Heads up

If you see Burpee comments it's me, ngartplay.  My other computer is acting up still.  I was hoping to wait until after Christmas to pick out a new one.  Might have to be sooner.  Typing on Windows 7...so slow.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Burpee - yes, I remember your name from Renderosity. Unreliable computers are a nuisance, I hope you will get a replacement soon.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

I wondered who Burpee was. smiley

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

I'm back on but I can't turn the computer off.  I don't know if it will start up properly or not again.  We were going to look at a computer today but it's now snowing.  Going to wait till it's clearer.

• NGartplay: good luck to you, hope you can get what you want....smiley

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited December 2022

And  You  " Could "  considter an ' 'ReFurbs '  _  But  ,  often  peopl will say "Yuck" those things are Crummy

_  Dell can have some good deals -

but alrite then Thanx 

Post edited by ed3D on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

NGartplay : yes, good luck in getting a new computer. 

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188

Burpee said:

If you see Burpee comments it's me, ngartplay.  My other computer is acting up still.  I was hoping to wait until after Christmas to pick out a new one.  Might have to be sooner.  Typing on Windows 7...so slow.

Why would you have to use another account to use the forums?

edited December 2022

It was for selling product, not using the forums.  My stuff came over from RDNA where I was NGartplay.  Daz3D wanted me to keep using that moniker as all my products had the information that way.

Side note: I was only good at making Real Deals so when I came to Daz3D I bought lots of training videos but my mind could no longer retain what I was learning so I couldn't keep up with technology.  I had to quit and even now I have trouble remembering what I learn just to use Bryce the way that I want.  I used to pick things up so quickly when I was young but I've lost that ability.  It's embarrassing to keep asking how to do things because reading through tutorials is difficult for me.  Videos are best for me now.

Post edited by NGartplay on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

NGartplay / Burpee, Aha, did not know your issues with the computer and your multiple user names. Hope the computer issues are/will be solved quickly and, indeed, remembering and learning gets a bit less easy with age. Neverthelesss, you are never too old!

Well, I had no luck with computers.  I wanted a 2 TB and could only find that in a new gaming machine.  I didn't want one of those strange, see-through monsters with no CD drive and such.  I ended up buying a used HP 2TB but its graphics card is only so-so and it only has Windows 10 on it.  I've never used W10 so this should be fun...not.  Also, W10 isn't going to be supported much longer.  The computer is only $400 but I would have preferred to buy a new one with 2TB.

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited December 2022

Hi NGartplay,

I really hope that this replaced PC has no water-cooling system installed! 

water-cooling

Well, don't say that I didn't warn you! :)

Hubert

(Disclaimer: No real PC was harmed during the making of this scene! -- One of my old Woody scenes from 2010. The CPU fan was freestuff. Woody is the Poser 3/4 mannequin figure. All else modeled by me (using scanned photos on cubes resp. terrains for making the boards and the cables.) 

Post edited by hubert on

hubert - cool (yes) an very nicely done water cooled MoBo. Made we really laugh.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

hubert : very cool and funny scene !

Hubert, ROTFL!   Woody lives a life on the edge.  Great pic.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

hubert, great scene; keep cool!

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,955

Hubert - cool, cute image, awesome modeling.

@ all: Many thanks! I was sure that you would appreciate this old funny scene.

Isn't it strange that my (meanwhile seventh) insurance agent always bursts out crying, when I report yet another "wooden incident" to him?? Beats me! :)

Hubert, lol...that's why our insurance rates are so high.  Thank goodness that wood floats, though.

• HUBERT - thanks for this funny Picture, really beautiful... makes me lough too.

NGartplay: Whereas my insurance doesn't even know yet about some hundreds of Woodies in my lower basement rooms! I locked them there several years ago for prospective Bryce scenes. Those Woodies might be quite hungry, aggressive and totally insane now. So.... could you please check those rooms for me??

Yellow Pen: Thanks! It was great fun to make that scene. As many others too. :)

Hubert, I have to fix my computer issues first but then I can look through my 500 CDs and DVDs to look for MY lost Woodies.  Maybe I can rally them to at least feed your Woodies and calm them down before we try to reason with them.

edited January 2023

testing to see if my login worked.  Not liking this computer at the moment.

Edit:  Yay, it worked :) :)

Post edited by NGartplay on

NGartplay - yes it does. Good job laugh

NGartplay: Glad to see you online with your new computer.

> "... I can look through my 500 CDs and DVDs to look for MY lost Woodies." 
    Is that a threat or a promise? ;)

> "...before we try to reason with them."
    To reason with Woodies?? I had tried this zillions of times in the past..... and never succeeded. Good Luck!

And now for s.th. completely different: Enjoy your new computer. :)

• then good luck again NGartplay - smiley

Thank you all.  Still getting used to Windows 10 and it is an older used computer.

I also found two Woodies inside switching wires but thankfully in time to stop them before any damage was done.  I gave them Hubert's street address.  They're on their way.

edited January 2023

@ NGartplay:

> I also found two Woodies inside switching wires but thankfully in time to stop them before any damage was done. 
    Switching only wires?? Nope, these can't be Woodies, definitely not! At least not that havoc creating breed which I know only too well.

> I gave them Hubert's street address.  They're on their way.
    No problem! I have a huge pile here of pre-printed labels "Return to sender! - Carriage forward!". Any objections? ;)

Post edited by hubert on

Hubert, ROTFL!!  I may have to move :) :)

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited January 2023

NGartplay said:

[snip]  Also, W10 isn't going to be supported much longer.  [snip]

I think, you don't have to be too worried about that. W10 will be supported until October 2025 at least. But I think even afterwards Microsoft will provide a kind of support. I am writing that, because we are still have one computer with Windows 7, those support finished years ago, but occassionally the system asks not to turn off the computer because a windows update is being installed. Interesting, isn't it?

Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited January 2023

Agreed. I still have 2 Win 7 that get security updates once or twice a month. I expect that will happen to my 2 Win 10 as well after 2025..

Post edited by Horo on