Dynamic cloth as in poser

For years I used poser but found that it is increasingly clumsy and slow to use with more modern Daz figures since the introduction of DSON so I now use daz studio most of the time and have become moderately competent with it. I quite like it now but miss some things that were available in poser.( One is that with poser I could seamlassly transfer poser figures to Vue if I wanted to use them in a landscape. They could even be reposed in Vue. With Daz  I have to convert them to .obj files which are static and sometimes the material renders come out pretty weird; but that is another story and I guess that daz will never make this intergration available because it wants to sell Bryce and all its addons).

The one thing I miss most of all is an equivalent of the cloth room in poser. With that I could convert many conforming clothes to dynamic clothes. which are so much better in many complex situations and in animations. I could even make simple clothes as Obj files using Carrara and then clothify them in the cloth room. I could drape bits of cloth all over the place with great ease. and get them blowing in the wind.

Now in daz I find that I have to buy dynamic clothes and then fiddle with them in a plug in; there is no possibility of making an ordinary mesh dynamic without buying optitex at great expense. It is all so very inflexible! My number one wish is for studio to have a cloth room similar to poser. Meanwhile I waver between the two figure modelling programmes, because neither give me fully what I want.

Comments

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited September 2016
    ennot said:

The one thing I miss most of all is an equivalent of the cloth room in poser. With that I could convert many conforming clothes to dynamic clothes. which are so much better in many complex situations and in animations. I could even make simple clothes as Obj files using Carrara and then clothify them in the cloth room. I could drape bits of cloth all over the place with great ease. and get them blowing in the wind.

Now in daz I find that I have to buy dynamic clothes and then fiddle with them in a plug in; there is no possibility of making an ordinary mesh dynamic without buying optitex at great expense. It is all so very inflexible! My number one wish is for studio to have a cloth room similar to poser. Meanwhile I waver between the two figure modelling programmes, because neither give me fully what I want.

The full version of Optitex control itself is not expensive, it is a light version of pro grade simulator. Its problem is no official support for G1-SpecificActors G2F G3F shape clothing. Which makes it not so useful to Daz Genesis/s users after 2013.

There is a Daz script to get Optitex control plugin to work with any custom obj but only possible for personal use. That script is not found anywhere on this site.

Good thing is since a week ago, Daz users has a new soft cloth option called VWD Cloth And Hair plugin that is even more refined than Poser cloth room. Check it out at this forum discussion and see if it works for you.

Post edited by Mythmaker on