Daz Studio/Bryce Bridge version select has no version

Ok, maybe someone can help me with this.    I have just installed my version of Bryce 7.1 Pro and all it's content.   I have the latest version of Daz Studio Pro installed.   I have verified that the Daz Studio to Bryce bridge present.    When I open Bryce and click the Daz Studio symbol, I get a "Select version of Daz Studio" panel with a dropdown.   The dropdown has no versions to pick.    Any ideas on how to get this working?

Thanks,

Boojum

Comments

• Have you tried the reverse diection?

• Ok, it turns out I don't have the latest version.   the latest version of Daz Studio in Install Manager is 4.2.    Anyone have an idea on why 4.5+ isn't there?    I know that the new Daz Central I was told to not use because it doesn't install a bunch of stuff I needed.

•     OOOookaaay..  and Daz Central also only offers Daz Studio 4.2.     Now I'm confused.

• No, this is the right version.  It's Daz Studio 4.21 not 4.2.    Why am I not getting an option to pick it??????

• Ok, other way works.   I just launched Daz Studio 4.21 and sent to Bryce..  and the Girl arrived in bryce.   So at least I have a work around.

• NGartplayNGartplay Posts: 2,793

Hi Boojum, I always work Bryce to DS.  Richard said to try DS to Bryce but I have problems with that.  I end up using DS to make my figure then export it as a Bryce object.  I prefer Bryce to DS.

Did you install DS first or Bryce first?  I thought I heard that it makes a difference.

• Boojum the brown bunny said:

OOOookaaay..  and Daz Central also only offers Daz Studio 4.2.     Now I'm confused.

Version numbers are not decimals - they are whole numbers separated by dots (4.21.0.5 is the current General Release).

• NGartplay said:

Hi Boojum, I always work Bryce to DS.  Richard said to try DS to Bryce but I have problems with that.  I end up using DS to make my figure then export it as a Bryce object.  I prefer Bryce to DS.

Did you install DS first or Bryce first?  I thought I heard that it makes a difference.

Hi NGartplay.    I had Daz Studio installed, then I installed Bryce but the Bryce to Daz Studio didn't work.    I thin uninstalled Daz Studio, and reinstalled it.   Bryce to DAz Studio still didn't work.    After some earlier advice, I tried to open a character in Daz Studio and send it to Bryce.   That worked.   It seems the other direction is broken however.

Once I got the character into Bryce, I saved it off as a Bryce file.   then I could create a new Bryce world and import the figure in using the merge option. 

Thank you Boojum!

Hi Kerya, nice to see you.  Thank you for the link.