UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited October 2022

You can change the units of UltraScatterPro from CM to Meters, if that help.

Screenshot 2022-10-05 155852.jpg
    801 x 669 - 72K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

Thanks, @Barbult.

I have forgotten about the other units available.

Any tips about how to scatter many different trees / objects.

Do one need to to create UltraScatterPro for each separate object,

or can one group multiple trees and scatters groups of them?

Create a group with multiple trees and scatter the group. UltraScatterPro will randomly select a tree from the group for each instance, so you will get a variety of trees. It sounds like you could benefit from a review of the documentation.

Thanks again. Yes, I need to review the documentation.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,010

barbult said:

Create a group with multiple trees and scatter the group. UltraScatterPro will randomly select a tree from the group for each instance, so you will get a variety of trees. It sounds like you could benefit from a review of the documentation.

Will it create node instances?

• paulawp (marahzen)paulawp (marahzen) Posts: 1,007
    edited October 2022

Here's a test of assorted products and techniques to improve the foreground of a USXT scene. This one is a combination of a draped plane with a shader, a bunch of Foreground Blends and some rocks I picked up recently.

King.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 989K
    Post edited by paulawp (marahzen) on
    edited October 2022

lou_harper said:

barbult said:

Will it create node instances?

I don't understand what you are asking. UltraScatterPro always creates instances. Does this diagram help? (Enlarge to see the details) I scattered a group of flowers on a primitive plane. I didn't bother to adjust scaling or rotation options. You can scatter on the UltraSceneryXT terrain or any other geometry. You would need to generate a lot of instances to cover UltraSceneryXT terrain!  If you need UltraScatterPro help, you should probably post in that thread.

UltraScatterPro group scatter.jpg
    2892 x 1678 - 2M
    edited October 2022

Thanks to explanation from @barbult, I have scattered a group of props over the UltraSceneryXT.

Just need to find some good props to scatter.

xto4sc01sc03pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 825K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited October 2022

Yet another example...

xto4sc01sc05pic03.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 952K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 732

paulawp (marahzen) said:

Here's a test of assorted products and techniques to improve the foreground of a USXT scene. This one is a combination of a draped plane with a shader, a bunch of Foreground Blends and some rocks I picked up recently.

Great job Paula. Looks great witht the grass shader. 

edited November 2022

Just wonder, which one looks best...

xt11_02pic04Artistic.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    xt11_02pic04Dusk.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
    xt11_02pic04Painting.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    xt11_02pic04Soft.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

Just wonder, which one looks best...

I like the first one best. 

• That is my preference too. Regards, Richard.

Thanks for letting me know, @butterflyfish and @richardandtracy.

I experiment with different postprocessing effects for USXT renders,

so it will help me with that.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

Each one was interesting, but the third one made me think of a graphic woodcut almost.

I did look for hazy look since it was a distance shot but you didn't have one.

Love seeing different takes on the same render by folks.

memcneil70 said:

Each one was interesting, but the third one made me think of a graphic woodcut almost.

I did look for hazy look since it was a distance shot but you didn't have one.

Love seeing different takes on the same render by folks.

Thanks a lot for your comments and tips. Will have to experiment with hazy look next.

• lblb Posts: 0

Is it possible to export a scene as OBJ, FBX or even Blender?

I can export the terrain, but no maps/textures, water, trees, plants etc are exported.
    I don´t see any instance convertion options or similar, but maybe I just don´t know where to look - or perhaps it´s not possible to do?

Any help would be highly appreciated :)

• I just upgraded my PD Howler to the newest version and started playing around with height maps.  This is just a simple noise png that I dropped in for the height map.  No tweaking in USXT.  I can't wait to play around with this some more.  It's on sale thru Cyber Monday if anybody is wanting it.  They're 2 or 3 versions ahead of what's in the store here.  Just google Project Dogwaffle and look for the Thanksgiving and Black Friday newsletter.

USXT Howler 1 with Skies of Econ+Ground Fog - Small.png
    1060 x 617 - 924K
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

sandmanmax said:

I just upgraded my PD Howler to the newest version and started playing around with height maps.  This is just a simple noise png that I dropped in for the height map.  No tweaking in USXT.  I can't wait to play around with this some more.  It's on sale thru Cyber Monday if anybody is wanting it.  They're 2 or 3 versions ahead of what's in the store here.  Just google Project Dogwaffle and look for the Thanksgiving and Black Friday newsletter.

Hi there, this looks neat! I like the lighting a lot as well.

I'd like to start playing with height maps too, managed to find myself, with some pains, one of a particular area of Donegal (Ireland) which I'd love ot recreate in USX. If you know your way around here a bit already, could you perhaps tell me which size I need to make the height map, and where to put it? By size I mean image size, but also terrain size - I have no idea how big the USX terrain is. Thanks so much!

