Fix the models! (So far Genesis is the only complete model that can be used for real)

SeventhRoar666SeventhRoar666 Posts: 126
edited September 2016 in Product Suggestions

Genesis have ideal feet, ideal body, with tons of morphs and you can even morph the model like clay in the "Parameters" window (Like less big hips, smaller arms, (Ect ect). I tried to create Reina in Hokuto no ken and it was impossible with all models except genesis.

Genesis 2 has the body but misses many morphs and feet morphs (Anime characters have different feet for example) It also misses body change morphs

http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-morph-bundle

Without the possibility to scale the head, all models looks completely off. The models have WAY to big head compare to the rest of the body. a grown up body is 8 heads and 1 head to each shoulder.

Even children has one head apart from each shoulder. So, without head scaling everything looks completely off.

Even a teenager is 7 or 7.5 heads. Only 11-12 year children are 6.5 heads tall.

Like here, a good explaination why everything here is off by standard.

https://postimg.org/image/m0l0tt41p/

Or toe control

http://www.daz3d.com/toe-control-for-genesis

Try to create a character that shall move forward like they do in anime without the possibility to change the toes. (Good luck with that)

So it makes me angry as a costumer to see you send in new models without completing the others first. Genesis 2-3 and even Victoria 4 is very bad. They misses tons of stuff.

This model I just created is not possible to create with either Geneis 3,2 or Victoria 4, or the rest of them all except Geneis. (Because they are NOT complete)

Do something complete before you start sending other models in, please!

Try to create this kind of model with something else then Genesis and you will fail for sure. It's forms are based on Reina from Hokuto No Ken (Yes, I like anime)

And even lalibits has been converted to Genesis by a hacker. So the Genesis base model has it all so far.

https://postimg.org/image/ttz87gflv/

Post edited by SeventhRoar666 on

Comments

• Equivelant morphs to the Genesis morph bundle you mentioned do exist for Genesis 2 and Genesis 3. Toe control doesn't have an equivelant here that I know of, and Victoria 4 is old tech that predates Genesis1.

• Equivelant morphs to the Genesis morph bundle you mentioned do exist for Genesis 2 and Genesis 3. Toe control doesn't have an equivelant here that I know of, and Victoria 4 is old tech that predates Genesis1.

So Ideal feet and genesis evolution exists for both Gensis 3 and 2? I did not see anything about that in your link. Toe control is the whole world if you work with series like I do. Try to create two martial artists without that

and make it look good = good luck.

• https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-body-morphs

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-head-morphs

There are similar sets for Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male, and Genesis 3 Male.

The foot and toe morphs, if they exist, may be at another store site; I do not know of any for the Genesis 2 or 3 figures on this site.

• https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-body-morphs

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-head-morphs

There are similar sets for Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male, and Genesis 3 Male.

The foot and toe morphs, if they exist, may be at another store site; I do not know of any for the Genesis 2 or 3 figures on this site.

Still no scale head. That is super important, I will show you what I mean. Hold, going to create a fighting comic fast. (Yes, I can do that)

• It has it. Hands, arms, legs and feet are all scalable, as well.

• SeventhRoar666SeventhRoar666 Posts: 126
    edited September 2016

It has it. Hands, arms, legs and feet are all scalable, as well.

Ok, but that's like one thing of what you need. Genesis has tons of morphs and body changes. That is just the basic to even be able to do something that looks different from the original.

I can pretty much morph my base Genesis to what I want. I can change the bone structure in hands, feet, legs, everything. Genesis 2 is not even close to that,and then they release Genesis 3 when Genesis 2 does not even work!

I wish my rendering could go faster, bah.

Here you can see what I mean. Without toe controll your models are lifeless if you are not ALWAYS have shoes on them. That is the first mistake people usally make when trying to create a picture, you need both the feet and the hands to be alive otherwise the char is dead or look like a robot.

https://postimg.org/image/oszfuqfv7/

So it's pretty much impossible to do something good with Genesis 3 or 2 yet. If you are not satisfied with pictures only ofc. If you want more... good luck.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited September 2016

You could get the GenX plugins then you could use all the morphs if desired, or you can use other modeling software to create your own morphs, its just a premade mesh, a starting point, the skills in using tools and creating art and rendering are up to you.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited September 2016
    ToeJam said:

You could get the GenX plugins then you could use all the morphs if desired, or you can use other modeling software to create your own morphs, its just a premade mesh, a starting point, the skills in using tools and creating art and rendering are up to you.

Gen X, what is that, I never heard of that?

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

Ok, but that's like one thing of what you need. Genesis has tons of morphs and body changes. That is just the basic to even be able to do something that looks different from the original.

