Saphirewild's Randomness Renders

SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
edited January 2019 in Art Studio

Plz be brutally honest with me on this and let me know how I can improve this render cause I know it is not as good as it could be:

http://s844.photobucket.com/user/Nancy-Lin_Hovey/media/Tip Toe Through The Patio_zpseenrfmjj.png.html?filters[user]=144118561&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

Post edited by Saphirewild on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

What are you using to render? It is overly pixilated. Looks like the render was stopped mid processing.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    frank0314 said:

What are you using to render? It is overly pixilated. Looks like the render was stopped mid processing.

I used the IRAY I think it is called? I let it render till it said it was done but I thought it was not done for sure not sure why it stopped like that "Shrugs".

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Iray has 3 'stop' conditions...with the time (2 hrs default) being the one that usually stops the render before it's done.

mjc1016 said:

Iray has 3 'stop' conditions...with the time (2 hrs default) being the one that usually stops the render before it's done.

Is there a way I can fix that?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Yes, you can change all three...in the Render settings.  Time is probably the one to change.

mjc1016 said:

Yes, you can change all three...in the Render settings.  Time is probably the one to change.

okies thanks!!! what should I change the time to?

edited October 2015

I am excite to share the better render for my "Tip Toe Through The Patio" Scene. I also did a Cartoon one to see how it would turn out.

Plz be brutally honest with me on these pictures as it will help me to grow better in rendering and such.

Any advice will not be taken lightly, I need to improve and grow as an artist.

http://s844.photobucket.com/user/Nancy-Lin_Hovey/media/Tip Toe Through The Patio 3Delight Render2_zps6mjfofqu.png.html

Wait For The Bus To Hell Mod in PSP.png
    1268 x 915 - 1M
    Framed Tip Toe Through The Patio.png
    900 x 800 - 1M
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Congrats on the renders, you're off and running and will soon wonder where all the countless hours have gone while doing art. 

Okay, one suggestion- where you've cut off the figures in the first scene makes me want the cutoff point to either go up or down. You've got it almost to the feet, but not quite, and you've cut off some of the pumpkin's face but it's right where the mouth/expression is located. My preference would be to either back up the camera so you get that in the image, or zoom in more to the taller characters' faces. It's somewhat in the middle of the two effects. Love the cat's expression and the toon effect. Lighting makes it very easy to see and the shadows add nice emphasis.

Novica said:

Congrats on the renders, you're off and running and will soon wonder where all the countless hours have gone while doing art. 

Okay, one suggestion- where you've cut off the figures in the first scene makes me want the cutoff point to either go up or down. You've got it almost to the feet, but not quite, and you've cut off some of the pumpkin's face but it's right where the mouth/expression is located. My preference would be to either back up the camera so you get that in the image, or zoom in more to the taller characters' faces. It's somewhat in the middle of the two effects. Love the cat's expression and the toon effect. Lighting makes it very easy to see and the shadows add nice emphasis.

Thank you so much for the nice comments and the advice I will remember that for the next time I do the cartoon render.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I also forgot to mention the lighting on the second one lights her backside quite nicely. It also brings out the stone details. I like that the wall behind her is darker, whereas both ends of the scene are lit. That darker area make her stand out. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

yes the non cartoon one is much much better than the last one I saw!  I agree with Saphirewild on the cut off point.  And come over and join us on the newbie contest board for this months contest.  Still 10 days left and you will learn a ton! And, its fun lol.

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601
    mjc1016 said:

If you haven't already found the answer elsewhere.

I usually just add a zero to the default 7200 seconds (2 hours). If you change it to just a zero I've been told it will go on forever (until it's finished or meet one of the other two stop conditions) but I haven't tried that myself.

The other two stop conditions are "Max Samples" (default 5000) and "Rendering Converged Ratio" (default 95%).

When your render needs lots of time it usually needs lots of iterations too so it's usually best to increase the Max Samples too when increasing Max Time.

And welcome to the wonderful world of Iray! I'm a newbie myself and most useful stuff, like the above, I've learned here on the forum. It's a great place to be. wink

isidorn said:
    mjc1016 said:

If you haven't already found the answer elsewhere.

I usually just add a zero to the default 7200 seconds (2 hours). If you change it to just a zero I've been told it will go on forever (until it's finished or meet one of the other two stop conditions) but I haven't tried that myself.

The other two stop conditions are "Max Samples" (default 5000) and "Rendering Converged Ratio" (default 95%).

When your render needs lots of time it usually needs lots of iterations too so it's usually best to increase the Max Samples too when increasing Max Time.

And welcome to the wonderful world of Iray! I'm a newbie myself and most useful stuff, like the above, I've learned here on the forum. It's a great place to be. wink

This IRay is quite confusing for me right now so I think I will stick to 3Delight for now till I get IRay mastered

Sonja11 said:

yes the non cartoon one is much much better than the last one I saw!  I agree with Saphirewild on the cut off point.  And come over and join us on the newbie contest board for this months contest.  Still 10 days left and you will learn a ton! And, its fun lol.

Thanks Sonja11 I have entered 2 renders in the newbie contest and also added a black render to the Oct Challenge. SO I am well on my way I guess with my art!!!! Still loads to learn though for sure.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,142

Threads merged.  Please use one thread for your renders.  You can change the title of the thread if you like.

edited October 2015

I think this one is better for the cartoon one the mouth is not cut off this time. I do not think I can get this to work anybetter for what I was thinking.

Wait For The Bus To Hell 2.png
    1268 x 915 - 1M
    edited October 2015

Here is one of me playing around with scaling and with the background!

Black Beauty Elf busty playful.jpg
    398 x 579 - 116K
    edited October 2015

Here is one I just rendered and played with in PSPX8 wow they have some great tools in this new one!! Even have depth of field in there so played with it a bit on the background.

Mrs.Elven Relaxes.jpg
    1017 x 971 - 424K
  • PandaB5PandaB5 Posts: 250

Cool images - I adore your cartoon characters in wait for the bus - 3 pictures up. I really like the shiny effect.

PandaB5 said:

Cool images - I adore your cartoon characters in wait for the bus - 3 pictures up. I really like the shiny effect.

Thanks I really love the way it shines too PandaB5. I will be posting more as I get them finished as I have about 3 on the go for setting up laugh

edited November 2015

Here is one I did last night mostly playing around with the postworks and I know it is a day late ut my way of saying Happy Halloween:

Happy Halloween.jpg
    938 x 559 - 325K
    edited November 2015

Here is another one I did today I know I know Halloween is over but I could not resist making this cute render.

Dinky gets into Halloween.jpg
    800 x 613 - 296K
    edited November 2015

I was bored so I did one of the lessons in daz tonite......here is the one I did up called: Inside The Asylum!!

Inside The Asylum .png
    700 x 910 - 938K
    edited November 2015

Here is my attempt at another cartoon but it didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to.

Halloween Escape render.jpg
    864 x 639 - 454K
    edited November 2015

Here is one I did today 02/11/2015 I want to see if ev1 gets the story I am telling this time!!??

BellyDanceClassshowing off.jpg
    600 x 600 - 256K
    edited November 2015

This one was made for the "Because I said so" challenge I think I did a pretty good render this time! I picked "Don't Ask!" for this render

Lil Miss Badness better focus.png
    764 x 582 - 886K
    edited November 2015

Here is one I did for the Freebie Contest:

Waiting to go for a Ride on The Scooter.png
    600 x 600 - 706K
    edited November 2015

Another Funny Render for another contest: