traveling and away from my Daz capable computer right now so this is as best that I remember it. No, the interior of the car is simply lit by the cars own interior light (all car lights set to on). The camera was placed just inside the open door to avoid reflections and the lens was set to 50mm to get the required angle. The exterior of the car was lit with the "IBL - Horse Tails" HDRI. I hope this all helps.

I'm planning to use a couple more of CRP'snew poses as soon as I get home. If I do I will try to post more detail with them.

Best regards,

Matt

• Matt_Brown said:

RenderPretender said:

Matt_Brown said:

Thank you. I'm traveling and away from my Daz capable computer right now so this is as best that I remember it. No, the interior of the car is simply lit by the cars own interior light (all car lights set to on). The camera was placed just inside the open door to avoid reflections and the lens was set to 50mm to get the required angle. The exterior of the car was lit with the "IBL - Horse Tails" HDRI. I hope this all helps.

I'm planning to use a couple more of CRP'snew poses as soon as I get home. If I do I will try to post more detail with them.

Best regards,

Matt

Indeed it does help! Thank you so much! I'm always happy to hear details on lighting interior car shots. It can be really frustrating to make it look natural if you're shooting from the dark side of an HDRI.

• Here is another of CRP's fine poses at work. As before a few minor adjustments to better fit my particular character. Once again, thank you.

Diem car pose 03.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
  • And another one! In the past I've paid good money for poses that aren't half as good as these! Thank you CRP!

Diem car pose 06.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
  • RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited October 2022

These are excellent indeed! A starting the car and driving it seem like logical additions, if I may suggest that. Thanks to crp!

Post edited by RenderPretender on

RenderPretender said:

These are excellent indeed! A starting the car and driving it seem like logical additions, if I may suggest that. Thanks to crp!

Of course, kind of like these?

I'll upload later to renderocity along with an G8M driving pose.

rmcp09.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 347K
    rmcp10.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 353K

Matt_Brown said:

Here is another of CRP's fine poses at work. As before a few minor adjustments to better fit my particular character. Once again, thank you.

Glad you enjoy them!

I have to ask, what model is that you are using?  Reminds me of an old friend of mine.

• crp said:

Matt_Brown said:

Here is another of CRP's fine poses at work. As before a few minor adjustments to better fit my particular character. Once again, thank you.

Glad you enjoy them!

I have to ask, what model is that you are using?  Reminds me of an old friend of mine.

The model is based on Diem by Mousso https://www.daz3d.com/diem-hd-for-genesis-8-female

I then tweeked Mousso's Diem give her more of a realistic "girl next door." Basically, 20% shorter legs, 15% smaller breasts, slightly wider hips, and a couple of plates of swandwiches. Still beautiful but without the supermodel look.

Diem and Laurence 03.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 3M
  • Don't understand.

If her legs are shorter, how do they reach her feet? frown

Regards,

Richard

• Matt_BrownMatt_Brown Posts: 172
    edited October 2022

richardandtracy said:

Don't understand.

Regards,

Richard

Just set the leg length dial to -20%. It makes the model shorter while leaving the torso the original length. DAZ figures tend to have long compared to the average person in the street.

Post edited by Matt_Brown on
  • crp said:

RenderPretender said:

Of course, kind of like these?

I'll upload later to renderocity along with an G8M driving pose.

Excellent! Thank you so much!

• Matt_Brown said:

richardandtracy said:

Don't understand.

Regards,

Richard

Just set the leg length dial to -20%. It makes the model shorter while leaving the torso the original length. DAZ figures tend to have long compared to the average person in the street.

Sorry, I was just being silly, I do understand that. It's a running joke where I work: We had a container with a removable trolley & folding legs that were unfolded as the trolley was withdrawn from the container. The Technical Director thought the legs looked a bit long and spindly and asked why the legs were that long. The reply of 'So they can reach the ground' left him speechless for a minute or two before he realised it was referring to the point at which the trolley was being withdrawn rather than when it's on the ground when any length would do...

Regards,

Richard

• richardandtracy said:

Sorry, I was just being silly, I do understand that. It's a running joke where I work: We had a container with a removable trolley & folding legs that were unfolded as the trolley was withdrawn from the container. The Technical Director thought the legs looked a bit long and spindly and asked why the legs were that long. The reply of 'So they can reach the ground' left him speechless for a minute or two before he realised it was referring to the point at which the trolley was being withdrawn rather than when it's on the ground when any length would do...

Regards,

Richard

I thought you were at first and answered with just the word, Gravity. Then I thought that if were acutually confused you would think that I was a right a-hole; therefore, I edited it.

BTW thank you for giving away the freestuff that you do. My wife found the "Backache Poses from Wearing High Heels" very funny!

Best regards,

Matt

• Why, thank you. I'm so pleased to hear it. The backache poses were inspired by another bit of silliness. If I remember rightly someone on the forum here was saying that all the high heels would cause backache. So what else could I do other than show how true it was. My wife simply can't wear high heels because she'd end up breaking an ankle, wouldn't just stop at backache. Regards, Richard.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited October 2022

richardandtracy said:

Why, thank you. I'm so pleased to hear it. The backache poses were inspired by another bit of silliness. If I remember rightly someone on the forum here was saying that all the high heels would cause backache. So what else could I do other than show how true it was. My wife simply can't wear high heels because she'd end up breaking an ankle, wouldn't just stop at backache. Regards, Richard.

I guess I have weak ankles. I can fall off a flat shoe. 

(oops - typo fixed)

Post edited by barbult on