Gemma Ward look-alike (attempt)

IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
edited September 2022 in Art Studio

I have made a first attempt at a Gemma Ward look-alike morph (see attached image). You guys have much better artistic eyes than me so, what do you think I could do to get closer to the real thing?

More pronounced cheek bones? Something about the eyes?

Post edited by IsaacNewton on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

I think her eyebrows should be a little lower, and her lips a little fuller. The nose shape and general face construction looks pretty solid to me, though.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

The last image of her has her chin going in more to a pointier chin,  but in the other images it isn't. I think your chin looks very similar to the first images but it depends which image you're most trying to emulate.

• Gordig said:

I think her eyebrows should be a little lower, and her lips a little fuller. The nose shape and general face construction looks pretty solid to me, though.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. smiley

• Pendraia said:

The last image of her has her chin going in more to a pointier chin,  but in the other images it isn't. I think your chin looks very similar to the first images but it depends which image you're most trying to emulate.

Yes, I noticed the pointier chin on the last image. Experimenting with my own chin, I think that may be due to her lowering her lower jaw whilst her mouth is still fairly closed.

I will check whether G8f emulates that effect.

Cheers. 

• I always work on the profile first, then get things in place from front view. You need to find photos from all angles and check your model against those angles. You have to see it in 3D.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited September 2022

Cris Palomino said:

I always work on the profile first, then get things in place from front view. You need to find photos from all angles and check your model against those angles. You have to see it in 3D.

Good point Cris. I do have a profile pic of Gemma Ward, I think, but haven't done that yet. Next on the list wink

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Cris Palomino said:

I always work on the profile first, then get things in place from front view. You need to find photos from all angles and check your model against those angles. You have to see it in 3D.

Thanks for the tip!