Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

Welcome to the official Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter support thread.

Latest version is 1.2

Script compiled in 4.20.0.17

-Incorrect Pose Popup wording changed to be more descriptive.
-Fixed an issue where figure transformation sliders could become overly sensitive after applying an out-of-limits pose.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Instabuy!

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Zev0 said:

Nothing to see here....

I think you fibbin'wink

• Does 'Nothing to See Here' work with DAZ Studio 4.15 or is it only compatible with 4.20.1.l.m.n.o.p? And will you be making a 3Dlight version or only Iray? Iray Gamma? I know it already works with DAZ Cat 8 and the Vickie 9 Bundle contents. Nothing to See Here will be released 'soon', right?

• I do hope whatever this turns out to be is something I need to speed up my adoption of Genesis 9.

• Hoping for a Genesis 9 Skin Builder somewhere down the line.

• Please be one of Zevo's shape sets...

• Please be one of Zevo's shape sets...

I think it is, according to the daily email.
  • CriosCrios Posts: 2,646

But Placeholder Manager work with 3Delight?

• lol and here I thought "Place Holder" would be like a product to allow you to snap characters appendages to objects or something.

• I'll be the first one.

Well done for the script. It worked so well!

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879
    edited November 2022

The ability to assign a keyboard shortcut, as well as a Script menu entry, from within the script is such a time saver. Applying a pose from a highlighted pose file and not having to double click it is clever stuff and works perfectly.

Load Genesis 9, highlight a pose file from G8 (or G3).

Press a keyboard shortcut. Done.

Thank you.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

Problem here

G9 selected + one pose selected = errormessage

Screenshot 2022-11-03 104350.jpg
    1715 x 973 - 226K
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039
    edited November 2022

Hmmm that shouldn't happen..cool

There is probably something selected in both Smart Content and in Content Library. Check to see that only one item is selected between the two panes.

Can you send me a log file please if that is not the case?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 480

Zev0 said:

Hmmm that shouldn't happen..cool

There is probably something selected in both Smart Content and in Content Library. Check to see that only one item is selected between the two panes.

Can you send me a log file please if that is not the case?

Ok, this is the classic again.
    After restarting PC and Studio it seems to work now.
    Sorry to bother you, great tool.

"Ok, this is the classic again."laugh

No problemyes

• Hm, nice one. However, it seems to be a requirement to have the script added to the script menu's root node. If I move the script to a submenu, I get prompted again for adding it to the script menu or assign a shortcut.

If I would allow every script to add itself to my scripts menu root, I would have a 100+ entry script menu. No good design choice, at least for me.

edited November 2022

"If I move the script to a submenu, I get prompted again for adding it to the script menu or assign a shortcut."

Some scripts need absolute paths..If you move it you will have to run it again. Push F3 to clear old path, run script again with new path you chose.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • webduckwebduck Posts: 3
    edited November 2022

Hello
    I purchased your new product "Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter" today.
    Unfortunately your script does not work correctly !!!
    Pose Convert in the SMART CONTENT work quite well. However, when poses are selected from the CONTENT LIBRARY from various manufacturers, only an error message appears - but the script does not appear and the pose cannot be converted! After that the script is no longer usable, no matter which pose is also selected in the SMART CONTENT!
    The script does NOT work in the CONTENT LIBRARY !!!. I have tested it with different pose products with G3, G8 and G8.1, there is only the corresponding error message - the script is unusable in the CONTENT LIBRARY !!!!
    I have attached a sreenshoot for you.
    I ask you kindly for the fast elimination of the error, because your product if it works in principle for me is very good and important !!!!
    Greetings Wolfgang - [email protected]  

(mod edit: fixed quotes)

Genesis 3 and 8 to 9 Pose Converter.png
    4172 x 2644 - 4M
    Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

I can't tell from the promo if this converts poses "on the fly" or if poses must be converted and saved before application. Can you clarify for me please?

