Growing Up for Genesis 9 (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
edited October 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products

This is the Official Growing Up for Genesis 9 thread.

Please make sure you have the latest updated version.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited August 2022

Ha!  Can't fool me.  I see that snowman sitting in a puddle of milk in the middle of a blizzard! 

Post edited by Cybersox on
  • Oh wow, I will will need this immediately!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

Boy, can't wait any longer!

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

Crossing my fingers for XTransfer G8 to G9.

• Have my hopes and fingers crossed that the wizards, Zev0 and Discobob are burning the midnight oil creating Skin Builder 9. Anyone else have thoughts and or hopes for this? Would be a instant buy for mesmileyyes !

• Thank you for getting this out quickly.

One small problem. All the 5-year-olds I've known have been flat chested. These are not. I guess we'll have to wait until the Genesis 9 Body Morphs are released for this to be fixed.

A link to the product page is helpful for those who use Daz-Deals, so https://www.daz3d.com/growing-up-for-genesis-9

Binaries Torturer said:

One small problem. All the 5-year-olds I've known have been flat chested. These are not. I guess we'll have to wait until the Genesis 9 Body Morphs are released for this to be fixed.

Yeah, my experience so far is that the Growing Up morph almost entirely overrides the masculine and feminine sliders, and the slider doesn't appear to affect the chest at all.

• I could bet the missing Body morph pack is the Problem there 

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388
    edited October 2022

It doesn't state there is a requirement for any other product so either the product is incomplete/the wrong version has been distributed or the product page needs updating with requirements (even if the product required isn't yet available - which is absurd in itself).

Post edited by Frinkky on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    The breasts on a young child look very wrong. That has kept it out of my cart for now.
  • StarLabzStarLabz Posts: 57
    edited October 2022

This is indeed the case with the chest  issue when dialing in younger characters.  The cbs (What DAZ is calling the new jcms i beleive for g9) that work with the BODY dials that havenet been released yet. 

I/m happy that zev0 released this already but until the BODY morphs are released, you cannot use the characters correctly yet unfortunatley.

Zev0, maybe yuou need to contact DAZ and relate to them that they need to update the profile for the product to say what is needed as for right now it doesnt!

Thanks as always!

Post edited by StarLabz on
  • Ok, so I just bought and loaded this product, restarted Daz Studio and reloaded Genesis 9 figure to be sure of a stable base. Most of the morphs do not work - you slide them and nothing happens, you type in a percent and it just reverts to 0%. As StarLabz notes, I suspect this is because the head and body morphs have not yet been released, yet these are not listed as requirements. What a train wreck this week has been. One screw up after another. I have full confidence that Zev0 will sort this out, but I really cannot do much with V9 or G9 until these issues are sorted out and a pose converter released.

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

Hi. Let me address the breast issue. First of all in the promos, I used Genesis 8 clothing since no Genesis 9 clothing was available at the time of developement, so the projection of the chest looks a bit strong. I couldn't dial up a flat chest because the clothing crumbled in that area on that top. Secondly, instead of a native breast gone morph, this Growing Up works with Daz's breast gone morph. It is supported there. I can add a native one for this package if that is what people want. What will also be added is a projection morph for clothing, specially for flat chested characters, but in order to do that I need more native Genesis 9 clothing sets to test. Regardless, I will add a native flat chested morph since I am being spammed with this request in my PM's. Thank you all for the support.

edited October 2022

w_r_brook_ec9f3e956e said:

Ok, so I just bought and loaded this product, restarted Daz Studio and reloaded Genesis 9 figure to be sure of a stable base. Most of the morphs do not work - you slide them and nothing happens, you type in a percent and it just reverts to 0%. As StarLabz notes, I suspect this is because the head and body morphs have not yet been released, yet these are not listed as requirements. What a train wreck this week has been. One screw up after another. I have full confidence that Zev0 will sort this out, but I really cannot do much with V9 or G9 until these issues are sorted out and a pose converter released.

Most of the morphs require 'GU Youth Based Morph' to be dialled in, even just 0.001. But, yes the product is not usable until the supposed requirement of G9 body morphs is actually released.

edited October 2022

Ok, so I just bought and loaded this product, restarted Daz Studio and reloaded Genesis 9 figure to be sure of a stable base. Most of the morphs do not work - you slide them and nothing happens, you type in a percent and it just reverts to 0%. As StarLabz notes, I suspect this is because the head and body morphs have not yet been released, yet these are not listed as requirements. What a train wreck this week has been. One screw up after another. I have full confidence that Zev0 will sort this out, but I really cannot do much with V9 or G9 until these issues are sorted out and a pose converter released.

Hi. Did you read the pdf? There is a section that explains this under usage tips.

"If you dial any of the Youth specific morphs while the Youth Base Morph is at 0 value, you will
    see no changes to those dials. They are designed only to activate once the Youth Base Morph
    has a dialed value. If you try to dial up any of them they will have a value based on how
    much you tried to dial it up, but will only reflect once the Base Youth Morph has been activated.

When using any Neutralize Morphs, they must not exceed the value of the Youth Base Morph in
    order for them to work correctly. Secondly, some morphs will auto undial to prevent stacking.
    For Example -  if you have GU Youth Neutralize Head dialed there is no need for the
    GU Youth Neutralize Nose dial to be active as well."

Post edited by Zev0 on

Frinkky said:

Most of the morphs require 'GU Youth Based Morph' to be dialled in, even just 0.001. But, yes the product is not usable until the supposed requirement of G9 body morphs is actually released.

Do you guys have the Femine and Masculine base morphs?

Zev0 said:

Frinkky said:

Do you guys have the Femine and Masculine base morphs?

Yep. 

• Zev0 said:

Hi. Did you read the pdf? There is a section that explains this under usage tips.

"If you dial any of the Youth specific morphs while the Youth Base Morph is at 0 value, you will
    see no changes to those dials. They are designed only to activate once the Youth Base Morph
    has a dialed value. If you try to dial up any of them they will have a value based on how
    much you tried to dial it up, but will only reflect once the Base Youth Morph has been activated.

When using any Neutralize Morphs, they must not exceed the value of the Youth Base Morph in
    order for them to work correctly. Secondly, some morphs will auto undial to prevent stacking.
    For Example -  if you have GU Youth Neutralize Head dialed there is no need for the
    GU Youth Neutralize Nose dial to be active as well."

Read the manual? Of course not! Apologies. Just assumed it would work the same way as your previous GU products...

Attached two images, one just dialling in GU, the other using one of the presets.

G9-GU.jpg
    1878 x 1355 - 695K
    G9-GU2.jpg
    1878 x 1355 - 711K

Ok so in conclusion I will be adding a native flat chest morph so there is no reliance on Daz's Breast Gone morph. That is the only area where Daz's body morphs is required.

Frinkky said:

Attached two images, one just dialling in GU, the other using one of the presets.

That does not look correct. The chest is not that pronounced. This is what you should be getting.

Capture.JPG
    826 x 459 - 21K

Zev0 said:

Frinkky said:

That does not look correct. The chest is not that pronounced. This is what you should be getting.

And presumably that's what we would be getting if Daz hadn't made the mistake of releasing your product before the morph packages that you based your product on.

Somethings not right there. I am looking at your hidden dials that are up. This is all you should be having.

Capture.JPG
    350 x 769 - 59K
    edited October 2022

Gordig said:

Zev0 said:

Frinkky said:

And presumably that's what we would be getting if Daz hadn't made the mistake of releasing your product before the morph packages that you based your product on.

Ye I see the problem. I added support for some Daz morphs, but since they are not there for users, it is auto dialing them up. Well that's retarded, they should remain inactive instead of auto dialing...

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited October 2022

Ye I can confirm. If I remove the daz body morphs from my data I get the same results. Going to see if there is a way to keep the supported morphs in, without them auto dialing if the Daz morphs are not present, because this is supposed to be a stanalone product with no added morph packages needed.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited October 2022

Zev0 said:

Gordig said:

Zev0 said:

Frinkky said:

Ye I see the problem. I added support for some Daz morphs, but since they are not there for users, it is auto dialing them up. Well that's retarded, they should remain inactive instead of auto dialing...

That certainly appears to be the problem. I'd suggest then that the onus is on Daz to fix this incorrect behaviour in Studio.

Manually resetting the two breast morphs to 0 appears to fix the issue.

G9-GU3.jpg
    1871 x 1407 - 826K
    edited October 2022

Yep I'm gonna ask why it's doing this. When a linked morph is missing, it should not be auto dialing. It should remain inactive. My apologies for the results users are getting, I did not expect this to happen.frown I will try and upload a quickfix (if possible) here in the thread.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

Growing up is in my cart. I had noticed the breast issue from the promos and in my head wondered if it was the lack of the basic morph packs which we should have had by now. But I love your products and this one especially and after reading this thread, appreciate you listening to everyone and going to the fix. Thank you.

Zev0 said:

Yep I'm gonna ask why it's doing this. When a linked morph is missing, it should not be auto dialing. It should remain inactive. My apologies for the results users are getting, I did not expect this to happen.frown I will try and upload a quickfix (if possible) here in the thread.

My faith in you remains solid. I recognise this is a Daz issue but thank you for assisting. 

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591

Bought I'm sure you will sort it out...