Tina

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

tsroemi said:

sandmanmax said:

I just upgraded my PD Howler to the newest version and started playing around with height maps.  This is just a simple noise png that I dropped in for the height map.  No tweaking in USXT.  I can't wait to play around with this some more.  It's on sale thru Cyber Monday if anybody is wanting it.  They're 2 or 3 versions ahead of what's in the store here.  Just google Project Dogwaffle and look for the Thanksgiving and Black Friday newsletter.

I'd like to start playing with height maps too, managed to find myself, with some pains, one of a particular area of Donegal (Ireland) which I'd love ot recreate in USX. If you know your way around here a bit already, could you perhaps tell me which size I need to make the height map, and where to put it? By size I mean image size, but also terrain size - I have no idea how big the USX terrain is. Thanks so much!

Tina

According to this post by Howie, the maximum height map size is 1024x1024 and the default terrain size (without rescaling) is 1 KM square. This was written whicle USC-XT was still in development, but I don't think it changed (not at my Daz Studio PC at the moment to check).

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

MelanieL said:

tsroemi said:

sandmanmax said:

Tina

According to this post by Howie, the maximum height map size is 1024x1024 and the default terrain size (without rescaling) is 1 KM square. This was written whicle USC-XT was still in development, but I don't think it changed (not at my Daz Studio PC at the moment to check).

Thank you so much, that post helps a lot! It's very cool that apparently, we can rescale the terrain too, if needed. The smallest size I can get my Donegal height map in is about 18 km, but only a very small portion of that concerns the area that I want to recreate. I'll fiddle around a bit over the upcoming holidays, maybe. It'd be too great to have some actual places to play with in USX I think.

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    edited January 2023
    lb said:

Is it possible to export a scene as OBJ, FBX or even Blender?

I can export the terrain, but no maps/textures, water, trees, plants etc are exported.
    I don´t see any instance convertion options or similar, but maybe I just don´t know where to look - or perhaps it´s not possible to do?

Any help would be highly appreciated :)

There is a product that dumps the instances to objects, suitable for exports or other renderers, since few of them supports instances conversion. The problem is the huge RAM waste, exporter and importer overload that will lead to crashes on most big scenes I guess. I have not tried this on DS. https://www.daz3d.com/instances-to-objects /Edit, you get a warning before a probable crash, see the end of https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/169131/does-instances-to-objects-do-what-i-hope-it-does
    Post edited by 3drendero on
  • hello, i need help, i have installed ultrascenery xt and its not showing up on my application at all.

• wily10abc said:

hello, i need help, i have installed ultrascenery xt and its not showing up on my application at all.

If you installed it via DIM you can click on the icon in the column "Launch/Open" (Arrow) and follow the instructions.

edited April 2023

wily10abc said:

hello, i need help, i have installed ultrascenery xt and its not showing up on my application at all.

UltraSceneryXT is a plugin. It has a PDF file explaining how to find it and how to use it. You can access this documentation in a couple ways:

1) In Daz Studio, the F1 key will open the help browser. Then navigate to the UltraSceneryXT plugin. Select the "Documentation". The UltraSceneryXT PDF document will open in your default PDF reader.

2) In your computer operating system file browser (not internet browser), manually navigate to the folder that the PDF in installed in.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 140517.png
    293 x 662 - 28K
    Screenshot 2023-04-05 140722.png
    736 x 294 - 48K
  • apprentice said:

wily10abc said:

If you installed it via DIM you can click on the icon in the column "Launch/Open" (Arrow) and follow the instructions.

i did not install it via DIM

If you did not install with DIM, what install method did you use? Installation method is one of the first clues to how to solve problems. You also did not say whether you found the manual by either method I suggested above.

• blackedoutgamerblackedoutgamer Posts: 5
    edited April 2023

barbult said:

If you did not install with DIM, what install method did you use? Installation method is one of the first clues to how to solve problems. You also did not say whether you found the manual by either method I suggested above.

i did look at the manual, it  wasnt in the create tab or the window panes tab, installed it via the installer it had and the normal way most other daz products are isntalled manually by dragging the content folder files in my daz library.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

UltraScenryXT is not just content to be dragged into the Daz library. There is a plugin that needs to be installed, and that does not go in the content library.  I don't know if the plug in is made available for manual installation or not. Did you install the plugin? DIM can  install plugins.

• blackedoutgamerblackedoutgamer Posts: 5
    edited April 2023

barbult said:

UltraScenryXT is not just content to be dragged into the Daz library. There is a plugin that needs to be installed, and that does not go in the content library.  I don't know if the plug in is made available for manual installation or not. Did you install the plugin? DIM can  install plugins.

how do i manually install the plugin using DIM? it doesnt show up in the avaliable downloads because i have it as a zip file.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on