do some functions on the new version lag for you too?

do some functions on the new version lag for you too?

While the newest daz version is great in two ways I found so far-now I can make emisive lights invisible and still shine out the light, and it remrmebers my pane setups so i dont have to redo them every time i reopen daz

but two other things I noticed have gotten worse

-when I save last draw (on this machine anyway) it used to take sround five - 10 seconds to complete the function (on my other macine there is zero wiat time), now with the new version seems like it takes more like 30 seconds

-when I am in geometry editor and try to go back to a move tool, it takes a  long time to switch back, probably around 30 seconds on average

I was wondering if this is just my machgine or if other people are having similar problems.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,631
    edited May 2023

I haven't encoutered these issues... especially the 2nd issue... even if in a 'big scene', usually it just takes 2-3 seconds at most when toggling the tools.. Which DrawStyle did you use when editing geometry and was there any figure or object had too many vertices / faces ? e.g. those 'big' strand-based hair or dforce hair, etc...?

Post edited by crosswind on
  • VicSVicS Posts: 1,154

I usually use filament, yes sometimes there are many vertices but there have always been and didnt get that happening before I updated to the new version

I tested a complex scene with Filament but found no problem either. I'm not able to reproduce the issue for the time being... Let's see if sb. ever had the similar experience of these issues and found a resolution.. 

another  thing I found is that you can move the scene to the right now whereas before you would have to take the screen off full screen view in order to do that, since the mouse couldnt barely move to the right when in full screen

what features do you find imporoved in this newest version?

TBH, I found no really ‘’big change‘’ but LIE enhancement and Transfer Utility fixing which I use frequently, as I use Public Build most of the time...

guess i was wrong, you till can move fullscreen's view to the right, only way to is to minimize 

so the only good thing is invisible emisive. which is huge but from what I know many fixes are doable, daz must not have too many programmerds making the program run as good as can be