Cruise Ship

Any artist out there who loves to make environments interested in making a cruise ship for our characters? It would be fun to have them on the deck, in the dining room, playing games, swimming, ralaxinng on deck chairs, watching shows, etc. I'd love to see something like this.

Comments

• That would be a very extensive project. Maybe it could be done in parts like the "Dream Home" was in PC+; but even that was pretty expensive by the time you got all the parts.

Meanwhile there is this low poly freebie: http://www.sharecg.com/v/38869/gallery/11/Poser/Cruise-Ship-1

There are also some nice ones at some other sites (Do a Google Search for 'Cruise Ship 3D Poser Model"); but they are well in excess of $100.

• Yes i second charlies thoughts on this. I'd love to tackle a titanic-esque type set, but just one area could run around the 2-3 mil poly range and a heck of a lot of maps. A more modern, contemporary cruise ship may be easier with less ornate features, but i still don't think you could squeeze out an entire ship within a reasonable resource budget and maintain a high standard. Good idea though, i'll put that one in the bank. :)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,869
    edited September 2016

There are bits and pieces of the Titanic/Brittanic/Olympic-type ships in the store -- Veranda Cafe and texture sets, Promenade Deck and texture sets, First Class Stateroom and textures, Smoking Room, Reading Room, a below-decks room that I can't remember the name of, the Grand Staircase -- but none of the entire thing, and nothing modern, I don't think.

Post edited by vwrangler on