I can pretty much morph my base Genesis to what I want. I can change the bone structure in hands, feet, legs, everything. Genesis 2 is not even close to that,and then they release Genesis 3 when Genesis 2 does not even work!

Here you can see what I mean. Without toe controll your models are lifeless if you are not ALWAYS have shoes on them. That is the first mistake people usally make when trying to create a picture, you need both the feet and the hands to be alive otherwise the char is dead or look like a robot.

So it's pretty much impossible to do something good with Genesis 3 or 2 yet. If you are not satisfied with pictures only ofc. If you want more... good luck.

Genesis 2 has toe controls as well as hand controls. Genesis 3 has toe and hand bones for even more control. Genesis 1 could only move toes by morphs, so Genesis 2 and 3 are an improvement over the first genesis. 

• It has it. Hands, arms, legs and feet are all scalable, as well.

Genesis 2 has toe controls as well as hand controls. Genesis 3 has toe and hand bones for even more control. Genesis 1 could only move toes by morphs, so Genesis 2 and 3 are an improvement over the first genesis. 

Show me something, like a cartoon character created with genesis 2 or 3 please.

edited September 2016

Show me something, like a cartoon character created with genesis 2 or 3 please.

That's not what you asked for. Besides look for for 3duniverse's store and you will see several characters for genesis 2 and 3. Still the toes for later generations are much better than genesis 1, as well as the bending (by far) and facial expressions (absolutely... gen1 had a serious problem with dead-eyed stares). Also with androygenous nature of genesis 1, it was hard to get a figure to look truly male or female, which was why the sexes were split in later generations.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
  • There's a Head Propagating Scale under Actor>Head>Real World, I'm pretty sure it's in the base or the main Daz morph packs.

Head scale.JPG
    770 x 740 - 42K
  • jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Presenting Gally Oops, one toon character built from Genesis 3 Female and several of morph and character add-ons as requested.

G3F Gally Oops.jpg
    269 x 644 - 39K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited September 2016

​Star

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited September 2016
    ToeJam said:

​Star

I don't want to be rude or anything, but that looks horrible :/ The cartoon shaders will show like... eyes and mouth, the nose will be close to invisible.

(I work with PW-Toon) With to little shadow the nose will be invisible.

The eyes looks like they are glued on her. The hair was the only thing that was good. The rest looked absolutely horrible.

For the ones that say you can't create good females with genesis, check out my genesis females and say if they are even close to look like a male.

To use Genesis you must know anatomy and how the human body looks like.

And the other toon character, not wanna be rude or anything. But that also looked very bad.

ToeJam said:

​Star

I don't want to be rude or anything, but that looks horrible :/ The cartoon shaders will show like... eyes and mouth, the nose will be close to invisible.

The eyes looks like they are glued on her. The hair was the only thing that was good. The rest looked absolutely horrible.

For the ones that say you can't create good females with genesis, check out my genesis females and say if they are even close to look like a male.

And the other toon character, not wanna be rude or anything. But that also looked very bad.

Yes please link your gallery so we can see your efforts. Also it's not good to disparage the work of others, as you are displaying personal opinion and not facts. Toons absolutely do not need to follow anatomy, toons by definition aren't anatomically correct. Also, I think a lot of your complaints are simply personal preferences as well, since most of what you talked about so far have been found in later versions of figures as well. In light of this, i don't think it's right to change your argument to include insulting the work of others.

• I just linked the product image I do not even own her and its ok I am not terribly impressed by your renders either so not the least bit worried.

I actually do not use G3F or M much myself as they do not work in Carrara but can honestly say any figure can look good in the hands of a skilled artist which I myself do not claim to be either.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

LOL, SeventhSomething, the best thing to do when you are asking questions that make it clear you are a noob is not insult the work of those that have experience.

edited September 2016
    ToeJam said:

​Star

Yes please link your gallery so we can see your efforts. Also it's not good to disparage the work of others, as you are displaying personal opinion and not facts. Toons absolutely do not need to follow anatomy, toons by definition aren't anatomically correct. Also, I think a lot of your complaints are simply personal preferences as well, since most of what you talked about so far have been found in later versions of figures as well. In light of this, i don't think it's right to change your argument to include insulting the work of others.

I said it's what I THINK. So drop the bullshit. I said, I don't want to be rude, but that looked terrible. That is what I THINK.

Here is my work. This what I want to do with Genesis 3, If can't, then it's not complete. (I am far from an expert, but I know the basics, that I have gotten credit for many times)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Since there appears to be no foundation for a civil discussion this thread has been locked.

This discussion has been closed.