I want to buy this, but...

http://www.daz3d.com/camping-gear

Every time I see this, I want to buy it. My characters need canteens, but... How are they supposed to carry the blasted things? No belt pouches for any of these items. Very few sheathes for swords (which I don't need, but others do) or knives (which I need), a few holsters for handguns, but worst of all, no rifle slings! Come on now, anyone who does serious work with a rifle uses a sling! How are our people supposed to carry all of these things when they're not actually using them? I have a nice sniper rifle, there was even a clothing set offered which I would have bought if it had a sling and magazine pouches, but no go. Seriously? The whole reason for removable magazines is quick reloads, it's not so quick without freaking extra magazines or pouches to carry them in!

I think I'm barking at the wind here. Every real rifle that I own has a sling, some more than one. Because I don't want to carry the clumsy things in my hands all day, and they make shooting more accurate. But my 3D rifles are naked. It's just... wrong.

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

Yeh I have it my wishlist; but the missing parts have it as a lower priority.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,121
    edited August 2016

I just bought this today, hehe. I'm going to put all these in this: http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-backpack Maybe not everything, but the canteen definitely.

Post edited by Ati on
  • Slings are a tricky thing in that they either need to be dynamic or with different presets for positions. Personally, I would probably have a case for a sniper rifle, though.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

Slings are a tricky thing in that they either need to be dynamic or with different presets for positions. Personally, I would probably have a case for a sniper rifle, though.

I have a hard case for my favorite bolt action. The case has a sling so I can carry it on my back. :) But I'm not carrying the case through the woods, too much extra weight. (I shortened the handle of my toothbrush to save .0001 gram. Hey, it adds up!)

• Oh I agree with this thread so much! I have NEVER understood why people have made so many daggers and swords that cannot be sheathed. It's really ridiculous and honestly, looks like a lazy way out on the maker's part. Tsk tsk. Same, as you said, with guns and canteens.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    Petercat said:

Slings are a tricky thing in that they either need to be dynamic or with different presets for positions. Personally, I would probably have a case for a sniper rifle, though.

I have a hard case for my favorite bolt action. The case has a sling so I can carry it on my back. :) But I'm not carrying the case through the woods, too much extra weight. (I shortened the handle of my toothbrush to save .0001 gram. Hey, it adds up!)

... But very slowly. :)