4k Monitor support, Text and Icons

Using daz studio with a 4k monitor show very small text and icons, It would be nice if you can increase the text and Icon size to and extra 50%.... I know you can use microsoft to make apps larger but this just make thing fuzzy!!!!!

Comments

• It's coming, probably a complete update to the UI will be included in DAZ Studio 5 among other things.

• If you are using Windows DS will now respect the system DPI setting, which will give larger text. That's intended only as a stopgap pending the moer complete solution, but the complete solution requires switching to a more recent version of the Qt framework and that is a big undertaking (currently in progress).

• If you are using Windows DS will now respect the system DPI setting, which will give larger text. That's intended only as a stopgap pending the moer complete solution, but the complete solution requires switching to a more recent version of the Qt framework and that is a big undertaking (currently in progress).

Forgot to say that Daz looks absolutely stunning with 4k monitor, only the text is just a tad too small....

• i have the same probleme ..it,s driving me crazy

• i have the same probleme ..it,s driving me crazy

For temp fix for windows 10: Settings, System, Display, Move the Slider where it say "Change the size of text apps and other items" to 150% or what ever..... I guess we have to wait for update!!!

• GenerationXGenerationX Posts: 56
    edited August 2016

I have inserted this code inside of a plug-in, this seems to work on most text incuding scene and tool-tips... Small text on my 4k Monitor is now fixed :) 

QFont myFont("Helvetica");
    myFont.setPixelSize(14);
    myFont.setWeight(2);
    qApp->setFont(myFont);

Post edited by GenerationX on
  • I have inserted this code inside of a plug-in, this seems to work on most text incuding scene and tool-tips... Small text on my 4k Monitor is now fixed :) 

myFont.setPixelSize(14);
    myFont.setWeight(2);
    qApp->setFont(myFont);

Hacking code, aside from any EULA issues, is a dangerous course of action - it may well cause a conflict elsewhere in the current version, or interfere with a future version. We strongly advise against this kind of tinkering for that reason.

• I have inserted this code inside of a plug-in, this seems to work on most text incuding scene and tool-tips... Small text on my 4k Monitor is now fixed :) 

myFont.setPixelSize(14);
    myFont.setWeight(2);
    qApp->setFont(myFont);

Hacking code, aside from any EULA issues, is a dangerous course of action - it may well cause a conflict elsewhere in the current version, or interfere with a future version. We strongly advise against this kind of tinkering for that reason.

Tinkering with "setStyleSheet" has issues and is dangerous, changing the font size with "setFont" has no issues and is only temp 4k monitor fix for now, it will be deleted on next ds update....