[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,344

bicc39 said:

Off the wall question.

In over 20 years have put together over 38 content library all containing over 50 gbs of items.

In some cases reinstalled a few products because i could not find.

When running your script found a load of dupes. especially Zevo aging morphs.

Do you see a problem in using your product to locate dupes and deleting.

No, I don't.  I have used it for finding dupes too smiley

Thank you

• P302P302 Posts: 35
    edited March 2023

RiverSoftArt said:

It should show some messages on startup too (I think.  I am away from my Daz computer until Saturday too).  But it is strange that it is not even filling in the stats message.  How did you install TL?  If Daz Connect, try uninstalling, delete the files from the cloud folder for TL, and then installing with DIM.  

I install via DIM only. (I followed the advice in this thread and logged in to update the metadata though.)

But I think I've come a fair bit further in investigating my issue with TL. (And yes I write my issue because only a certain workflow reveals it.)

As I already mentioned I work with instances. With every Instance DAZ Studio creates a new folder in the registry named Studio4PublicBuild[<instance>] There every setting goes and after refreshing (which I didn't do in my first test this week) I can even see the TL entries. However - if I close the instance of DS the instance folder gets emptied completely. (I'm still working with DS 4.16.1.31 - might be an issue with that particular version, because I see folders with higher instance numbers still having entries so I assume there once had been a version of DS which left the settings.) On starting an instanced run of DS the data from the non-instanced folder gets copied into the empty instance folder. This also explains why I have to do all my setting of DAZ Studio itself (layout, folder start positions etc...) in the non-instanced run.

Therefore I ran TL manager in the non-instanced DS - e voila - now TL knows that it doesn't have to scan again in no regard of how many instances I have running. I only must ensure that I do the re-scan and everything I want to have saved to the registry in the non-instanced run of DS. Might look a bit inconvenient - it is - but I'm used to this workflow anyways. I´m sorry I could have guessed that in the first place but I didn't know that DS so heavily relies on the registry. Still I'm grateful for that lesson and happy that you suggested to investigate the registry. 

One not too far day in the future I will update to the current version of DS and check if handles instancing still the same. If so, I might consider writing a scrpt which helps me saving the data to the non instanced version. 

Post edited by P302 on

P302 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

It should show some messages on startup too (I think.  I am away from my Daz computer until Saturday too).  But it is strange that it is not even filling in the stats message.  How did you install TL?  If Daz Connect, try uninstalling, delete the files from the cloud folder for TL, and then installing with DIM.  

I install via DIM only. (I followed the advice in this thread and logged in to update the metadata though.)

But I think I've come a fair bit further in investigating my issue with TL. (And yes I write my issue because only a certain workflow reveals it.)

As I already mentioned I work with instances. With every Instance DAZ Studio creates a new folder in the registry named Studio4PublicBuild[<instance>] There every setting goes and after refreshing (which I didn't do in my first test this week) I can even see the TL entries. However - if I close the instance of DS the instance folder gets emptied completely. (I'm still working with DS 4.16.1.31 - might be an issue with that particular version, because I see folders with higher instance numbers still having entries so I assume there once had been a version of DS which left the settings.) On starting an instanced run of DS the data from the non-instanced folder gets copied into the empty instance folder. This also explains why I have to do all my setting of DAZ Studio itself (layout, folder start positions etc...) in the non-instanced run.

Therefore I ran TL manager in the non-instanced DS - e voila - now TL knows that it doesn't have to scan again in no regard of how many instances I have running. I only must ensure that I do the re-scan and everything I want to have saved to the registry in the non-instanced run of DS. Might look a bit inconvenient - it is - but I'm used to this workflow anyways. I´m sorry I could have guessed that in the first place but I didn't know that DS so heavily relies on the registry. Still I'm grateful for that lesson and happy that you suggested to investigate the registry. 

One not too far day in the future I will update to the current version of DS and check if handles instancing still the same. If so, I might consider writing a scrpt which helps me saving the data to the non instanced version. 

Oh wow, I would not have thought of that.  Makes perfect sense though.  I am glad you got it working.

• I purchased "Turbo Loader Booster Utilities" and "Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1" and was very surprised to achieve a reduction in file loading time. Females work fine, but for males, the available shapings have decreased significantly. As shown in the attached image, there are almost 500 G8M assets loaded in DAZ Studio, but only six shapings can be used via dial. Is this the intended behavior?

Is there a way to resolve this issue and enable the use of all shapings via dial while reducing loading time when working in DAZ?

スクリーンショット 2023-03-14 18.33.56_trim.jpg
    1921 x 1038 - 491K

qingliuhongtai said:

I purchased "Turbo Loader Booster Utilities" and "Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1" and was very surprised to achieve a reduction in file loading time. Females work fine, but for males, the available shapings have decreased significantly. As shown in the attached image, there are almost 500 G8M assets loaded in DAZ Studio, but only six shapings can be used via dial. Is this the intended behavior?

Is there a way to resolve this issue and enable the use of all shapings via dial while reducing loading time when working in DAZ?

This is the intended behavior.  It is the finding of morphs and creation of all those dials that slows DS down.  Turbo Loader Booster Utilities will enable morphs (and the dials) needed for loading a character or scene on the fly.  Otherwise, you need to reenable in Turbo Loader Manager for G8M the products/morphs you want always available.  For example, I might always leave on Shape Shift or Easy Shape Master so I always have access to those morphs (and even add them to the Filtered Products option so they cannot be turned off)

• RiverSoftArt said:

qingliuhongtai said:

I purchased "Turbo Loader Booster Utilities" and "Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1" and was very surprised to achieve a reduction in file loading time. Females work fine, but for males, the available shapings have decreased significantly. As shown in the attached image, there are almost 500 G8M assets loaded in DAZ Studio, but only six shapings can be used via dial. Is this the intended behavior?

This is the intended behavior.  It is the finding of morphs and creation of all those dials that slows DS down.  Turbo Loader Booster Utilities will enable morphs (and the dials) needed for loading a character or scene on the fly.  Otherwise, you need to reenable in Turbo Loader Manager for G8M the products/morphs you want always available.  For example, I might always leave on Shape Shift or Easy Shape Master so I always have access to those morphs (and even add them to the Filtered Products option so they cannot be turned off)

Thank you very much for your prompt advice. Thanks to you, I have found out the reason why only G8F could be operated smoothly with the dials. "Shape Shift for Genesis 8 Female(s)" has been purchased and enabled in Turbo Loader, but "Shape Shift for Genesis 8 Male(s)" has not been purchased. I also do not have "Easy Shape Master - Age Control and Body Tuning for Genesis 8 Male", so I cannot use the dials comfortably with the method you have advised. I plan to purchase one of them when the price drops.

In addition, when I load G81M in my environment, "Khalan Head", "Mouth Realism HD", and "Khalan Body" are automatically set to 100%. Since I can turn them off manually using Dial Control, there is no actual harm, but users who do not have Dial Control are expected to have difficulties.

qingliuhongtai said:

RiverSoftArt said:

qingliuhongtai said:

Thank you very much for your prompt advice. Thanks to you, I have found out the reason why only G8F could be operated smoothly with the dials. "Shape Shift for Genesis 8 Female(s)" has been purchased and enabled in Turbo Loader, but "Shape Shift for Genesis 8 Male(s)" has not been purchased. I also do not have "Easy Shape Master - Age Control and Body Tuning for Genesis 8 Male", so I cannot use the dials comfortably with the method you have advised. I plan to purchase one of them when the price drops.

It can be any of your favorite morphs.  I just mentioned those packages because those are the ones I use.

In addition, when I load G81M in my environment, "Khalan Head", "Mouth Realism HD", and "Khalan Body" are automatically set to 100%. Since I can turn them off manually using Dial Control, there is no actual harm, but users who do not have Dial Control are expected to have difficulties.

This does not have anything to do with Turbo Loader.  Turbo Loader just disables/enables morphs.  What is loaded and how much comes from your Genesis 8 character.

• sikotik13sikotik13 Posts: 29
    edited March 2023

So I have created a new issue for myself. I'm 99% sure I'm just missing something obvious.

Having gained a new rig, I am working on accessing my library from it via network share (to save the pain of having a duplicate content library of well over a terabyte on two separate computers).

For some reason, Turbo Loader, and only Turbo Loader refuses to function correctly attempting to run any script produces some variation of this error:

2023-03-16 17:51:38.866 [INFO] :: Loading script: //troublemaker/My Library2/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Male.dse

2023-03-16 17:51:38.888 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 195

2023-03-16 17:51:38.888 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sIncludeFileExt

2023-03-16 17:51:38.888 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@//troublemaker/My Library2/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Male.dse:195

2023-03-16 17:51:38.889 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: //troublemaker/My Library2/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Male.dse

They all error on the same sIncludeFileExt, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. It's still perfectly functional on the original computer hosting the library, but refuses to be recognized on the remote computer. Any ideas/recommendations/solutions?

Nevemind, I suppose. Despite having all relevant network read/write permissions and nothing else in any of my scripts having a conflict, Turbo Loader does not like running remotely. To work around this, I added an extra library on the remote computer solely to host Turbo Loader, and it runs fine from there. I swear I post things in support forums just to look at them and almost immediately then figure out my own workarounds, lol. It is minorly annoying having to set it up twice, but I suppose for some that could be perceived as a benefit of some sort, I'm just duplicating what it already did, personally, so it feels kind of... extra.

Post edited by sikotik13 on

sikotik13 said:

So I have created a new issue for myself. I'm 99% sure I'm just missing something obvious.

Having gained a new rig, I am working on accessing my library from it via network share (to save the pain of having a duplicate content library of well over a terabyte on two separate computers).

For some reason, Turbo Loader, and only Turbo Loader refuses to function correctly attempting to run any script produces some variation of this error:

2023-03-16 17:51:38.866 [INFO] :: Loading script: //troublemaker/My Library2/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Male.dse

2023-03-16 17:51:38.888 [WARNING] :: Script Error: Line 195

2023-03-16 17:51:38.888 [WARNING] :: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sIncludeFileExt

2023-03-16 17:51:38.888 [WARNING] :: Stack Trace:

<anonymous>()@//troublemaker/My Library2/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Male.dse:195

2023-03-16 17:51:38.889 [INFO] :: Error in script execution: //troublemaker/My Library2/Scripts/RiverSoft Art/Turbo Loader/Turbo Loader Manager for G8 Male.dse

They all error on the same sIncludeFileExt, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. It's still perfectly functional on the original computer hosting the library, but refuses to be recognized on the remote computer. Any ideas/recommendations/solutions?

The sIncludeExt is defined in "data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa" so it is not finding that file.  Turbo Loader has to use a special FindFile function I wrote instead of the one provided by DS because DS' FindFile caches the results.  While caching is great usually, TL is renaming files all the time AND dealing with possible duplicates hidden by the renamed files so I could not use it.

Nevemind, I suppose. Despite having all relevant network read/write permissions and nothing else in any of my scripts having a conflict, Turbo Loader does not like running remotely. To work around this, I added an extra library on the remote computer solely to host Turbo Loader, and it runs fine from there. I swear I post things in support forums just to look at them and almost immediately then figure out my own workarounds, lol. It is minorly annoying having to set it up twice, but I suppose for some that could be perceived as a benefit of some sort, I'm just duplicating what it already did, personally, so it feels kind of... extra.

• I went through 15 pages; I may easily have missed it but I could not find anything about a Turbo Loader for Genesis 9. Seems like a no brainer...

greg_82000392 said:

I went through 15 pages; I may easily have missed it but I could not find anything about a Turbo Loader for Genesis 9. Seems like a no brainer...

Are you already seeing significant slowdown?  I am not yet.  If there are not enough G9 characters out to make people's system slow, it just didn't seem like something people would want (yet). 

• I moved my libraries to a network drive also, and had the same issue with it not finding sincludefileedit.  The fix is that you need to map the network drive, and use the mapping in your content library path.  Scripts will not find that data folder from an unmapped network drive.  It probably isn't just Turbo Loader, and there may be some DAZ program functions themselves that don't work right if that isn't fixed.  In particular it also cleared up an issue I was having with Filament where adding an HDRI map turned the scene black and didn't add any lights.

Bottom line is if you use a network drive for a library, it needs to be mapped to a drive letter and you need to set that mapping in the content manager.

diogenese19348 said:

I moved my libraries to a network drive also, and had the same issue with it not finding sincludefileedit.  The fix is that you need to map the network drive, and use the mapping in your content library path.  Scripts will not find that data folder from an unmapped network drive.  It probably isn't just Turbo Loader, and there may be some DAZ program functions themselves that don't work right if that isn't fixed.  In particular it also cleared up an issue I was having with Filament where adding an HDRI map turned the scene black and didn't add any lights.

Bottom line is if you use a network drive for a library, it needs to be mapped to a drive letter and you need to set that mapping in the content manager.

Thanks for sharing your tip!

• Hello,

I have read through a lot of the issues and so far I haven't had any of these issues. To me, everything has been pretty basic and understandable with only minimal mistakes on my part.

I have an issue that I have not been unable to fix though. I have male and female scenes where I use TL for the females and everything works fine for the females but the males are missing morphs but when I use TL for the males then the females are missing morphs. I'm not sure if I have an older version or a bad config for male/female settings.

Let me know what I can do to fix this please and thank you for any useful advice.

• BTW, I forgot to mention TL has saved me so much time and energy thank you so much for this product!

• RiverSoftArt said:

greg_82000392 said:

I went through 15 pages; I may easily have missed it but I could not find anything about a Turbo Loader for Genesis 9. Seems like a no brainer...

Are you already seeing significant slowdown?  I am not yet.  If there are not enough G9 characters out to make people's system slow, it just didn't seem like something people would want (yet). 

I will really want it if and when I learn G9 better but I'm not working with G9 atm because I'm not really impressed with G9, yet!

I have yet to figure out why I (me personally) would want to go back to a G1 style of work after being spoiled with G8 and G8.1!

benjamincobb777 said:

Hello,

I have read through a lot of the issues and so far I haven't had any of these issues. To me, everything has been pretty basic and understandable with only minimal mistakes on my part.

I have an issue that I have not been unable to fix though. I have male and female scenes where I use TL for the females and everything works fine for the females but the males are missing morphs but when I use TL for the males then the females are missing morphs. I'm not sure if I have an older version or a bad config for male/female settings.

Let me know what I can do to fix this please and thank you for any useful advice.

That is strange.  Are you saying when you enable morphs with TLM for females, it disables TLM for males?  That should be impossible.  Which TL generation are you using?  Are you able to have a *simple* test case?  (as in I turned on 1 morph for GreatCharacterG8F and here is what happened)  Can you post a log of when you disable just a couple morphs using TLM and it messes up the opposite gender?

benjamincobb777 said:

BTW, I forgot to mention TL has saved me so much time and energy thank you so much for this product!

You're welcome!  I really love this product myself and it is something I use a lot.

benjamincobb777 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

greg_82000392 said:

I will really want it if and when I learn G9 better but I'm not working with G9 atm because I'm not really impressed with G9, yet!

I have yet to figure out why I (me personally) would want to go back to a G1 style of work after being spoiled with G8 and G8.1!

Thanks for the feedback.

• RiverSoftArt said:

That is strange.  Are you saying when you enable morphs with TLM for females, it disables TLM for males?  That should be impossible.  Which TL generation are you using?  Are you able to have a *simple* test case?  (as in I turned on 1 morph for GreatCharacterG8F and here is what happened)  Can you post a log of when you disable just a couple morphs using TLM and it messes up the opposite gender?

I can use DAZ pretty well but I'm not sure how to do the tech-type stuff like log files or any of that.

Here is an example of what I am doing though:

Scene: 

Females: Excella Gionne (guhzcoituz) head & body morphs, E3D Aria Teen, E3d Alexa Teen, E3d Jessy,  Juliet, Linta Teen, 

Males:

Evil Clown

For the TL version, it says v 4.9 2023.

When I restarted DAZ and reloaded the female morphs everything seemed to work fine. It now happens when I load the male morphs. Once again after a DAZ restart, it seems to work fine as long as I don't change anything. I can work with this but it's kinda inconvenient also it is probably something with my rig.

I'm not big on complaining just wasn't sure if this was something someone else may have had an issue with as well. Like I said a DAZ restart seems to fix it for the current scene. 

Let me know what/how I can get a log file for you to look at and the next time this happens I can get you some better info.

benjamincobb777 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

I can use DAZ pretty well but I'm not sure how to do the tech-type stuff like log files or any of that.

Here is an example of what I am doing though:

Scene: 

Females: Excella Gionne (guhzcoituz) head & body morphs, E3D Aria Teen, E3d Alexa Teen, E3d Jessy,  Juliet, Linta Teen, 

Males:

Evil Clown

For the TL version, it says v 4.9 2023.

When I restarted DAZ and reloaded the female morphs everything seemed to work fine. It now happens when I load the male morphs. Once again after a DAZ restart, it seems to work fine as long as I don't change anything. I can work with this but it's kinda inconvenient also it is probably something with my rig.

I'm not big on complaining just wasn't sure if this was something someone else may have had an issue with as well. Like I said a DAZ restart seems to fix it for the current scene. 

Let me know what/how I can get a log file for you to look at and the next time this happens I can get you some better info.

To get the Daz log, Help->Troubleshooting->View Daz Log opens up the daz log in a text editor.  Only get the parts of the log from when the script starts until it ends.

For morphs, Daz will purge its memory between scenes.  You don't need to restart, just create/load a new scene.

• benjamincobb777benjamincobb777 Posts: 65
    edited October 2023

Hello again,

Must have been a fluke or operator error cause I haven't had any other issues since I last posted. Guess it just needed to go through the cycles of what it does to what it does lol!

I am about to start playing around with G9 characters and would love to have this for G9. If you need some testing for this just hit me up.

Yeah, I went on a G9 binge and have a lot of stuff now!

Just did a character load comparison on my rig.

Load times:

G8F w/TL  took 1m 2s 77ms. Before TL it took anywhere between 15 to 30 min due to a large morph library that was handled by TL!

G9 basic character took 25 mins and counting (stopped at 28 mins 15 sec) with only 500 characters and whatever amount of morphs that adds up to plus extra shape morphs and such.

G9 basic w/TL 15 min 38sec with the 500 characters. This is great! I'm sure you are working around the clock to make it better and I thank you for this.

Anyone with long character load times needs this program! TL will save you headaches and heartache!

Post edited by benjamincobb777 on
  • Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,144

Out of curiosity. Any plans for a Gen 9 Turboloader - or did I miss the release? Already bought quite some G9 stuff. And the fact that G9 is unisex leads to longer load times quite quickly.

And something off-topic: @RiverSoftArt: I do own quite some converters already. But it is still cumbersome to always convert stuff back and forth. Would something like your "pose minion" be feasible for things like hair, clothing and - god beware - even morphs, maybe? Would be quite interesting.

benjamincobb777 said:

Hello again,

Must have been a fluke or operator error cause I haven't had any other issues since I last posted. Guess it just needed to go through the cycles of what it does to what it does lol!

I am about to start playing around with G9 characters and would love to have this for G9. If you need some testing for this just hit me up.

Yeah, I went on a G9 binge and have a lot of stuff now!

Just did a character load comparison on my rig.

Load times:

G8F w/TL  took 1m 2s 77ms. Before TL it took anywhere between 15 to 30 min due to a large morph library that was handled by TL!

G9 basic character took 9m 40s 76ms not bad with only 168 characters and whatever amount of morphs that adds up to plus extra shape morphs and such.

G9 basic w/TL took unknown.

Now awaiting comparison for G9 w/TL!

Anyone with long character load times needs this program! TL will save you headache and heartache!

Thanks for posting your comparisons.

For you and RodWiseDriggo, I am looking at TL for G9 now.  Hopefully, you will see it before the end of the summer.

• benjamincobb777benjamincobb777 Posts: 65
    edited June 2023

Thanks for posting your comparisons.

For you and RodWiseDriggo, I am looking at TL for G9 now.  Hopefully, you will see it before the end of the summer.

Awesomeness! I'll be waiting! Take your time and do it how you do it, we know it takes time to create a good product so no rush! 

Post edited by benjamincobb777 on

Submitted update today:

• Updated RSTurboLoaderConstants.dsa file for Turbo Loader for Genesis 9 support
    • Modified getting selected assets in Turbo Loader Scene Configuration to ask which you want to use, if both Smart Content and Content Library panes are visible and have selected assets
    • Changed GetFilesFromDir function so that the function ignores symbolic links
  • RiverSoftArt said:

Submitted update today:

• Updated RSTurboLoaderConstants.dsa file for Turbo Loader for Genesis 9 support
    • Modified getting selected assets in Turbo Loader Scene Configuration to ask which you want to use, if both Smart Content and Content Library panes are visible and have selected assets
    • Changed GetFilesFromDir function so that the function ignores symbolic links

Awesomeness! Can't wait to try it out! 

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437

Hi.

I got Turbo Loader for G8 and the Turbo Loader Utilities. 

I was hoping for something that would allow me to load a "blank" G8 figure for whem I'm creating products and need to quickly load the base figure constantly. But also I need the morphs for promos or personal stuff. So I'm switching regularly.

The issue is, disabling/enabling all the morphs takes too much time. It's much quicker for me to just use the figures regularly.

Am I misusing the product?

Thanks.

• Vholf3DVholf3D Posts: 63

Hello, I just noticed Turbo Loader Scene Configuration "Scan" action only scans the current frame, I used different expressions in different timeline frames and only the current frame gets the morph detected and included. Any way to make the scan work across all frames?

Thank you.

Hellboy said:

Hi.

I got Turbo Loader for G8 and the Turbo Loader Utilities. 

I was hoping for something that would allow me to load a "blank" G8 figure for whem I'm creating products and need to quickly load the base figure constantly. But also I need the morphs for promos or personal stuff. So I'm switching regularly.

The issue is, disabling/enabling all the morphs takes too much time. It's much quicker for me to just use the figures regularly.

Am I misusing the product?

Thanks.

If you are talking about switching between different configurations of active morphs, the Turbo Loader Manager (TLM) has a load/save configurations.  Use the TLM to save a configuration that you want to reuse quickly. The Turbo Loader Disable All script will disable all the morphs quickly.  Load a configuration using Turbo Loader Configurations to re-enable the ones you most use quickly.  (Or use Turbo Loader Enable All to enable everything quickly).