[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

Comments

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

I want to say thank you for a FANTASTIC product.  I've been going through adding smart content to all of my 3rd party stuff using Content Wizard, and TurboLoader has taken that process from a minimum of 45 minutes per character (because of how many morphs I have in my library) down to less than a minute per character.  Both of them are fantastic products, and well worth the price.

• dragotx said:

I want to say thank you for a FANTASTIC product.  I've been going through adding smart content to all of my 3rd party stuff using Content Wizard, and TurboLoader has taken that process from a minimum of 45 minutes per character (because of how many morphs I have in my library) down to less than a minute per character.  Both of them are fantastic products, and well worth the price.

You are very welcome!  You have two of the products that I am most proud of making smiley  Thanks for the support!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

So let's say I load a character with Turbo Loader and decide I want a little bit of Monica in my life, except Monica is currently exiled.  How do i best go about adding her in?

• thd777thd777 Posts: 931
    edited September 2022

Sevrin said:

So let's say I load a character with Turbo Loader and decide I want a little bit of Monica in my life, except Monica is currently exiled.  How do i best go about adding her in?

Open Turbo Loader script, activate the Monica morph(s). Delete your current Genesis character and load it again. The morph will now be available and you can dial it in to your taste. 
    ciao

td

Post edited by thd777 on

thd777 said:

Sevrin said:

Open Turbo Loader script, activate the Monica morph(s). Delete your current Genesis character and load it again. The morph will now be available and you can dial it in to your taste. 
    ciao

td

Yeah, that's what I though.  If I've already done modifications on my character that kind of sucks.

edited September 2022

Sevrin said:

thd777 said:

Sevrin said:

ciao

td

Yeah, that's what I though.  If I've already done modifications on my character that kind of sucks.

In that situation, I simply save a shape preset and that way I can just re-apply it and add the additional morphs. You can also save the figure as a scene subset. When you reload it, it will have all the activated morps. Not really a problem in my view.

Ciao

td

Post edited by thd777 on
  • Sevrin said:

thd777 said:

Sevrin said:

ciao

td

Use TLM to add the monica morphs.  Load ANOTHER G8F, which will load Monica morphs as well.  Delete it.  Work on your original character.

RiverSoftArt said:

Sevrin said:

thd777 said:

Sevrin said:

ciao

td

Use TLM to add the monica morphs.  Load ANOTHER G8F, which will load Monica morphs as well.  Delete it.  Work on your original character.

Thank you. 

• Have tried Turbo Loader 5 times but it does not go any further than 2 mins into configuration and crashes, had high hopes for this and bought them all, but?

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "D:\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll" at 0033:00000000D22AE1BC, QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException()+18380 byte(s)

edited October 2022

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

Have tried Turbo Loader 5 times but it does not go any further than 2 mins into configuration and crashes, had high hopes for this and bought them all, but?

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "D:\DAZStudio4\QtScript4.dll" at 0033:00000000D22AE1BC, QScriptEngine::signalHandlerException()+18380 byte(s)

I have been using it extensively ever since it came out andf it is working great. So, there is something about your setup/system that causes issues. I would suggest to post in The commercial thread. Riversoft is watching that and is very good with helping people troubleshoot. Here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/557186/released-turbo-loader-for-genesis-8-and-8-1-commercial/p1

Ciao

TD

Post edited by thd777 on
  • same here lots of usage...  

• rhye_7b205b2b74rhye_7b205b2b74 Posts: 73
    edited October 2022

thd777 said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

Have tried Turbo Loader 5 times but it does not go any further than 2 mins into configuration and crashes, had high hopes for this and bought them all, but?

I have been using it extensively ever since it came out andf it is working great. So, there is something about your setup/system that causes issues. I would suggest to post in The commercial thread. Riversoft is watching that and is very good with helping people troubleshoot. Here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/557186/released-turbo-loader-for-genesis-8-and-8-1-commercial/p1

Ciao

TD

Thanks

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

thd777 said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

Ciao

TD

Thanks

Definitely something different about your configuration. Even if the script crashes, it should not be crashing DS.  Which version of DS are you using? 

