Add-On For Terradome 2 That Would Allow For DAZ3D Compatibility

Recently, I purchased Terradome 2 and I was hoping that it would work in DAZ3D. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that much about it is incompatible with DAZ. Now I know about  Terradome 3, but from what I can tell, its material settings are strictly Iray, and I have had a miserable time with that.

So could someone do me the immense favor of creating a plugin or adapter or something that would allow Terradome 2 to function in DAZ3D? I would buy it in a heartbeat!

Comments

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,636
    edited September 2016

Recently, I purchased Terradome 2 and I was hoping that it would work in DAZ3D. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way that much about it is incompatible with DAZ. Now I know about  Terradome 3, but from what I can tell, its material settings are strictly Iray, and I have had a miserable time with that.

So could someone do me the immense favor of creating a plugin or adapter or something that would allow Terradome 2 to function in DAZ3D? I would buy it in a heartbeat!

I doubt that this would be possible or at least practical. Traveler said that in order to get Terradome to work in DAZ Studio he had to completely rebuild it; hence we have TerraDome 3 for DS.

Uless you want it for Poser, your best option would be to return TerraDome 2 and purchase TerraDome 3 instead.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

The previous Terradome's have generally relied heavily on certain poser shader nodes that don't work in DS to begin with.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,113

Check out the TerraDome3 thread; Will Timmins has been getting some very good results in 3DL.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Wouldn't it be possible to just simply use the geometry from terradome 2, then replace all the shaders with Daz shaders or tiling textures?

• As others have pointed out, while you wouldn't get the same exact effect in 3delight, if you have really nice nature shaders- grass, ground, bark, etc- and there's a lot of those for 3delight (I have a ton of them) you could always use that to apply 3dl shaders.

Here I've used JoLab's liquid shaders, the water, on the lake, and Shades of Life-Nature projection shaders (tiling turned up and displacement a bit higher, to account for the large scale of the scene).  Cloud 9 sky and light. 

SO there's terradome 3 in 3delight. Just a fast spot render... didnt' do anything fancy with it. You can also use instancing (I like using Alessandro's Infinito plugin for it) for adding lots of plants and grass and trees- they are low res and made for filling up an entire terrain. :) You can also use it to make additional terrains. Totally worth having.

td3 3dl.jpg
    856 x 741 - 239K
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957
    edited September 2016

I have a freebie 3DL shader that can be used on geoshells to add a 'top surfaces' layer. Can be pretty handy for this sort of thing. Granted, it's pretty much only useful for straight Daz shader qualities for the extra layer, but you can then combine it with whatever on the parent layer.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106626/will-timmins-procedural-shaders#latest

Post edited by Oso3D on