ManFriday's Render Queue (the old one from 2019) [Commercial]

1121314151618»

Comments

• ManFriday said:

I am very happy to announce that my first Daz product has been released today, the Render Queue. Queue up your renders, sleep while you work!

The plugin allows you to render many scenes in sequence without having to sit next to your computer all night to start the next render when the previous is done.

When you are done working on a scene in Daz Studio, you can add it to the Render Queue, set a target image file name, and work on the next scene. When you are done with your day's work, you can open the Render Queue again and press "OK, render the queue", and it will create renders for all the scene files you have added to the queue.

You can go to sleep after starting the renders. Render Queue will process all the scene files you have given to it, restart Daz Studio after each scene to make sure it doesn't run out of memory, and keep a log how long each render has taken. It can even automatically shut down the computer after all renders have finished.

The next morning, you can look at the render queue again to see how everything went.

Please note that at this time the product is Windows only. A Mac version may be added at a later time.

And thanks to Daz for coming up with that great tag line!

Hey, ManFriday, first off, thanks for the awesome program. It has made life so easy. So I am not sure the right place to report something like this but I recently discovered a bug with it. It turns out that for some reason, if you queue a scene with certain elements, in this case "Moshi The Kitten" or Daz Dog 8 with the Oso Dog Fur add-on, it does not generate the fur correctly. I thought maybe I had to enable the "force strand-based hair" setting, but even with that enabled, it still does not render the fur correctly. I am not sure if this is something you can fix, but may want to look into it.

Also, not sure if you can do this, but if you could find some way to allow us to move a set of scenes in the queue in bulk, that would be awesome. I am guessing you have tried but with no luck. It can be so horrible to have to move several scenes in the queue, one at a time lol

Thanks!

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

Mistress Elemental said:

Hey, ManFriday, first off, thanks for the awesome program. It has made life so easy. So I am not sure the right place to report something like this but I recently discovered a bug with it. It turns out that for some reason, if you queue a scene with certain elements, in this case "Moshi The Kitten" or Daz Dog 8 with the Oso Dog Fur add-on, it does not generate the fur correctly. I thought maybe I had to enable the "force strand-based hair" setting, but even with that enabled, it still does not render the fur correctly. I am not sure if this is something you can fix, but may want to look into it.

Also, not sure if you can do this, but if you could find some way to allow us to move a set of scenes in the queue in bulk, that would be awesome. I am guessing you have tried but with no luck. It can be so horrible to have to move several scenes in the queue, one at a time lol

Thanks!

Thank you for the kind words! I have submitted the new version to Daz, which has a lot of changes about dForce hair, and it will also allow for bulk adding scenes. I can't say when it will be released but it should be soon, I hope!

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,798

I am VERY VERY much frustrated.... I use the Script atm. only because I want that my PC turns off, when the Image is done, no more queques.... but.... everytime when I render, the script does turn off Mesh Smoothing on all Clothes during the render.

WHY?!.... I use Daz 4.20.

After loading the scene again, Smoothing is active and all is fine -.-

Example, Smoothing Off:

Smoothing On:

Render:

All the clothes are with holes...

• ManFriday said:

Thank you for the kind words! I have submitted the new version to Daz, which has a lot of changes about dForce hair, and it will also allow for bulk adding scenes. I can't say when it will be released but it should be soon, I hope!

Hi, how long does it normally take for DAZ to check/approve a new version? I can't wait to check out your new features/improvements ;-) 

• Thistle said:

ManFriday said:

Hi, how long does it normally take for DAZ to check/approve a new version? I can't wait to check out your new features/improvements ;-) 

It varies, depending on how busy they are.

• I just realized that all of these posts ended up in the old Render Queue thread. Can we please continue all discussions about Render Queue 3 in the new thread at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/602541/released-manfriday-s-render-queue-3-commercial ? Thank you!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

ManFriday said:

I just realized that all of these posts ended up in the old Render Queue thread. Can we please continue all discussions about Render Queue 3 in the new thread at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/602541/released-manfriday-s-render-queue-3-commercial ? Thank you!

I think you could ask a moderator to move specific messages, because it is very confusing to have them intermingled here.

• barbult said:

ManFriday said:

I just realized that all of these posts ended up in the old Render Queue thread. Can we please continue all discussions about Render Queue 3 in the new thread at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/602541/released-manfriday-s-render-queue-3-commercial ? Thank you!

I think you could ask a moderator to move specific messages, because it is very confusing to have them intermingled here.

Yes, are all the recent posts on the new version?

• Richard Haseltine said:

barbult said:

ManFriday said:

Yes, are all the recent posts on the new version?

Yes, it seems to start here:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7846106/#Comment_7846106

• OK, moved a bunch of posts to the new thead.

• Thank you so much Richard!

• Help ManFriday, my favorite Daz tool has stopped working.  Like so many others, this tool revolutionized how I Daz.  Thank you for it.   I have the original version.  Hopefully you still support it.

I'm getting an immediate freeze when I click on the RQ dropdown menu item in Daz.  Daz freezes immediately.  But my mouse works.  When I click anywhere, I get nothing.  The only way to shut down is task manager.  Interestingly, in TM, Daz does not show it's usual "Not Responding" status and is using no resources.  No processes show in the list as NR.
    I recently moved my desk top computer to a different location.  RQ worked as usual there.  Now I'm back at my normal location and I'm getting this freezeup.   Moving has caused me some CMS issues in the past.  But not this time.  Only RQ seems affected.  The move may or may not have caused the freeze.
    I have: 
    Uninstalled and reinstalled RQ with DIM
    Deleted and redownloaded RQ with DIM
    Deleted the dll from the plugin's folder, and then reinstalled with DIM
    Cleared all cache, rebooted, done all the above again
    Gone to Customize menu and deleted it from the drop down and then reinstalled it from where it shows on the left as the ReadMe explains.
    Tried different scene files from back when it was working
    Rebooted Win10 64 bit computer regularly
    Executed the manual install file as admin.  This didn't restore the MF_renderq.dll file back into the Daz plugins folder.  Only DIM does that.
    Reinstalled Daz and then RQ.  Still freezing.
    In Daz and DIM, my Daz installed version shows as:  Daz Studio 4.21 (Win 64-bit)
    In DIM, RQ shows as: RQ for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)
    The version of the MF_renderq.dll was and still is  12/02/2020

Finally, here is the last block of text in the Daz Troubleshooting log:
    2023-04-08 14:06:03.468 [WARNING] :: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    2023-04-08 14:06:03.470 [WARNING] :: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    2023-04-08 14:06:03.503 [WARNING] :: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    2023-04-08 14:06:03.591 [WARNING] :: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    2023-04-08 14:06:03.678 [WARNING] :: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    2023-04-08 14:06:03.733 [WARNING] :: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    2023-04-08 14:06:03.761 [WARNING] :: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    2023-04-08 14:06:03.776 [WARNING] :: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout
    2023-04-08 14:06:03.892 [WARNING] :: QLayout: Attempting to add QLayout "" to QWidget "", which already has a layout

Any suggestions?

• For some reason the plugin stopped working. Usually when the render finsihes and the countdown timer stops daz closes down and a cmd window pops up, now, daz stays idle and no cmd window is appearing. The batch file in the windows/temp folder is till created but doesn't launch for some reason, i disabled my avast virus protection but that chages nothing, reinstalling the plugin also nothing. Any help possible?