Try running TL again and then posting the Daz Log please.  What I would do is View Daz Log with Notepad++ or similar.  Run TL.  After DS crashes, switch to Notepad++ and it will tell you the daz log has changed by another program, reload?  And reload it.  Copy and paste the part of the daz log to this thread.  Only then would I restart DS. Thanks.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

Hey! So, I have been using Turbo Loader (all versions) for a while. If I want to update a particular Configuration by changing the list of enabled/disabled morphs, I would save over the existing Configuration. However, I am presented with a dialog to enter the Configuration name. To save over the existing one, I have to hunt down and copy the name exactly to save it (any typos creates a new Configuration, d'oh!). There is a list of Configurations, but the fields are not copyable. I can Browse to Configuration Directory, copy the filename of interest, and paste that in. A lot of extra clicks. Some kind of editable combo box with existing configurations for the Save Configuration function would greatly simplify that process (unless there is an easier way that I missed...)

• RiverSoftArt said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

thd777 said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

Ciao

TD

Thanks

Definitely something different about your configuration. Even if the script crashes, it should not be crashing DS.  Which version of DS are you using? 

Try running TL again and then posting the Daz Log please.  What I would do is View Daz Log with Notepad++ or similar.  Run TL.  After DS crashes, switch to Notepad++ and it will tell you the daz log has changed by another program, reload?  And reload it.  Copy and paste the part of the daz log to this thread.  Only then would I restart DS. Thanks.

I am running daz3d 4.20 and have an extensive data folder, but here is the problematic areas of log

txt
    txt
    problem.txt
  • rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

thd777 said:

rhye_7b205b2b74 said:

Ciao

TD

Thanks

I am running daz3d 4.20 and have an extensive data folder, but here is the problematic areas of log

Ok, that looks like the symbolic link is getting the script in an infinite loop.  I need to figure out how to ignore the links.  In the meantime, can you delete the Female - Shortcut.lnk and try again? (and if you have links to other directories too).

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

Trying, desperately, to understand what is the "correct" usage for my purposes.

I have a large number of characters I use on a regular basis.

How do I save configurations for each character so that I can load them when I need them, singly? I have both Turbo Loader and the Utilities.

I have tried several different steps, but I can't seem to find the consistent method for saving and then loading the required configurations (anyone else having memories of the old inj/rem morphs for previous to Genesis Generation 3 figures? Not in a bad way.).

• evilded777 said:

Trying, desperately, to understand what is the "correct" usage for my purposes.

I have a large number of characters I use on a regular basis.

How do I save configurations for each character so that I can load them when I need them, singly? I have both Turbo Loader and the Utilities.

I have tried several different steps, but I can't seem to find the consistent method for saving and then loading the required configurations (anyone else having memories of the old inj/rem morphs for previous to Genesis Generation 3 figures? Not in a bad way.).

If you have the Booster Utilities, turn everything off (except if you have favorite morphs from such product).  Then make sure you always open the character with the Open and Merge scripts; they will make sure to enable all the morphs needed.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,437

RiverSoftArt said:

If you have the Booster Utilities, turn everything off (except if you have favorite morphs from such product).  Then make sure you always open the character with the Open and Merge scripts; they will make sure to enable all the morphs needed.

Thanks for that advice. I guess, maybe, I was making it more complicated than it needed to be.
  • evilded777 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Thanks for that advice. I guess, maybe, I was making it more complicated than it needed to be.

You're welcome!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    Dumb question: I have character presets I have created myself. Would this product automatically load G8M with the required morphs needed for that preset when I added them to my scene?
  • Timbales said:

Dumb question: I have character presets I have created myself. Would this product automatically load G8M with the required morphs needed for that preset when I added them to my scene?

The Turbo Loader products do not automatically load morphs.  You would have to use the Turbo Loader Manager or Configurations script to load them before loading your scene.  However, the Turbo Loader Booster Utilities' open and merge scripts *WILL* load the required morphs when you open your character presets with them.

• sikotik13sikotik13 Posts: 29
    edited November 2022

Okay, having read through 13 pages, I'm fairly certain nothing I read was relevant to my issue. If I am wrong and/or bad at reading, please point me to the solution I missed.

For some reason, TL immediately errors on G8F/G8.1F only. In fact, I can load up the G8M version fine (never did anything with it, my G8M content is relatively small, and loads in a minute or two, my only real need is to shorten G8F's abysmal ~30-40 minute load time).

