Blind Demon - Missing/Incorrect Parameters?

I just ordered Blind Demon, and it appears to be missing parameters and some other parameters are not working correctly.

I can not find the controls for Mouth Open Wide or Screaming, which are listed on the product page. The only mouth control I find that would open the mouth is Jaw Open-Close, but that does not appear to work correctly. Instead of opening the jaw, it slides it backwards into the head. The starting position is -2.0 and the other limit is 63, which is way out of the head. I've attached an image of the Jaw Open-Close at 30. I know this is an extreme setting, but it shows that the jaw never actually opens, just slides back into the head, messing up the geometry.

Perhaps I am missing something?

BlindDemonJawOpen.png
1119 x 1063 - 1M

Comments

• Have you checked the figure (under Pose Controls most likely) and the head (again, probably under Pose Controls) in the Parameters pane?

• Yes, I checked those areas. Under the figure there are only the BodyShapes morphs. Under the head, the only morphs are under FacialControls, and those are the JawOpen-Close morphs that does not work correctly. 

BDPoseControls.PNG
    771 x 556 - 68K
  • Select bottom jaw and use the Y translate dial to open the mouth. The jaw open close dial pivot the jaw on its axis.I will try to get Les to update this. But that is the workaround that I found works the best.

• The jaw open-close appears to have a pivot point somewhere around the upper jaw/head area. When you use it, it pivots the lower jaw into the back of the head. 

So, there is no Mouth Open Wide or Screaming morphs?

It's a shame to have to use a work around for something as basic as opening a creature's mouth.

• Yep, the open close dial pivots the jaw. Otherwise, the x,y,z dials work for opening/translating the mouth. Les just forgot to label these dials. 

• Sorry for the inconvenience, I actually pointed this out to Les before it went out, but it passed the QA in testing so apparently it wasn't that big of a problem. Thank you for your purchase by the way. I hope you enjoy the creature otherwise. Sorry for that small inconvenience. I'll try to get Les to update this. 

• You must have the bottom jaw selected to use the x,y,z dials by the way

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370
    edited September 2016

Not to beat a dead horse, but I too, was excited to get this cool looking figure only to be a little flummoxed at the 'jaw thing'. I mean, nearly every single promo picture had this open-mouth-screaming effect but it seemed a lot of guesswork was involved in figuring out how to do that. And a note to all product vendors - what seems 'so obvious and so easy' to you may be just utterly baffling to those of us at different learning curves than yourselves.

Vendor: "Awwww, that's EASY!  All you do is separate the positive and negative photons and reconverge them into the carefully calibrated flux capacitor. If you can dispell the ionic discharge, but capture and deflect the resulting tachyon explosion you will propel yourselves through time! (Otherwise you will destroy the entire known universe and every time stream emanating from it!)  I LOVE this stuff!"

Hobbyist:  "Grrrk?"

Seriously though...  I have every confidence that you will get an update out as soon as possible and I look forward to it!

Post edited by Gogger on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370
    edited September 2016

Probably still a work in progress, but coming along.  Blind Demon, DAZ Studio 3D, Actions from Graphic River and lots of Photoshop.

FS_Otherstroi_3D_Erik_Pedersen.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 468K
    Post edited by Gogger on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,957

Gogger; That's fricken amazing

• Gogger said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I too, was excited to get this cool looking figure only to be a little flummoxed at the 'jaw thing'. I mean, nearly every single promo picture had this open-mouth-screaming effect but it seemed a lot of guesswork was involved in figuring out how to do that. And a note to all product vendors - what seems 'so obvious and so easy' to you may be just utterly baffling to those of us at different learning curves than yourselves.

Vendor: "Awwww, that's EASY!  All you do is separate the positive and negative photons and reconverge them into the carefully calibrated flux capacitor. If you can dispell the ionic discharge, but capture and deflect the resulting tachyon explosion you will propel yourselves through time! (Otherwise you will destroy the entire known universe and every time stream emanating from it!)  I LOVE this stuff!"

Hobbyist:  "Grrrk?"

Seriously though...  I have every confidence that you will get an update out as soon as possible and I look forward to it!

There is a patch for this coming

• Gogger said:

Probably still a work in progress, but coming along.  Blind Demon, DAZ Studio 3D, Actions from Graphic River and lots of Photoshop.

And that is seriously badass