On the Fly.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,879

webduck said:

Hello
    Pose Convert in the SMART CONTENT work quite well. However, when poses are selected from the CONTENT LIBRARY from various manufacturers, only an error message appears - but the script does not appear and the pose cannot be converted! After that the script is no longer usable, no matter which pose is also selected in the SMART CONTENT!
    The script does NOT work in the CONTENT LIBRARY !!!. I have tested it with different pose products with G3, G8 and G8.1, there is only the corresponding error message - the script is unusable in the CONTENT LIBRARY !!!!
    I ask you kindly for the fast elimination of the error, because your product if it works in principle for me is very good and important !!!!

Strange, I ONLY work from the Content Library and it works perfectly for me. 

edited November 2022

webduck said:

Hello

There is probably something selected in both Smart Content and in Content Library. Check to see that only one item is selected between the two panes. If the issue still remains send me a log file, because I don't use smart content and only use content library and it works fine here.

unknown.png
    425 x 462 - 49K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • It's just not working for me at all... 

Pose Converter Fail.jpg
    2252 x 746 - 125K

Did you do what the popup said? Then all you need to do is have Genesis 9 selected in scene, choose a pose file and run the script.

• webduckwebduck Posts: 3
    edited November 2022

Webduck said:

Hello

IMPORTANT - A supplement !

Poses in SMART CONTENT and CONTENT LIBRARY are NOT selected at the same time.
    The problem cannot be solved by restarting the program after it has occurred !

(mod edit: corrected the quotes.)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Check both tabs in smart content.

unknown.png
    425 x 462 - 49K
  • Zev0 said:

Did you do what the popup said? Then all you need to do is have Genesis 9 selected in scene, choose a pose file and run the script.

Yes, I did - added it to the 'scripts' menu, top level. It simply does not work. Another shot, showing G9 selected is attached. Also, the naming of this script seems inconsistent with your previous G8 converter, where 'convert' meant convert a folder or file and create native G8 pose files, whereas 'correct' meant change the pose on the fly from G3->G8. Can we PLEASE have a folder converter that produces a new folder of G9 native poses like for G8? I'm grateful you got this out in a rush following the G9 release, but it seems very immature compared to your previous converters.

Pose Converter Fail 2.jpg
    3046 x 1034 - 343K
    edited November 2022

Send me your log file please.

"Also, the naming of this script seems inconsistent with your previous G8 converter"

Not the same developer. Different design.

"Can we PLEASE have a folder converter that produces a new folder of G9 native poses like for G8?"

We will see. A lot of people complained that feature just adds clutter and prefer to do it on the fly.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:

Send me your log file please.

"Also, the naming of this script seems inconsistent with your previous G8 converter"

Not the same developer. Different design.

"Can we PLEASE have a folder converter that produces a new folder of G9 native poses like for G8?"

We will see. A lot of people complained that feature just adds clutter and prefer to do it on the fly.

Well, I deleted the log file, selected G9 and a pose as above, and ran the script from the scripts menu again a couple of times. Here is the log content. Not very enlightening? I'm running macos Ventura, Studio 4.21. 

2022-11-03 11:31:03.113 [DEBUG] :: #v7k6VJ: Error parsing JSON;  SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string

2022-11-03 11:31:07.672 [DEBUG] :: #fjNLIc: Dialog accepted...

2022-11-03 11:31:07.672 [DEBUG] :: 

//======================================================================

//====  ENDING SCRIPT #LTwOqC

2022-11-03 11:32:03.882 [DEBUG] :: #v7k6VJ: Error parsing JSON;  SyntaxError: Unable to parse JSON string

2022-11-03 11:32:08.131 [DEBUG] :: #fjNLIc: Dialog accepted...

2022-11-03 11:32:08.131 [DEBUG] :: 

//====  ENDING SCRIPT #LTwOqC

• "Check both tabs in
    Smart Content to
    make sure no items
    are selected in
    either tab"

Hello 
    the problem is that the script takes into account both the pose in the CONTENT LIBRARY and the color of the shoes in the SMART CONTENT !
    If a pose would be selected in both, it would be OK. But the script does not distinguish if it is a pose or a landscape, cars or similar. This is not optimal and very error-prone, which should be urgently improved by you.
    The conversion of the poses is very, very well done - big compliments !!!!!
    Greetings Wolfgang