This is the only relevant section from the log:

2022-11-17 16:51:34.850 [INFO] :: Loading script: E:/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse

2022-11-17 16:51:35.161 [DEBUG] :: Delete Products: Genesis 2 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 2 Starter Essentials,Genesis 3 Developer Kit,Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Female Expressions,Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 3 Male Expressions,Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 3 Starter Essentials,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Expressions,Genesis 8 Male Expressions Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs,Genesis 8 Male Head Morphs Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Male Pre-Release PA Build,Genesis 8 Starter Essentials,Genesis Starter Essentials,Publishing Beta Content 1

2022-11-17 16:51:35.166 [INFO] :: 

2022-11-17 16:51:35.338 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 1274

2022-11-17 16:51:35.338 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sInspectCharacter

2022-11-17 16:51:35.338 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@E:/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse:1274

2022-11-17 16:51:35.345 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: E:/My Library/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Female.dse

This is just opening DS, loading up either G8F or G8.1F, and double-clicking the G8F script. I can "successfully" open the others, but not the only one I actually need/want. (Not that it should matter, but the log excerpt is immediately following G8F finishing loading textures, the script fails immediately).

Edit: I have so far, uninstalled/reinstalled PostsgrSQL CMS and Turbo Loader (DIM). I have a mix of DIM and custom content, all in one library, and I assume any issue affecting G8F should affect G8M, since they are in the same directory, but again, the G8M script will run fine, even with a G8F selected, so I'm genuinely kinda lost.

Any idea what I may need to do to fix this?

Ugh, nevermind. RTFM, me. Or watch the video.

Post edited by sikotik13 on
    edited November 2022

Okay, now probably slightly more confused.

According to the script when run without G8F loaded, I am running v1.10 (re-un/reinstalled upon noticing issue 1 below).

1. I do not have the button to scan for morphs as seen in the video (this button is also missing in the G8M script, unsure if that means anything or is helpful).

2. I do not have any G8F-related entries in the Options/Filtered Products area

3. While I can Reset Morph Directory to my morph location, it will scan for ~ 11-12 seconds, then tell me it enabled 0 of 0 morphs (0 failed) (This also occurs in the G8M script, which I assume is normal due to shared logic).

Since I've never been able to successfully do a scan, I can't imagine how my config could be bad, per se, but I am open to the idea I may have clicked something on accident, somewhere, and am just not understanding which troubleshooting step I am getting wrong.

I can post the log file, but it literally just says I opened the script, many, many lines of "2022-11-17 19:34:30.426 [INFO] :: Getting files from {...}" {...}} being each of the folders that in fact contain my morphs), and that the script executed successfully. No errors, just nothing actually doing anything in the end.

For all intents and purposes, it almost seems like I don't really have the script, or it doesn't recognize anything on my system at all as valid anything. Very weird, and kinda frustrating.

No Scan Button.png
    1084 x 953 - 70K
    No G8F Related Product Filters.png
    1081 x 952 - 107K
    0 of 0.png
    314 x 122 - 8K

Um-m, we're up to version 1.2, which I believe uses an entirely different approach, scanning the morph folders instead of a loaded figure. The "Scan for Morphs" button starts the process.

edited November 2022

Ah, I see I need to try to find this 1.2 update. Also, as clarified, the video for 1.1 (which is what it shows on the product page still) shows him using the button I do not possess, having used the method you just described for 1.1 (which is what he does in the video, and the entire reason I updated with a follow up).

Been a while since I used DIM, probably should have occurred to me earlier that it sometimes doesn't pull the latest version, for... reasons.

Ah, so it does. Changes were happening fast at the start, I see in the ReadMe the new method was introduced a while ago, most likely v1.1, and v1.2 a more recent update. The ReadMe doesn't mention the versions. However, the codebase is shared with all editions of Turbo Loader and Turbo Boost Utilities, and they all have to be contemporaries.

edited November 2022

Manual update and install fixed it. Excellent call (really wish I'd remembered to think of that on my own, lol). Thanks a bunch, North!

Now I just have to try to remember to post how much my time to load improves in my imminent excitement!

• 26905 morphs installed - Load time = ±30-35 minutes (I always walked away from boredom, but it was always at least 30-something-plus minutes before G8F was ready)
    Base preferred configuration (1737 morphs enabled, some pretty heavy) = ± 1 minute.

At this moment, worth every single penny and minor quibble with version issues!

• sikotik13 said:

26905 morphs installed - Load time = ±30-35 minutes (I always walked away from boredom, but it was always at least 30-something-plus minutes before G8F was ready)
    Base preferred configuration (1737 morphs enabled, some pretty heavy) = ± 1 minute.

At this moment, worth every single penny and minor quibble with version issues!

I am glad you got it working!  Thanks @NorthOf45!  And I appreciate you sharing your results.